The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders estimates that 5 in every 6 children get an ear infection by the age of 3. In addition to this, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention generally do not recommend antibiotics for the majority of ear infections. In this situation, home remedies for ear infection appear as some of the best alternatives for potentially harmful medication. The ingredients listed below contain active compounds and healing properties that can help both adults and children recover safely. Read about what they do and how to use them wisely.
Read about home remedies for ear infection for natural relief.
- Immediate shipping
- Light purple streaking
- Cloves vary in color from teak to brown
- Very good eating raw or cooked
- Produces 7-13 very easy peeling cloves per bulb
We have spoken of garlic before as one of our go-to home remedies for earache, but did you know that it is powerful enough to help treat ear infections too? So strong in fact, that studies claim it is infinitely more effective and fast than some common antibiotics. One of the reasons is that garlic contains allicin, an active ingredient that provides antibacterial and antimicrobial benefits.
- Crush 3-4 cloves of garlic with a mortar and pestle.
- Puree the cloves and wrap them in a clean cheesecloth.
- Squeeze the cloth until juice seeps out.
- Pour 4-5 drops of these homemade ear drops for pain into the affected ear.
- ON YOUR TABLE FOR GENERATIONS - Morton has been a household staple since 1848
- A SALT WE ARE FAMOUS FOR - all purpose salt for cooking and baking, as well as for seasoning at the table
- MADE TO MEASURE - uniformly shaped crystals make table salt the best choice for baking, where precise measurements are critical
- FOR ALL SEASONS - No pun intended. Whether it’s your next dinner party or a night in, Morton has it covered
- JUST A PINCH - That’s all it takes. Take your meal to the next level with Morton
Everyday salt works as an amazing natural antibiotic and disinfectant in home remedies for ear infection. When heated, salt acts as a pain reliever and soothes any potential irritation in the area. This is one of the natural remedies that has been passed down for generations, with positive results time and time again.
- Warm up 1 cup of salt until it’s hot enough to safely place on the skin.
- Pour the salt into a clean sock.
- Tie the end of the sock so the salt won’t spill.
- Hold the sock with salt against the affected ear for 10 minutes.
- Repeat 3-4 times during the day.
3. Olive Oil
- Imported from Italy. Cold production obtained exclusively from olives harvested from the finest groves in Europe. Contains oil from one or more of the following countries: Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal.
- First cold press. This extra virgin olive oil is the quintessential everyday oil which is well balanced between fruit and spice. Perfect for roasting baking dressing and marinades.
- This product bares the North American olive oil Association (NAOOA) quality seal and has been tested for both quality and authenticity according to the International olive Council (IOC) standards.
- Crushed form Arbequina, Picual, and Koroneiki olives. Acidity: <0.4%
- 68 oz BPA-free plastic bottle. Certified ISO 9001: 2008. Cholesterol and carbohydrate free product. Certified OU Kosher.
Reliable home remedies for ear infection in toddlers are challenging to find. Nevertheless, you can trust olive oil for being a safe natural solution. Olive oil works by gently and safely opening up clogged Eustachian tubes, all while soothing irritation. You can also keep some olive oil around the house for other day-to-day health or aesthetic issues, like constipation or wrinkles, as well as for delicious meals.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil until warm.
- Pour 3-4 drops of the oil into the ear that has been infected.
- Use a cotton swab to carefully remove the softened wax from the ear.
*Do not apply pressure or push the swab too far into the ear.
- Light yellow flesh and golden, papery skin
- Deeply sweet flavor when cooked
- Assertive flavor when raw
- Perfect for most recipes
No matter if you want to learn how to cure an ear infection or how to get rid of a cough, onions can help you more than you would have expected. Onions are rich in quercetin, an important flavonoid that packs onions with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Their quercetin content helps them reduce the inflammation and eliminate the bacteria causing the infection.
- Place 1 onion in an oven preheated to 450 degrees.
- Leave it in for 15 minutes.
- Allow it to chill after you take it out.
- Squeeze it until you obtain onion juice.
- Pour 3-4 drops of this juice into the infected ear.
- Repeat 4-5 times a day until the infection subsides.
5. Tea Tree Oil
What makes tea tree oil one of the best home remedies for ear infection is its amazing active constituents: cineole and terpinen. Aside from making it a great natural antiseptic, these compounds allow tea tree oil to kill bacteria and activate its antimicrobial properties.
- CLEAN AIR, CLEAR MIND. We want to believe our homes are safe and healthy but most are filled with bacteria and germs that can just float in the air, just waiting to be inhaled into your lungs. Our tea tree oil will purify the air in your home and reduce breathing issues. Diffuse regularly to prevent mold and improve the air quality in your home.
- TIRED OF COSTLY AND PAINFUL SKIN TAG TREATMENTS? It has become more crucial than ever to be able to treat minor conditions in the comfort of your own home. Many customers agree that our 100% pure tea tree oil was less painful and more effective at eliminating or reducing their skin tags, than any other costly prescription or treatment they had tried in the past.
- OUR CUSTOMERS COULD NOT BE MORE SATISFIED. “I love this product. I am now using it on both my big toenails and expect to be rid of toenail fungus in a reasonable amount of time. I AM SO HAPPY...THANK YOU SO MUCH. SAVE MONEY, TIME, MISERY AND PAIN AND GET THIS PRODUCT.” Pitsy
- 1 MILLION USES. Tea tree oil may be the most versatile and widely used essential oil. Because of tea tree oils well-known anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, it is a common addition to many medicinal, self-care and home products. Our customers love to make their own treatments for a variety of minor medical issues, such as acne, psoriasis, eczema, warts, infections from piercings, scrapes, bruises, cuts, bug bites, burns, lice, athletes foot, toenail fungus, dandruff and razor bumps.
- BONUS!! You will receive a digital user guide with your purchase that contains a variety of information such as the history of tea tree oil, it’s benefits, uses and a bunch of recipes you can try at home. Make your own all-natural cleaners, hair care products and deter pests. DOUBLE BONUS!! Customers love that we include a glass dropper top, that makes using our tea tree oil so simple!
- Pour 3 drops of tea tree oil in a cup.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon colloidal silver.
- Heat the ingredients in the microwave.
- Stir well and apply with the help of a dropper in the affected ear.
- Keep your head on one side for 5 minutes so the solution can be absorbed into the ear.
- Turn on the other side for another 5 minutes so the solution can be drained.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a day, as needed.
The juice of basil leaves is high in pinene, cineole, limalol, and camphor, just to name a few constituents. This herb also has antibacterial benefits and antioxidants that can cleanse and disinfect the affected ear, all while destroying the bacteria that sparked the infection.
- Crush 3-4 basil leaves with a mortar and pestle.
- Pour the juice into a dropper.
- Put 3-5 drops of the basil leaf juice into the ear that’s undergoing the infection.
- Rub the ear with your palm so the juice can reach the infected area.
- Repeat 3-4 times throughout the day for the results you desire.
7. Hydrogen Peroxide
- Contents inside box may be substituted with equivalent products in different brand names
- Local antiseptic to treat minor cuts and abrasions
- 16 ounce
- Topical solution
We all know that hydrogen peroxide is an excellent antiseptic. However, not many know that this solution works not only for disinfecting open wounds, but also infected ears. Like in the case of olive oil, hydrogen peroxide aids in eliminating the excess wax that is frequently connected to ear infections. Please use only 3% hydrogen peroxide or less for treating ear infections.
- Add 2 tablespoons each of water and hydrogen peroxide to a cup.
- Drench a cotton ball in the solution.
- Keep your head tilted to the side and squeeze the ball so the solution seeps into the affected ear.
- Turn so the solution can drain out after 10 minutes.
- Repeat 2-3 times for effectiveness.
The gingerol in ginger helps it treat ear infections in adults with anti-inflammatory actions. Moreover, the same compound kills bacteria and fungi, relieving both the pain and infection. We recommend that you use fresh ginger for healing ear infections so you can get the best of its properties.
- Grate a small piece of ginger root until you obtain 1 teaspoon.
- Combine the grated ginger with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stir thoroughly and wait 10 minutes for the ingredients to combine.
- Apply 3-4 drops in the ear with the help of a dropper.
- Use juice directly extracted by crushing ginger as an alternative.
9. Warm Compress
No products found.
Not all home remedies for inner ear infection involve ingredients you might not already have in your house. If you don’t want things to get too complicated, a warm compress will always do an exceptional job of relieving the pain associated with ear infections. It helps you relax and unclog the Eustachian tubes so the infection can be naturally eliminated afterward.
- Take a clean towel or cloth and soak it in very warm water.
- Wring it well then put it over your ear for 5 minutes.
- Re-soak it in the warm water and repeat 4-5 times during the day.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
Thanks to its high levels of acidity, apple cider vinegar is among the most trustworthy home remedies for ear infection. This antifungal and antibacterial acid destroys bacteria causing the infection and inhibits them from spreading deeper in the ear. Furthermore, apple cider vinegar has a soothing anti-inflammatory effect on the ear infection.
- Apple cider vinegar pills for weight loss; our apple cider vinegar pills consist of pure apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper to promote weight loss, bloating relief, and boost your metabolism; losing weight with our acv pills has never been easier; with our premium combination of ingredients, we are one of the highest doses on the market to help you burn fat quicker
- No harsh vinegar taste; our apple cider vinegar is encapsulated so you can reap the benefits of ACV without the harsh vinegar taste or throat burn; our capsules protect your teeth from the highly acidic vinegar, unlike the liquid drinking form
- Health benefits backed by science; studies show that the main substance in apple cider vinegar, acetic acid, can help to reduce body fat percentage, decrease belly fat and increase energy levels; our premium formula is created to boost metabolism function without non-stimulating ingredients that are caffeine free giving you the natural option to kick that unwanted fat to the curb
- Manage blood sugar levels; research suggests that vinegar may have a beneficial effect in improving function and lowering blood sugar levels; during a weight loss journey, this is extremely important as most people typically cut out sugars and carbs, which decreases your energy levels right away; if you combine your new weight loss regimen with our apple cider vinegar capsules, you can combat those low levels and push through helping you lose even more weight
- Combination ingredients to pack a punch; the combination of cayenne pepper with our 100% pure and natural apple cider vinegar helps increase the boost in metabolism that you need to start your weight loss journey; to be the most effective, we decided to create our product with unfiltered, unrefined and raw apple cider vinegar powder so that it isn't harsh on the stomach
- Pour 2-3 drops of apple cider vinegar in your ear.
- Keep your head tilted to the side.
- Repeat 3 times daily for the best impact.
11. Lemon Balm
Lemon balm offers plenty of natural goodness for an infected ear. This ingredient has antiviral and antiseptic properties that aid in the healing process. It is extremely simple to apply and can be easily purchased at a low price.
- Put a finger of lemon balm on the inner part of your ear, as close to the infection as possible.
- Apply balm 2 times a day for the best results.
12. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves contain menthol, a strong substance that gives these ingredients natural antibacterial properties. The juice from mint leaves also reduces inflammation and even gently anesthetizes the area, making it another one of the home remedies for ear infection you can count on for relief.
- Extract juice from 3-4 mint leaves.
- Pour it into a dropper.
- Put 2-3 drops inside the ear.
- Add 1-2 drops around the ear’s opening for boosted effects.
13. Mullein Oil
- A proprietary blend of Mullein, Calendula and St. John's Wort flower extracts, and Garlic bulb extract
- Herb Pharm individually extracts each herb prior to blending to provide a broad spectrum of therapeutic plant compounds
- Prepared from herbs that are Certified-Organically Grown or are Sustainably Wildcrafted in their natural wild habitat
- Vegan, non-GMO, & gluten-free
- Herb identity assured via HPTLC fingerprinting and other methods specific to each herb
When researching how to help ear pain, you will find that mullein oil does an excellent job of relieving discomfort. Even though it isn’t an antibacterial agent, it has anti-inflammatory and analgesic benefits that help reduce the pain that comes with an ear infection.
- Pourmullein oil into a cup.
- Drench a small cotton ball in the cup.
- Place the soaked cotton ball inside the ear that needs treatment.
- Allow it to sink in for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the cotton ball and repeat when you feel acute pain caused by the infection.
Radishes are amazing vegetables that you can even plant at home for cooking or treating common ailments, ear infection included. Even though there isn’t research to back up the effectiveness of radishes as home remedies for ear infection, many users swear by the great results they offer.
- Crush 1 piece of radish until you get 1 teaspoon worth.
- Combine it with 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Heat for 10 minutes.
- Strain the radish pieces.
- Use 2-3 drops of the resulted liquid in your ear.
- Repeat 4-5 times a day, or whenever you feel the pain flaring up again.
15. Mango Leaf Juice
- Fresh & Organic, no brown spots or defects
- Order only from Artistic Solutions and avoid disappointment!
- Fresh picked from our own organic mango trees, same day shipping from Florida when expedited.
Little do most know that mango leaves come with a multitude of nutrients. Aside from antioxidants, enzymes, and minerals, mango leaves are also rich in the active ingredient mangiferin. As a result, they have antibiotic properties that work amazingly for healing ear infections.
- Use a mortar and pestle to finely crush 3-4 mango leaves.
- Extract the juice and gently heat it until it’s warm.
- Apply 4-5 drops in the affected ear, either with a cotton ball or a dropper.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times a day.
16. Eucalyptus Oil Steam
- THE BEST SMELLING & EFFECTIVE EUCALYPTUS OIL - 100% pure and natural, no additives, undiluted with no filters, vegan, and cruelty free. Treat yourself to a large 4 oz bottle of quality eucalyptus oil that’ll help clear the mind and bring a strong woodsy, yet fragrantly sweet aroma into your home. Satisfaction guaranteed! If you don’t feel the same way we do, contact us for a full refund.
- PREMIUM QUALITY GLASS DROPPER - Comes packaged with a dropper for ease of use.
- MULTIPURPOSE DIY - Great for aromatherapy, massage, skincare, diffusers, homemade blends, bath bombs, laundry, repellant sprays, and use in homes, offices, and gardens.
- AROMATHERAPY - It is ideal for clarity of mind, relaxation, clear breathing, and natural anti-bacterial disinfection. Enjoy the scents of nature with our Radha Beauty Eucalyptus Oil. Bring relaxation, wellness, and a sense of satisfaction to your day!
- PACKAGED IN THE US - Our cobalt blue bottles provide superior ultraviolet light protection and ensures that our 100% pure and steam distilled eucalyptus oil (Eucalyptus Globulus) will be in quality form from start to end.
To wrap up our home remedies for ear infection, we want to introduce you to the outstanding process of using steam. If you boil water and add a key essential oil, like eucalyptus, you can clear up the Eustachian tubes where the infection is blocked. Eucalyptus is one of the best oils you can use, thanks to its active compound cineole. It makes this oil an exceptional antimicrobial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory agent, among quite a few other healing properties.
- Boil 1 large pot of water.
- Add 5-6 drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Lean over and place a towel over your head so you can capture the steam.
- Inhale for 5-7 minutes.
- Do this daily so you can unclog your Eustachian tubes.
The home remedies for ear infection we listed are fantastic natural alternatives to ineffective and possibly dangerous store-bought antibiotics. Not only will they probably heal the infection faster, but they will do so safely. Practice makes perfect, so make sure that you repeat the remedies for a few days so the effects can take place. Nevertheless, consult your doctor if the symptoms persist after 3 or 4 days of frequent use. Let us know in a comment below what’s the home remedy for an ear infection that worked for you best?
Last update on 2021-02-24 at 05:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API