Anxiety is a state of the mind, or even a condition when it manifests very strongly, in which a person is constantly feeling concern or panic for seemingly no reason. Millions of people from all over the world suffer from this, whether on a clinical level or a more restrained one. The causes are unknown, though it’s a lot of the time a result of constant exposure to conditions of stress. The best way to deal with it is by seeking out some home remedies for anxiety that can help you control the manifestations of this condition. Some of these options will help you right on the moment and some make excellent long-term treatments to keep it in check in the near future as well. Just keep reading and discover these natural treatments and how you can use them to the best of their potential.
With its calming properties, chamomile is definitely among the best home remedies for anxiety. It releases compounds that can provide relaxation no matter what the issue that you’re struggling with is.
- Steep 2-3 teaspoons of dried chamomile in a cup of hot water for three to five minutes.
- Strain it and, depending on your taste, add honey and cinnamon to it.
- Sip on this tea a few times a day for about one month or until you see improvement.
Rosemary is more than just a herb excellent for food flavor. It’s also a plant with excellent calming properties, perfect for people struggling with anxiety.
- Add one or two teaspoons of dried rosemary to one cup of hot water.
- Let everything steep for around 10 minutes and then strain it.
- Enjoy this tea daily until you are satisfied with the results.
- You can also use rosemary incense or add a few drops of rosemary essential oil in an aromatherapy diffuser or vaporizer.
Another herb that has wonderful relaxation properties, sage is something you can easily turn into a treatment to help soothe the symptoms of anxiety. It works a lot better as a long term solution.
- Add a handful of dried sage to 4 cups of boiling water.
- Let this blend steep for 10-15 minutes and then strain.
- Drink this tea up to 3 times a day until you’re noticing an improvement in your well-being.
Lavender is probably one of the best home remedies for anxiety, being famous for aromatherapy benefits and the way it can calm down the nerves. You can use it very easily to deal with the symptoms of this condition.
- Add some lavender essential oil to another type of oil, a carrier one. Examples include olive or almond oil.
- Heat this mixture up slightly. Make sure it’s warm, but not too hot.
- Start massaging various spots on your body in order to let the effects sink right through your skin.
- For relief and relaxation as soon as possible, repeat this action several times a day for the next few days.
Prepare some ginger tea to easily slip out of the tight clutch of anxiety. Ginger is a fantastic soothing remedy that can help you with your nerves, as well as with the relaxation of your mind.
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes and remove from the flame.
- Strain, add some honey according to taste and drink while it is warm.
- Repeat the treatment 2 – 3 times in a day.
6. Lemon Balm
Try lemon balm if you are struggling with frequent episodes of anxiety. It’s fantastic and providing relief to your nerves and to help you with the symptoms of anxiety.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon balm into a cup of boiling water.
- Cover and let the blend steep for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Consume the tea before you go to bed.
- Repeat the process daily for 2 weeks to get the results that you are looking for.
7. Green Tea
Green tea is very healthy, but it’s also one of the undeniable best home remedies for anxiety. It has amazing soothing properties that you will benefit from every type you sip on a cup of green tea.
- Into a cup of hot water, add 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves (or 1 green tea bag).
- Next, add 4 – 5 basil leaves and let it steep for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Strain the tea, add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and honey.
- Mix well and drink it.
- Have this tea daily in the morning before breakfast to control anxiety.
Fennel has amazing calming properties that can benefit your mind. Furthermore, it boosts circulation, making thinking clearer in times where you could really use some help to get you back in that zone.
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil.
- Add 1 – 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds into it.
- Let it simmer for 5 – 10 minutes and remove from the flame.
- Let it cool down to room temperature and drink it.
- Repeat the process regularly before or after meals.
9. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is, most of all, a way of relaxing physically, but this is definitely not all that there is to it. Bathing in some Epsom salt can flood your body and mind with a sense of calmness that will continue to survive even afterward.
- Into a warm water bathtub, add 1 – 2 cups of Epsom salt.
- Soak in the bathtub for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Bath normally and pat dry.
- Repeat the process regularly to get relief from anxiety attacks.
Oranges make incredible home remedies for anxiety, whether you eat them and reap the benefits of the flavor or simply inhale their scent. They boost immunity and help your brain fight off depression.
- Combine 1 cup of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of honey and a pinch of nutmeg powder.
- Mix well and consume it.
- Repeat the process daily for a few days or weeks until anxiety attacks reduce.
Cardamom is another of the remedies that you should absolutely consider if you are seeking natural methods of dealing with depression. They release compounds that tone down this side of the brain, thus providing you with much-needed relief.
- Crush 3 – 4 cardamom seeds to get a fine powder.
- Add the powder into glass of water and stir well.
- Drink the solution once in a day to get relief from severe anxiety and panic attack.
12. Baking Soda
Baking soda can help you by balancing pH levels in your body, something that will have a beneficial effect on your brain as well, releasing anti-depressive stimulents.
- Into your bathtub filled with lukewarm water, mix 1/3 cup each of baking soda and grated ginger.
- Soak in the bathwater for 15 minutes.
- Complete with a relaxing shower after you’ve managed to relax.
- Repeat the method once in 2 days to fight anxiety and depression.
Try celery if you are in need of natural home remedies for anxiety, especially some that you can easily integrate in your diet for long-term results.
- You can start preparing your very own celery juice by acquiring three carrots and two celery stalks.
- Chop the veggies into smaller pieces so they can be easier processed.
- Next, add to juicer or blender. If you’re using a blender, pour over 1 cup of water.
- Serve the resulting juice right away to get the benefits while they’re still fresh.
14. Passion Flower
Passion flowers are plants with great anti-depressive properties which can help bring relaxation to your brain when you need it most.
- Put passion flower leaves in a muslin bag or tea infuser and then add them to the hot water.
- Let steep for five minutes or so.
- Take this tea about an hour before bedtime and limit yourself to one cup within a 24 hour period.
Valerian is a natural sedative, which means that it has properties which will calm your nerves and neurons, helping your body and mind slide into a state of peace. For this ability, valerian is definitely among the best home remedies for anxiety.
- Boil some valerian root in 250 ml of water.
- Next, remove from heat and steep for as much as 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Then, filter and then add some honey for a better taste if you wish.
- Lastly, drink this mixture once a day for the next few days for obvious improvements.
Almonds have numbing effects that can help anyone seeking relief from the clutches of an anxious episode. You can definitely rely on their benefits, as they are as efficient as the rest of the home remedies for anxiety we’ve just mentioned.
- Soak 10 almonds in water overnight.
- The next morning, peel off the skin and then grind the almonds.
- Combine this paste and a pinch of nutmeg and ginger and then add to one cup of milk.
- Drink it daily or a few times a week until you see improvement.
17. Warm Bath
Sometimes all you need is a good bath with a lot of essential oils meant for relaxation. This bath is just that, so feel free to follow the suggested directions while knowing you can always make it your own.
- Combine one-third cup each of baking soda and ginger in a bathtub filled with warm water.
- Soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Another option, you can add five to seven drops of an aromatherapy essential oil like chamomile, lavender, ylang ylang, geranium or bergamot, along with an ounce of carrier oil like jojoba oil, to your bath water.
- Soak in it for 15 to 20 minutes.
At some point in our lives, we all face anxiety. When seeking for the best home remedies for anxiety, always look for solutions that will help bring relaxation to your brain and soothe stressed nerves. This is the key to efficient treatments. How often do you struggle with anxious episodes? And have you ever given a shot to any of the treatments mentioned? Share your experience below!