Arthritis can be a painful and even debilitating disease to live with. There is no known cure for arthritis, and many people who have it find that it progressively gets worse over the years. While there is not a cure for this condition, some people have found mild to moderate relief of symptoms through great home remedies for arthritis. Some will use these proven arthritis home remedies in conjunction with medicine their doctor has prescribed, and some have found them to be so effective that they have replaced their prescription medication with an arthritis home remedy. These are some of the many great remedies that you can consider using.
Try the best home remedies for arthritis to alleviate the common pain in the joints!
1. Ginger and Tumeric Tea
When looking at home remedies for arthritis, you may be pleased to discover that the solution you need is as easy as drinking a cup of tea. Ginger and turmeric tea is a tasty way to find relief from your bothersome symptoms. Both turmeric and ginger have anti-inflammatory properties that alleviate symptoms of both rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. You can easily make a tea out of both turmeric and ginger to enjoy these anti-inflammatory properties.
- Boil water.
- Steep ginger and turmeric tea in the water for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea leaves from the water.
- Add sugar or honey for flavor.
2. Epsom Salt
Finding the relief you need from the pain of arthritis may be as easy as soaking your aching joints in warm water and Epsom salt. Magnesium sulfate is an active ingredient found in Epsom salt, and it has been shown to provide pain relief to joints, aching muscles and back pain. When searching for home remedies for arthritis, this is a popular option because of how soothing and calming a soak in warm water can be.
- Soak your afflicted areas in Epsom salt as frequently as needed for pain relief.
- Add ½ cup of Epsom salt to a gallon of warm water.
- Allow the salt to dissolve in the water, and submerge your affected area directly into the water for as long as you need to until pain relief is felt.
- Soak in a bathtub that has Epsom salt dissolved in it for relief if needed throughout a larger area of your body.
3. Magnesium Oil
Magnesium is known to provide the body with some great benefits, including facilitation of joint and muscle movement, easing the pain, relieving stiffness and more. Applying magnesium oil to your joints is an effective way to alleviate pain.
- Purchase pure magnesium oil.
- Rub the oil onto your painful joints liberally.
- Repeat this process several times per day.
4. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Finding a way to naturally lubricate your joints can benefit those who suffer from arthritis, and the good news is that the solution you need can easily be found in extra virgin olive oil. When olive oil is used as one of your top home remedies for arthritis, you will find that your joints feel more fluid and natural. You can use extra virgin olive as an arthritis home remedy as either a topical solution or as a supplement.
- Rub olive oil on your joints and then allow the oil to penetrate deep into the skin for use as a topical treatment.
- Swallow two tablespoons of olive oil each day for internal use. Be sure to eliminate other sources of oil from your diet to account for this increase in oil consumption.
5. Dandelion Tea
Because Dandelion is a rich source of both vitamins A and C, this substance can have many positive benefits for those who suffer from arthritis. These vitamins can repair damaged tissues in the body, which has excellent long-term benefits for you. In addition, both linoleic and linoleic acid are found in dandelion, and these suppress the immune response and minimize inflammation, which is great if you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Boil one cup of water in a pot, and add either one teaspoon of dried dandelion leaves or three teaspoons of fresh leaves.
- Allow the leaves to steep in the water, and then strain them out.
- Add sugar or honey as desired to sweeten it.
6. Blackstrap Molasses Concoction
Blackstrap molasses has been used for decades or longer as an arthritis home remedy, and many swear by the results it provides. This is a substance that is a rich source of magnesium, potassium, and calcium, which all can provide you with healthy benefits for arthritis. It is known to strengthen bones, regulate nerve and muscle function and more. This is one of the easier arthritis home remedies to make. However, note that this substance can have the same effects as a laxative on your digestive system.
- Mix in one tablespoon of blackstrap molasses with one cup of warm water.
- Drink this several times a day as needed for relief from the symptoms of arthritis.
7. White Willow Drink
White willow was used centuries ago as a pain reliever before the advent of aspirin, and it remains an effective pain reliever and anti-inflammatory substance for you to benefit from. If you are looking for an effective remedy for your arthritis, drinking a copy of white willow tea several times a day can yield wonderful results.
- Boil one cup of water, and add one teaspoon of either white willow powder or bark to the water.
- Allow the substance to boil for 15 minutes, and then allow it to steep for additional 30 minutes.
- Add sugar or honey to taste.
- Drink a white willow tea drink twice a day several hours apart.
8. Peppermint and Eucalyptus Rub
Arthritis can be a very painful condition to live with, and you may eagerly seek any type of relief you can find from your suffering. Peppermint and eucalyptus are both pain-relieving substances and their combined benefits in essential oils can be applied to your skin to give you a soothing, pain-relieving sensation. Fresh peppermint leaves are also known to help with muscular cramps.
- Buy essential oils of peppermint and eucalyptus as well as a carrier oil when looking for home remedies for arthritis. A carrier oil may be olive oil, grapeseed oil or another option.
- Add five to 10 drops each of the peppermint and eucalyptus oils together, then and add this to one teaspoon of your carrier oil.
- Rub this mixture onto your painful joints for instant relief.
Buy essential oils of peppermint and eucalyptus as well as a carrier oil when looking for home remedies for arthritis. A carrier oil may be olive oil, grapeseed oil or another option. Add five to 10 drops each of the peppermint and eucalyptus oils together, and add this to one teaspoon of your carrier oil. Rub this mixture onto your painful joints for instant relief.
9. Juniper Berry Tea
Juniper berries contain a substance known as terpene that is known to work with the immune system and to fight inflammation. Because of this, it is exceptionally beneficial for those who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, but it is also effective at providing pain relief for arthritis sufferers. Bear in mind that this is not something that will provide immediate relief, and it may take several days of regularly drinking it before you notice any results.
- Choose either common juniper or prickly juniper berries.
- Boil one cup of water, and add one teaspoon of dried juniper berries to the water.
- Steep the mixture for approximately 20 minutes before straining it.
- Drink this mixture twice per day on a regular basis for the best results.
10. Orange Essential Oil
Orange is another essential oil that you can use to treat arthritis. This oil has exceptional anti-inflammatory properties that you can use to relieve the pain and swelling associated with arthritis, at great benefit to you.
- Purchase essence of orange oil.
- Rub the orange oil onto your skin over the affected joints.
- Repeat this process several times per day as needed.
Frankincense is another essential oil that has exceptional healing properties for arthritis suffers. Like orange, it has anti-inflammatory properties that can be used to reduce the painful swelling that is common with arthritis.
- Purchase the essential oil of frankincense.
- Rub the oil liberally on your affected joints.
- Repeat this process several times per day as needed.
- Chew the leaves of frankincense as an alternative to using the essential oil topically.
To conclude, these are only some of the home remedies for arthritis that you can try. Some will provide immediate results, and others may take a few weeks of use before you see results. Give each option ample time to work, and try a few to see which one is best at providing relief of your symptoms.