Belly fat, also more scientifically doubled as visceral fat, is a big problem for many people. For starters, it doesn’t really give you attractiveness points. But, most importantly, it’s the kind of fact that can increase risk of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, or other worrisome conditions. That being said, the safest and most effective way of dealing with this problem is by combining a balanced diet with regular exercise. Below, you will find some of the best home remedies for belly fat: aka the superfoods that you should definitely add to your plate in order to shed off that unpleasant excessive fat. Keep reading and make sure to adjust your grocery list so that your next shopping spree will bring some of these foods to your pantry.
Ginger can help you in two ways. For starters, it’s a thermogenic food which will help you burn fats more easily by increasing the temperature of your body. It’s a fantastic ingredient to consume right before you attempt some exercises. Secondly, it also suppresses the production of cortisol, a hormone responsible for energy regulation which often causes stress as well.
- Fill a pan with water and then boil it for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add a 1-2 inch piece of ginger to the water.
- Reduce heat and let it all simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Afterwards, remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of honey and a squeeze of lemon.
- Stir everything well and enjoy the tea while it’s still warm.
- Have one cup in the morning and an additional 2-3 cups for the remainder of the day on a regular basis.
Lemons are going to help you with one specific part of your body: the liver. A liver that doesn’t work to its full capacity won’t be able to cleanse your organism of toxins as effectively. Lemon juice is an excellent detox agent that can help your liver remove the toxins which contribute to the accumulation of fat. In turn, this will make shedding the extra weight easier. Because of this, lemons are definitely effective home remedies for belly fat.
- Fill a glass with some warm water.
- Next, extract the juice form 1 lemon and then mix it in with the water.
- Chug down this mixture and make sure to not drink or eat anything for at least 30 minutes after consumption.
- Have a glass of this drink a day for good results.
Garlic is a common kitchen item that many people use for their cooking. And this is really good news, since you can easily turn it into a remedy that can help you get rid of that pesky belly fat. Furthermore, garlic also prevents the conversion of pre fat cells into fat cells and it increases the levels of good cholesterol in your body.
- Extract the juice from a lemon and then stir it into a cup of water.
- Chew on 3 raw garlic cloves and then finish off by drinking the lemon solution.
- Do this every morning for the next few weeks. Visible changes will begin to appear after 2 weeks.
Cinnamon is another kind of thermogenic food that not only will it help you get rid of belly fat, but will also help you reduce the overall levels of fat in your body. It’s an excellent inclusion in any diet when you want to shed off a few extra pounds. With that in mind, cinnamon is definitely one of the most effective and reliable home remedies for belly fat.
- Place 1 cinnamon stick or 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder in a cup.
- Pour boiling water over the cinnamon and then let the mixture steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Add a tea bag of your choice and then let it infuse for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Lastly, strain the tea and add honey according to flavor.
- Enjoy 1-2 cups of this tea every day for the next few weeks.
One possible cause for belly fat is water retention, which is an issue stemming for the improper functioning of your liver. This, in turn, doesn’t allow for a proper flushing of toxins out of your system. Dandelion is a herb able to improve the functioning of your liver, seeing how it’s an excellent natural diuretic.
- To a pan, add 1 tablespoon of dandelion or dandelion root powder, half a piece of ginger, half a piece of cinnamon bark, 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom seeds, 4-6 mint leaves, and 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring to heat and let it all boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Then, strain the mixture and add 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Stir everything well and drink while still warm.
- Enjoy 2-4 cups throughout the day on a regular basis.
6. Green Tea
Green tea can help you get rid of all kinds of body fats, not just the one gathered in your belly area. This is because it contains a compound shortly known as EGCG, which is a natural metabolism booster. Regularly drinking 3-4 cups of green tea every day can drastically improve the fat burning process of your body. Because of this, it’s definitely among the most impressive home remedies for belly fat.
- To a cup of hot water, add 1-2 teaspoons of green tea leaves (or a tea bag) and 5 mint or basil leaves.
- Stir well and then cover, letting it all steep for 7-10 minutes.
- Finally, strain the tea and add lemon and honey to flavor.
- Enjoy 3-4 cups of tea every day, preferably after meals for the best of effects.
Almonds contain a bunch of healthy fats, such as the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated kinds. By including almonds in your diet, you will be able to suppress your hunger better. Eating less, it will become easier for you to lose the belly fat through exercise routines and other useful home remedies for belly fat. In other words, almonds make fantastic adjacent ingredients that can greatly help you in your quest.
- Simply take 6-8 almonds and soak them in a container with water overnight.
- First thing in the morning, eat these almonds on an empty stomach.
- You can also do this by grinding the almonds into a paste and adding a little bit of honey and lemon to balance out the flavors.
- Do this every day for a couple of weeks.
Cranberries contain lots of acids, such as malic and citric acids, both of which are extremely helpful when trying to get rid of stubborn belly fat. They act as emulsifying agents, making it much easier to burn the excessive fat and to bring balance to your body.
- Mix 1 cup of unsweetened cranberry juice with 7 cups of water.
- Drink this mixture throughout the day, starting with 1 cup first thing in the morning.
- Repeat this daily for several weeks to start noticing visible improvements.
9. Chia Seeds
The hype for chia seeds has been on the rise lately, so there’s no wonder that belly fat removal is one of the many health benefits that people give this superfood praise for. They contain dietary compounds such as anti-oxidants, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids which help you feel fuller for longer. Chia seeds are excellent adjacent home remedies for belly fat that can make it that much easier to shed off stubborn belly fat.
- In the morning, acquire 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 1/2 cups of almond milk, 1 cup blueberries, 1 teaspoon poor vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of raw honey.
- Put everything in the blender and create a healthy smoothie that will greatly help you in your quest.
Cucumbers are mostly water, making them fantastic for cleansing the body and helping regulate the functions of your liver. Furthermore, they’re also packed with dietary fiber than can help provide an enhanced feeling of satiety.
- Cut 1 medium-sized cucumber and a lemon in slices.
- Add to a container filled with 2 liters of water together with 1 teaspoon of grated ginger and 10-12 sprigs of mint leaves.
- Stir well and then leave to infuse overnight.
- Sip through this drink throughout the day until you finish it.
Celery is low in calories and high in fiber and vitamins, exactly the kind of thing you need from excellent home remedies for belly fat. It will help provide a prolonged feeling of satiety, helping you lose weight much easier and in a more productive way.
- To a saucepan, add 1 chopped head of celery, 1 chopped large waxy potato, 1 chopped medium onion, and 1 stick unsalted butter.
- Bring the pan to heat and cook for 8-10 minutes until the onion becomes tender, stirring constantly.
- Next, add 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth and let to simmer for another 8-10 minutes or until the potato turns tender.
- Finally, season to taste and serve.
- Have this meal several times a week.
As the name suggests, watermelon contains a lot of, well, water. In fact, it has a percentage of 91% water, making it one of the home remedies for belly fat that you should definitely consider if water retention is an issue for you. Furthermore, it’s also a really low-calorie feed that will make it easy for you to shed off extra weight.
- Take a watermelon and peel it off, carefully removing all seeds.
- Separate the flesh from the rind and then chop in small cubes.
- Finally, add to a blender and process until you get a drinkable consistency.
- Add water if needed to thin the texture.
- Drink 2-3 glasses of watermelon juice throughout the day.
It’s safe to say that belly fat is a big problem both on the inside and on the outside. It can really ruin your silhouette and, most importantly, can potentially cause a number of greater health issues. This is why you should look toward getting rid of it as soon as possible. Our suggested home remedies for belly fat definitely work wonders, but not by themselves. The key is to live a balance life and to alternate regular exercise with a proper and healthy diet.