Blisters are small pockets of liquid that develop on the surface of the skin due to factors such as exposure to the elements, intensive friction, and various types of fungi. They appear most often on the feet and they are quite troublesome to deal with, hindering with daily activities, especially with walking. There are plenty of over-the-counter remedies that can help you efficiently get rid of thee nuisances. But likewise, there are also plenty of home remedies for blisters that you can try out in order to remove them from your feet in no time. Without further ado, here are the natural and affordable solutions that will aid you in your quest against these unwanted guests.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful antiseptic that will help you deal with the fungi or bacteria that may have caused the apparition of the blisters. It’s going to banish these pesky intruders and facilitate recovery and healing.
- Soak a cotton ball into some apple cider vinegar.
- Gently apply it to the affected area and let it air dry.
- As a side note, if your skin stings, dilute the apple cider vinegar with water first.
- Alternatively, mix 1/2 teaspoon of onion paste with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply the blend directly to the blister, allow it to dry, and then rinse it off with warm water.
2. Green Tea
Green tea is one of the best home remedies for blisters, a treatment famous for its cooling properties. Many people use it for detox because it has the ability to absorb toxins, including those behind blisters and other various skin issues.
- Steep a green tea bag in 1 cup of hot water for around 5 minutes.
- Take out the tea bag and let it naturally cool.
- Put the damp tea bag on the blister and keep on for a few minutes.
- Repeat 4 or 5 times daily for the next few days.
- Moreover, you can drink green tea 2 or 3 times daily to speed up the healing process.
Onion juice is a highly potent remedy, being one of nature’s greatest antiseptic agents. There are few types of bacteria that can withstand the actions of a bit of onion juice, including the ones responsible for the development of blisters.
- Grind 2 onions and then strain the juice using a filter.
- Next, wash the affected space using an antifungal soap.
- Apply this juice directly to the blisters.
- Leave it on for half an hour for desired results.
- Afterwards, wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Apply dusting powder to prevent moisture buildup.
- Follow this remedy by doing it twice on a daily basis for a minimum of a month to get positive results.
4. Castor Oil
Next up among the home remedies for blisters that we wholly recommend we have castor oil. It’s a fantastic antibacterial agent which also boosts circulation. With proper lymph flow through your feet, your body will be able to fight off the blisters faster and promote tissue healing.
- Pour a little bit of castor oil in a bowl and then warm well.
- Before going to bed, dip a cotton cloth in the oil and then wrap it around the area that’s bothering you.
- Cover with a plastic wrap to avoid any oil stains and then leave on overnight.
5. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is a popular herbal remedy for a number of issues, particularly the conditions that appear because of the activity of various fungi or bacteria. Use witch hazel to get rid of blisters in a natural and efficient manner, all thanks to its excellent antiseptic and healing properties.
- Just purchase some witch hazel solution and then dip a cotton ball in the liquid.
- Pat it against your patch of skin in need of help and let it air dry for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process several times a day until you get rid of the blisters.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a very powerful antibacterial agent, which is why plenty of people consider it one of the most reliable home remedies for blisters. You only need to whip out a treatment following the directions below in order to get an efficient and trustworthy solution to your blister problem.
- Mix 8 drops of tea tree oil with 1 cup of water.
- Then, apply this water to your feet using a cotton ball or a clean washcloth.
- Let the water dry off naturally.
- Follow this treatment every day before going to bed.
Just like green tea, chamomile is famous for its calming and soothing properties. It’s excellent for the sores of blisters and its antiseptic properties will be able to help deal with the fungi or bacteria behind this condition.
- Start by boiling 1 cup of water.
- Then, in a bowl, add two bags of chamomile tea and pour the water in.
- Cover the bowl and let everything steep for about 5-10 minutes.
- Uncover and take the chamomile bags out, placing them directly to the troublesome area.
- Keep each of the bags pressed for around 10 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy daily as many times as you need to get the desired results.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance that is usually excellent at dealing with infections and inflammations. It also helps with blisters thanks to its antiseptic properties and it will provide relief to the various aches and similar symptoms of this affliction.
- Add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder to 1 cup of milk.
- Heat this blend over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Afterwards, remove from heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Apply this solution to the blisters using a cotton pad.
- Repeat this treatment twice a day for the next several days until you get the results you’ve been looking for.
9. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt contains magnesium and other important nutrients and compounds which contribute to the cleansing of the body. Dipping your feet in an Epsom salt solution is going to help you soothe the symptoms of blisters while also dealing with the bacteria and toxins getting them to grow.
- In a small bowl of water, enough to fit in your feet, add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt and then thoroughly mix to dissolve the salt.
- Soak your feet inside for twenty five minutes to permit the salts to penetrate your skin and to let the effects work on the blisters.
- Repeat 2-3 times per week.
10. White Toothpaste
White toothpaste contains a lot of peppermint, which by itself makes a great treatment for itchiness, irritation, and other various primary symptoms of blisters. But these properties are all enhanced in toothpaste, making it among the best home remedies for blisters.
- Place a bit of toothpaste on your finger or a cotton swab.
- Cover the affected area with the paste and let it sit on for 2 hours.
- Rinse it off with a wet cloth and then apply essential oil of choice.
- Repeat a couple times daily until the blister is gone.
11. Lavender Oil
Lavender is a fantastic natural way of relaxing and providing relief to patches of the skin suffering from itchiness and irritation. Use lavender oil, one of the most reliable home remedies for blisters, to get rid of these annoying symptoms. Moreover, the antiseptic properties will also ensure to get rid of bacteria and fungi.
- Mix a number of drops of lavender oil with some carrier oil, like olive or jojoba oil, and apply it directly to your feet.
- Leave the oil on to work its magic for about 5-10 minutes.
- Lastly, clean off using a paper towel or generous amounts of water.
- Repeat the treatment daily to get the results you’re looking for.
12. Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly is a fantastic option for those seeking efficient home remedies for blisters. It’s a treatment that covers up itchiness and swellings resulting from the blisters, though it’s definitely not a particularly useful remedy if you’re searching for in-depth solutions.
- Dab a cotton swab in petroleum jelly.
- Afterwards, apply the jelly to your blisters.
- Cover with gauze overnight to keep the jelly from staining.
- Repeat as many times as you see it fit.
13. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is great for cooking and great for treating a number of health afflictions and conditions, including skin related ones. The strong antibacterial properties make it a fantastic treatment for blisters, being able to inhibit the growth of the organisms feeding into the condition.
- Heat a bit of coconut oil in the microwave and then mix with some paraffin wax.
- Spread this paste directly over the blisters and then cover up with a pair of clean, cotton socks.
- Go to bed and leave the socks on overnight.
- Finally, in the morning, take the socks off and wash your feet thoroughly.
- Repeat this process daily for 2-3 weeks.
14. Aloe Vera
Aside from being a powerful antiseptic agent, aloe vera also has great cooling properties that can help you out when you are struggling with itchiness and irritation. Simply follow the instructions below to undergo an efficient treatment that will rid you of blisters and their pesky symptoms in no time.
- Grab an aloe vera leaf and then extract the gel from it.
- Gently rub the gel onto the sensitive area and then leave it to naturally air dry for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, conclude by rinsing off with cool water.
- Make sure to repeat this process 2 or 3 times a day until the problem disappears.
15. Deodorant Gel
Lastly but not least, if you have deodorant gel in your house, then you already have at your disposal a great remedy to test out when you have blisters. It will help keep sweating in check, thus creating an unwelcoming environment for bacteria.
- Before putting on your socks or shoes, wash your feet thoroughly.
- Next, apply deodorant gel to your feet.
- Put on your shoes and carry on with your day.
Blisters make it very uncomfortable to walk and to carry out your daily chores. But luckily, they are not unbeatable. In fact, using the aforementioned home remedies for blisters should be enough to rid you of this issue as soon as possible. Give them a shot and then let us know which one of these treatments is truly miraculous!