Clear skin is one of the greatest staples of beauty in our modern times. Because of this, so many of us are eager to try all kinds of treatments and remedies that could help us achieve a flawless look. If you have smooth and silken skin, you can pretty much rest knowing that you will benefit from a glow of natural beauty. Of course, before you get there, you first have to power through acne, pimples, redness, black spots, and a bunch of other obstacles in your path. For this, we’ve enlisted the best home remedies for clear skin that help you get rid of these nuisances and to be able to truly shine. These home remedis for clear skin are intended for a variety of skin problems. If you are interested in getting rid of pimples and acnes specifically, you may want to check our article on home remedies for acne.
1. Green Tea
Green tea is rich in antioxidants which can nourish your skin from the inside-out, ensuring that it gets the necessary amounts of nutrients and vitamins to stay healthy and young. Many people drink green tea for detoxing their bodies and you should too.
- You simply need to drink a couple of cups of green tea every day for the effects to show.
- Steep a bag of tea in a cup of water for a few minutes.
- Afterward, remove the bag of tea and add some honey and lemon according to personal taste.
- Drink the tea while it’s still warm.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains certain compounds which are beneficial for exfoliation. And through exfoliation, you remove dead skin cells that tend to be unhealthy and clogged. This is the first step to any skin-clearing routine, thus making ACV perfect for inclusion among home remedies for clear skin.
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 1 part water. It’s important to do this especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the resulting solution.
- Then, gently pat against the skin and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash off with cool water.
- Repeat this every night before heading off to bed.
Lemon contains vitamin C, which is a primary source of health for your skin. But above all, vitamin C contributes to skin lightening, something you’d be interested in if you struggle with dark spots and blemishes. We wouldn’t recommend a lemon treatment if you have sensitive skin.
- Take a fresh lemon and cut it in two.
- Grab one of the halves and gently start rubbing it into your skin in circular motions.
- Keep doing this for a few minutes and then rinse off with some lukewarm water.
- Repeat the treatment daily until you feel satisfied with the results.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a very skin-friendly treatment, which contains strong antiseptic and moisturizing properties. It can keep at bay certain bacteria that can cause breakouts and infections and it can also keep at bay skin dryness and blemishes.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and clean it until you have only the gel left.
- Slice the gel into small cubes.
- Afterwards, you have the option of choosing. You can either grind the cubes into a paste which you can use as a face mask or you can rub the cubes directly into your skin.
- Include this process in your daily beauty routine for a flawless finish.
Honey is rich in antioxidants, nutrients, and other vitamins that together can really make your skin glow. It has a special property which allows for it to absorb moisture form the atmosphere, retaining it and locking it in your skin.
- Apply a thin layer, roughly 1 teaspoon worth, of honey to a clean and dry face.
- Let it sit on your skin for around 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, rinse off with warm water and then pat dry with a towel.
Similarly to lemons, tomatoes contain natural bleaching properties which will help you get rid of dark spots and blemishes, also giving you an extra afterglow. Tomatoes are healthy and natural, a perfect fit for all the home remedies for clear skin we’ve been recommending.
- Take a tomato and slice it in two.
- Grab one half and then gently rub the side with the pulp into your skin, creating circular motions.
- Wait for 15 minutes and then clean the residue off with some water.
7. Rice Flour
Rice has fantastic exfoliating properties, being able to help you get rid of dead skin cells while also improving circulation. Both of these factors are crucial to achieving a smooth and silky skin. And for this reason, rice flour is a great treatment for those seeking a perfect skin.
- Take some rice and grind it into a fine powder. It should feel simultaneously smooth and similar to a scrub.
- Combine the rice with some milk until you get a pasty consistency.
- Apply to damp face and then let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove afterwards by simply rubbing your face since the paste will automatically fall off.
- Wash your face with cold water to finalize the process.
8. Green Apple
Apples also make great home remedies for clear skin, but the green kind, in particular, is really good for this purpose. It can bring back to your cheeks radiance and fairness and also stimulate your circulation for a generally healthier skin.
- Take a green apple and then cut it in slices.
- Grab one of the slices and then gently rub it into the skin in circular motions for the effects to take place.
- Keep doing this for a few minutes and, afterward, rinse off the excess juice with some water.
Papaya has great moisturizing properties, but it can also bring some fairness and radiance back to your skin. It’s an excellent treatment for those struggling with dark spots and blemishes, but also for those with dry skin.
- Take a papaya piece and then mash it using a fork.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of honey and stir well until everything incorporates together.
- First, moisten your face and only then slather on the mixture.
- Keep it on for around 15 minutes and then rinse thoroughly using splashes of cool water.
10. Olive Oil
Olive oil is simply a haven for health and beauty, as many of us already know. Since it contains vitamin E, it’s also perfect for all your skin-related necessities. The olive oil absorbs impurities and leaves your skin fresh and rejuvenated. It is also widely used as a home remedy for stretch marks.
- Apply a few drops of olive oil directly to the skin, using either your finger tips or a cotton ball for better control.
- Try doing so by attempting a little massage in circular motions, which will also help boost circulation.
- Leave on for a few minutes and then wipe using a washcloth or towel you’ve previously dipped in hot water.
Turmeric contains certain compounds which actively improve the health and well-being of your skin. It can help reduce redness or other unevenly colored spots on your face. For this reason, it’s one of the most readily available and cheapest home remedies for clear skin.
- Take some turmeric powder and blend it in with lemon juice until you get a pasty consistency.
- Be careful to not use too much turmeric, though, since this will leave you with a yellow face instead of what you’re aiming for.
- Massage the paste into your skin and wait for it to dry off.
- Afterwards, wash off with cold water, making sure to get everything off.
Sugar serves as the best natural exfoliant. Not only is it the perfect balance of rough and easy on the skin, but it can also help greatly with circulation. When you combine it with other home remedies for clear skin that aim to help with other specific things, you can create for yourself a killer scrub with lots of combos.
- Combine some sugar with a bit of lemon juice and a few drops of olive oil.
- Stir everything until you get a paste and then gently rub it against your face.
- Keep on for a few minutes and then rinse off thoroughly with cool water.
Bananas are great natural moisturizers and they can really help you rejuvenate your skin and get rid of most common and unpleasant issues. For example, dryness and dark spots. For their nourishing properties, they make fantastic home remedies for clear skin.
- First, acquire a ripe banana. The fact that it should be ripe is very important since it won’t stick to your face otherwise.
- Mash it using a fork and then add 1-2 tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil to get everything to blend together.
- Slather on face and then leave it on for approximately 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse thoroughly using cool water.
14. Rose Water
Rose water is a natural astringent which lowers the pH of the skin and brings balance to it, especially as far as dark spots and blemishes are concerned. It’s a handy and effective way of cleansing your skin and making it young and silky at touch.
- Place a bottle of rose water in the fridge for 30 minutes before using it.
- When it’s cool enough, apply all over your face and neck using a cotton ball.
- Let it air dry and then moisturize as per usual.
- You should follow through with this routine at least twice a day.
Getting clear skin is no easy feat. After all, there are just so many obstacles that you have to fend off to get to the effect that you desire. Luckily, with home remedies for clear skin just like the ones we’ve enlisted previously, this deed is closer and more affordable than ever. All you need is to locate your main issues and to then identify what product is the one to help you fight against them.