Detoxification is a process that we should all undergo at some point. As the name suggests, it’s all about ridding your body of dangerous toxins and agents that do no good to your health. A detox session can have incredible effects both on the body and on the mind and the foundation of an efficient process will always be your dietary choices. That being said, you will find below a number of home remedies for detox that you can rely on in order to get some proper results.
1. Green Smoothies
Green smoothies are, generally speaking, the biggest ally in this challenging task. Leafy greens and green fruits are powerhouses when it comes to ridding your body of toxins and malevolent agents.
- Put one cup of kale, one green apple, one ripe banana, and one-half cup of fresh parsley leaves in a blender.
- And about two and one-quarter or two and one-half cups of water to the blender and then incorporate everything together.
- Make one daily cup your starter dosage.
- Afterwards, increase the quantity to 3-4 cups every day within the next 3 weeks.
Garlic is one of nature’s biggest antioxidants, meaning that it can destroy toxins pretty much like no other. Seeing how it’s antiseptic as well, it can even get rid of potential lurking bacteria.
- Grind a few garlic gloves and then add them to a pot of water.
- Place the pot over the stove and leave it to boil for a few minutes.
- Then, remove from heat and strain.
- Drink the mixture while at room temperature three times a day.
3. Green Tea
Many consider green tea to be the best of all home remedies for detox you could try out. It’s soothing, calming, incredibly healthy, and it basically shuns away toxins with every sip you take.
- In a cup, pour hot water over 2 teaspoons of dried green tea leaves.
- Steep for 10 minutes while covered.
- Lastly, uncover and sweeten with honey to taste.
- Enjoy 2-3 cups throughout the day until you get the results you’re looking for.
Lemon juice is a powerful antioxidant that can truly bring a difference in the overall state of your being. It boosts the immune system, which in turn will get rid of toxins much faster.
- Combine the juice from one lemon with a cup filled with warm water.
- Do this on a daily basis, first thing in the morning, until you experience noticeable improvements.
- Alternatively, combine one-half cup of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey, and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a cup of hot water. Drink this daily for a few days or weeks.
5. Epsom Salt
Espom salt contains numerous nutrients and minerals that are excellent for the cleansing of the body. Taking regular baths in Epsom salt will contribute to the flushing of toxins plaguing your organism.
- Fill your tub with hot water.
- Then, add 2 cups of Epsom salt and stir thoroughly until the salt dissolves completely.
- Soak entirely in this bath for around 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process 3 times a week for persistent pain.
6. Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is a classic Ayurveda treatment which people have been using to treat a number of afflictions throughout history, ranging from headaches, joint pain, and constipation among others.
- Swish 1 tablespoon of sesame oil or sunflower oil in your mouth, like you would with a mouthwash, for 15 to 20 minutes, until the oil thins and acquires a foamy texture.
- Next, spit it out and then rinse your mouth with water.
- Repeat this process daily for the next 15 to 30 days for satisfying results.
7. Dandelion Root
Dandelion is a plant with many great health benefits, including abilities to detox the body. It’s soothing and calming and great for boosting your body’s diuretic activities in order to flush out toxins and damaging agents.
- To prepare some fresh dandelion tea, start by steeping 3 teaspoons of dandelion root powder in 1 cup of boiling water for up to 10 minutes.
- Afterwards, strain and add honey according to taste to combat the bitterness of dandelion.
- Enjoy 2 cups a day for the effects to kick in.
8. Licorice Root
Licorice has a number of great uses, having been constantly used for its anti-inflammatory properties, as well as for the benefits on our stomachs. But it’s also one of the best home remedies for detox, being able to get your body to flush out toxins in no time.
- Crush some licorice root and then combine one teaspoon of licorice root and one teaspoon of ground ginger.
- To a pot, add 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Next, add in the blend of licorice and ginger.
- Let it simmer for five to 10 minutes.
- Finally, strain the solution and add in one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Drink this once daily for the duration of the detox process.
While turmeric is mostly known as a great anti-inflammatory agent, it also helps those seeking to undergo a thorough detox process. Curcumin, the primary agent in it, also acts as a toxin absorber, prompting your body to then get rid of these harmful compounds as soon as possible.
- Boil 1 1/2 tablespoons of water for a few seconds.
- Next, add in 3/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, as well as 2 tablespoons of cooked and mashed eggplant.
- Mix everything into a paste that you can easily spread on a loaf of bread.
- Have this mixture every morning after breakfast.
10. Herbal Mix
The main ingredient of this herbal mix is stinging nettle. By stimulating the circulation of lymph through your body, stinging nettle is among the most reliable home remedies for detox. Proper circulation is a highly important step in any detox process, which is why you should definitely consider using this remedy whenever you’re in need of help. Moreover, it’s also highly nourishing, containing a large number of vitamins such as A, B complex, C, and D. The other herbs can enhance stinging nettles beneficial properties.
- To a large soup pot, add 1 teaspoon yellow dock root, 1 teaspoon stinging nettle, 1 teaspoon peony root, 1 teaspoon Dang Gui, 1 teaspoon red clover, and 5-6 cups of water.
- Bring it all to a boil, reduce heat, and then let the mix simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Cover with a lid, checking back to stir once every few minutes.
- Remove from heat and then add 2-3 tablespoons of molasses.
- Have this mixture daily.
11. Citrus & Blueberries
Both citrus and blueberries contain a lot of vitamin C, an important compound that stimulates diuretic activities and boosts your immune system. With a properly functioning immune system, you will be able to deter germs and bacteria much easier. Vitamin C also helps the activity of the liver, helping it eliminate toxins faster.
- Prepare an excellent smoothie using various citrus fruits and blueberries. Start by gathering 1 cup of blueberries, which you should then thoroughly wash.
- Grab 1 lemon, 1 orange, and 1 grapefruit.
- Next, peel them and then throw in a blender with the blueberries and about 1/2 cup of water.
- Let the compressor blend everything thoroughly and then consume one glass of this mixture once a day for the duration of your detox process.
Ginger is one of the best home remedies for detox that will help you gradually flush out toxins from your blood through its ability to boost these functions.
- Add some fresh ginger slices to 1 cup of boiling water.
- Next, let this mixture steep for 5 minutes.
- When it’s done, add in a little bit of honey according to taste.
- Drink 2-3 cups of this tea while it’s still warm and keep at it for a few months at least.
13. Milk Thistle
If you’re looking for potent home remedies for detox, give milk thistle a shot. It improves lymph circulation and liver activity.
- Take 1 tablespoon of milk thistle seeds and then grind them to a fine powder using either a mortar or a coffee grinder.
- Combine the crushed seeds with 3 cups of water in a pan and then bring to heat.
- Let this blend boil for a few minutes.
- Afterwards, turn off heat and let it all steep for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, strain the tea and drink it while it’s still warm.
- Enjoy 2-3 cups of milk thistle tea for 1 week in order to start noticing changes in your current state.
14. Castor Oil
Castor oil is highly antiseptic, so it will get rid of lingering germs and bacteria while stimulating circulation in your body.
- Acquire some cold-pressed castor oil and then pour a little bit in your palm.
- Gently rub into the sensitive area in circular motions for about 5 minutes.
- Next, cover with a warm compress and wait for another 5-10 minutes.
- Lastly, remove and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 1-2 times a day for a week.
Basil is one excellent herbal treatment, having fantastic circulation-boosting properties that will help you with your detox process. You can easily integrate it in your meals or use the recipe below.
- To a pan, add 3 cups of water and then bring to heat, boiling for a few seconds.
- When the water starts boiling, add 2 tablespoons of basil leaves and cinnamon powder.
- Next, reduce heat and let the infusion simmer for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, strain and enjoy the tea while it’s still warm.
- Drink this solution daily for 1 week.
Celery is one of the best diuretics around, as well as one of the most reliable home remedies for detox. By boosting diuretic activity, celery will help your body flush out toxins in no time.
- Whip out a delicious celery juice by acquiring three carrots and two celery stalks.
- Chop the veggies into smaller pieces for proper processing.
- Next, add to juicer or blender. If you’re using a blender, pour over 1 cup of water.
- Serve the resulting juice right away to get the benefits while they’re still fresh.
With all of these home remedies for detox, it’s definitely easy to start a thorough and effective process that will truly cleanse your body of all the negative compounds lurking through it. Sit and write down your plan and then make sure to stock up on all of the solutions we’ve just recommended.