Dizziness is a condition that has many different causes and can feel a bit different for everyone. Sometimes, dizziness can be caused by simply standing up too quickly. In that case, it generally goes away as quickly as it came on and doesn’t generally reoccur unless you stand up too quickly again. Other times, however, dizziness may be a symptom of something slightly more severe and may need more direct attention to correct the problem. Here are 12 home remedies for dizziness for a range of different causes.
Try our home remedies for dizziness and feel better again
- 2 lbs. Fresh Ginger Root
- Fresh ginger is a staple in my kitchen. It is an extremely versatile ingredient.
- Ginger can be sliced into planks or matchsticks, chopped, grated, puréed, and minced,
One of the common causes of dizziness is low blood pressure or poor blood circulation. Ginger is an effective treatment against dizziness since it helps improve blood circulation through a combination of minerals like chromium, magnesium, and zinc as well as critical amino acids like histidine, isoleucine, and methionine. This also works great as a home remedy for nausea.
- Slice a few thin slices of ginger and place in a mug.
- Bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Pour water over ginger and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1-2 teaspoons of sugar or honey to taste.
- Repeat 2-3 times daily.
2. Lemon Juice
- One Dozen (12) Delicious and Sweet Sun Drenched Lemons.
- The Best Nature has to offer! Great for eating! Great for juicing. Decorative container not included.
- For more quantities, prices, and options please go to our Amazon Store listed below.
Dizziness can sometimes be caused by an imbalance of glucose in your bloodstream. Diabetics will constantly struggle to keep their glucose levels in check, as will people with either hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia. However, even if you don’t have a long-term medical condition glucose imbalances can be caused by simply eating too much sugar or going too long without eating. Lemon is one of the great home remedies for dizziness because it helps to balance blood sugar levels, regardless of whether they are too high or too low, that is why it works for helping with low blood pressure as well.
- Squeeze one-half lemon into a glass of water or one cup of hot water.
- Drop in some ice for a cold beverage or let cool if hot.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of honey if you want it sweeter, but the sugars in the honey will make it harder to balance your blood sugars.
- Drink the lemon water.
- Repeat if you continue to feel dizzy or faint.
3. Almonds and Pumpkin Seeds
|Blue Diamond Almonds, Raw Whole Natural, 25 Ounce||Check Price|
|David's Pumpkin Seeds, 2.2500-ounces (Pack of12)||Check Price|
In some cases simply snacking is one of the best home remedies for dizziness because it helps keep your blood sugar in check. However, choosing the right snack is of utmost importance because some snacks can simply increase your likelihood of experiencing dizziness. Almonds are an excellent snack because they are high in fiber, protein, magnesium, Vitamins E, and B, macronutrients, and micronutrients, as well as fatty acids, proteins, and amino acids. Pumpkin seeds also help to stabilize insulin levels, which in turn can help stabilize blood sugar.
- Soak one dozen almonds and a few pumpkin seeds overnight in water.
- Make a smooth paste from the mix the next day.
- Add a few cloves to the mixture.
- Boil the mixture with milk.
- Add a teaspoon of honey for sweetness and/ or cinnamon.
- Drink this mixture while still warm.
- Repeat 2-3 times daily as needed.
4. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry is another one of our best home remedies for dizziness list because it helps combat a number of potential causes. First, it is rich in Vitamin C, which helps encourage your body to retain fluids which help with dehydration. It is also a good source of Vitamin A, which can help boost immunity and blood circulation, which is another leading cause of dizziness. Moreover, Indian Gooseberry, or Amla, can also be successfully used as a home remedy for shortness of breath.
- Amlamrut Fat Free Delicious Amla/ Indian Gooseberry Ladu
- Sale For - 1 Pack | Weight - 200 gm
- Brand - Amlamrut | Certified By - FPO
- We offer different weight options for sale. You can select your desired Weight option from the given options
- To see more variety of gooseberries please click on "Amlamrut" under the title.
- De-seed 2 Indian Gooseberries.
- Using a mortar and pestle grind them into a fine paste.
- Pour in a cup of warm water.
- Add 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds.
- Let stand overnight.
- Strain liquid and drink on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
- Repeat daily until symptoms vanish.
5. Breathing Exercises
Sometimes, dizziness is caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain. This can occur for a number of reasons, including hyperventilation. Hyperventilation occurs when you are panicked or highly agitated about something, but sometimes, dizziness is simply the result of a lack of sufficient oxygen. Deep breathing can help restore oxygen levels, which in turn may alleviate the dizziness.
- Breathe in deeply, filling your chest with air, while counting slowly to 5.
- Hold breathe while counting slowly to 15 – this allows your body to absorb the oxygen and exchange it for carbon dioxide.
- Exhale slowly but forcefully pushing out all of the air that you can.
- Repeat 3-5 times.
6. Cayenne Pepper
- Pure Ground Red (Cayenne) Pepper
- Delivers a consistent level of heat to any dish
- Premium quality for superior flavor
- Fresh flavor guarantee
- Use in soups, stews, dips and spreads
The active ingredient in cayenne pepper that makes it one of the best home remedies for dizziness is capsaicin. Capsaicin actually has a number of beneficial health properties. Among them is the ability to help improve blood flow to the brain and inner ear, which can help reduce dizziness.
- Bring one cup of water almost to a boil and remove from heat.
- Place one teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper into a mug.
- Pour water over the ground pepper and stir until it has fully dissolved into the water.
- Sweeten with honey and squeeze in some lemon if desired.
- Cover the cup with a small plate or saucer and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drink completely.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day or until dizziness subsides.
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market
- USDA organic
- Low fat
Many times, dizziness can be a sign of anemia. Anemia is an iron deficiency, which affects your hemoglobin levels. Meat, fish, and seafood are the most iron-rich foods, but seafood can contain mercury and vegetarians can have a difficult time getting enough iron. Lentils, on the other hand, are rich in iron, easy to prepare and are great for both meat eaters and vegetarians. If you usually suffer from anemia, you might find helpful our list of home remedies for anemia as well.
- Rinse 1 pound of lentils in a colander or sieve and drain.
- Combine lentils with 5 cups of water in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain any excess liquid after cooking, and season as desired.
8. Water Infused With Fruit Juice
Dehydration can cause dizziness thanks to an imbalance of electrolytes. Since electrolytes are a blend of minerals, simply drinking water may not always be enough to restore your electrolyte balance and cure your dizziness. We recommend combining water with different types of fruit juices for a great dizziness home remedy to help restore electrolyte balance in your system.
- Combine 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice and 2 cups of filtered water.
- Stir, shake or blend together.
- Stir in 2-14 tablespoons of raw honey and 1/8 teaspoon of refined salt to taste.
- Pour over ice.
- Drink slowly to give your body a chance to absorb all the nutrients.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Serving Size - 1 tablespoon
- Does Not Contain: Preservatives.
Like lemons, apple cider vinegar is another great home remedy for dizziness because it can help stabilize blood sugar levels. In addition, apple cider vinegar can also help lower blood pressure. Just like low blood pressure, high blood pressure can also cause fainting and dizziness. Apple cider vinegar is also widely used when needing help with cases of vertigo.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a large glass of cold water or cup of hot water.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of honey to taste.
- Drink entire glass.
- Repeat 3 times a day.
10. Chamomile Tea
- Contains 1 box of 16 tea bags
- Select Egyptian chamomile flowers with deep body and elegant sweetness.
- Certified Organic. Non-GMO Project Verified. Gluten Free. Kosher. Made in the USA.
- 100% biodegradable. 100% recycled, 65% post-consumer content box. Unbleached, natural fiber, staple-free tea bag.
- Caffeine Free
Mental tension can also be a cause of dizziness. Chamomile is an herb that is used for a wide range of medical conditions but is also a mild sedative. If your dizziness is related to anxiety or tension, a cup of chamomile tea is one of the best home remedies for dizziness.
- Bring one cup of water almost to a boil.
- Pour over a chamomile tea bag.
- Let steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Sweeten with honey if desired.
- Drink when cooled enough.
- Repeat 3-5 times a day as needed.
Yogurt is packed with essential B Vitamins, which help enhance blood flow to the brain. One huge benefit of B Vitamins is that they are small enough to pass through the blood-brain barrier, which is why they play a significant role in brain function and health. Not only can they help improve brain function, but can also help restore brain equilibrium, which can help cure dizziness. In fact, difficulty maintaining balance is a symptom of a B Vitamin deficiency.
- Spoon one cup of plain yogurt into a bowl.
- Add strawberries, which are rich in Vitamin C.
- Eat one cup of yogurt 2-3 times a day.
Since dizziness can have a wide variety of causes, some of the best home remedies for dizziness will fight a number of potential causes of dizziness. Basil is an anti-inflammatory and stress reducer that can help prevent tension-related dizziness. In addition, it also helps to stabilize blood sugars, which can combat dizziness related to glucose imbalance. It also contains a number of antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, which can fight off infection and alleviate dizziness related to infections, such as a sinus infection.
- Boil one cup of water.
- Drop 2 basil leaves into a cup.
- Pour boiling water over leaves.
- Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Drink slowly.
- Repeat 1-2 times per day as needed.
Because dizziness can have so many different causes and happen sporadically, it can often be difficult even for medical professionals to diagnose the underlying cause. This is one reason why home remedies can often be so effective. You can try one of the remedies we recommend and if it doesn’t work, move on to another until you find one that actually works. Feel free to share some of your favorite home remedies for dizziness below.