While the endometrium is supposed to grow inside of the uterus, there are instances in which it develops on the outer side of the uterine cavity instead. This condition is known as endometriosis and it’s quite the handful to any woman unfortunate enough to experience it. All of its symptoms involve some sort of pain, whether it’s pelvic, rectal, abdominal, or the already-famous cramps. Given the symptoms, what you need to deal with it are some home remedies for endometriosis that will help you with the sores and aches of this affliction. We definitely recommend consulting a doctor beforehand since there are ways through which it can easily become an even more serious issue. But if you are good to go without further medication, all you need is to follow the instructions you will find next to our suggestions.
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil is one of the first home remedies for endometriosis that you should consider. It’s an amazing treatment which has a number of benefits to help you face this condition. One of the main ones is the property to help your body flush out excess tissue and toxins.
- Soak a piece of flannel in some castor oil and then place it over your lower abdomen.
- Secure in place with a plastic sheet.
- Then, place a heating pad or a bottle filled with hot water on top of the sheet.
- Cover everything else up with an old towel.
- Allow these items to sit for 1 hour and then remove.
- In order to feel the benefits of this treatment, repeat 2-3 times a week for the next month.
Chamomile does one thing almost better than anything else: provide some relaxation when you need it most. Whether you use it internally or externally, chamomile is able to get your muscles and tissue to relax when the spasms of endometriosis are taking over.
- Bring about 1 cup of water to a boil and then transfer to a cup.
- Add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile to the water and then cover.
- Let it all steep for 5 minutes.
- Drink 2-3 cups of the tea every day until you get satisfying results.
3. Dandelion Root Tea
Similarly to chamomile, dandelion is a purifying plant that has natural sedative properties. It will numb out discomfort and get your body to relax, even when faced with the symptoms of endometriosis.
- Add 3 tablespoons of dried dandelion to 1 1/2 cup of water and bring everything to a boil.
- Afterwards, reduce heat and let this mixture simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take off heat, cover, and steep for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve this tea 3 times a day for the next 3 months in order to get the results that you’re expecting.
Turmeric is quite famously one of the best home remedies for endometriosis and all other kinds of inflammations. This is thanks to curcumin, the main compound found in it that ensures it’s able to fight the pain and bring relief to your tissues.
- Add 1 tablespoon of turmeric to a glass of milk and stir together well so that everything incorporates properly.
- Heat up over stove or in microwave for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and then stir in a little bit of honey, just enough to make it taste good enough for you.
- Wait for the drink to cool down.
- Finally, drink this combination twice a day until you no longer experience back spasms.
Ginger is a very old treatment and, so far, it hasn’t really failed those that have sought out its benefits. You only need to grab some ginger and to turn it either into a tea or a paste, as you will see in the recipe below.
- Boil 1 cup of water and then add in 1 piece of fresh ginger.
- Reduce heat and let everything simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Next, remove completely from heat and steep for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add a bit of honey to taste and then sip on the tea while it’s still warm.
- Repeat every day for the next few months or so until you are satisfied with the results that you’re getting.
6. Epsom Salt
Your body could really do with a bit more magnesium when endometriosis is really starting to bother you. It’s a fantastic way of bringing relief and relaxation to tensed muscles and the pains of this disease. Aside from being a great muscle relaxer, Epsom salt ends up making one of the best home remedies for endometriosis as well.
- In a small bowl of water, enough to fit in your feet, add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt and then thoroughly mix to dissolve the salt.
- Soak your feet inside for twenty five minutes to permit the salts to penetrate your skin and relieve swelling.
- Repeat 2-3 times per week.
Containing bromelain, a compound that boosts circulation to facilitate healing in times of inflammations, pineapple is definitely among the most reliable home remedies for endometriosis. It’s as good as it is efficient, so it’s a definite rec from us!
- Peel and cleanse a pineapple and then cut in small pieces.
- Add the pieces to a blender and puree for a few moments.
- Squeeze the resulting paste in order to draw out the liquid.
- Lastly, mix the pineapple juice with water and consume 2-3 glasses throughout the next few days.
Honey is great for your skin, it’s great for your hair, and it’s grain for the pains of endometriosis and other forms of tissue inflammations. It will prevent the generation of endometriosis cells which feed into this condition and make it worse.
- To 1 cup of water, add 1-2 teaspoons of raw, organic honey and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Mix everything thoroughly and then drink this solution.
- Consume the mixture twice a day for 1 week.
Cinnamon is a fantastic anti-inflammatory agent. Its properties in this regard are only outmatched by the wonderful flavor it provides in the kitchen.
- Bring 1 cup of water to heat and then bring to a boil.
- While the water is boiling still, add in 1 cinnamon stick or 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder.
- Cover and boil for 2-3 minutes and then let it all steep for an additional 10 minutes.
- Uncover and strain, if needed, and then enjoy this tea while it’s still warm.
- Drink daily in order to reap the benefits of cinnamon on your health.
10. Evening Primrose
Another of the plenty excellent home remedies for endometriosis available is evening primrose. Evening primrose is a plant with natural sedative properties, excellent for anyone struggling with pains and sores of all kinds. It will bring relief upon regular use and it cause the gradual submerging of the symptoms.
- Boil some water and then pour into a cup over 2 teaspoons of the dried herb.
- Cover the cup with a lid and then let everything steep for 5 minutes.
- Next, remove the cover, strain the drink, and then sip on it it while it’s still warm.
- Repeat daily, enjoying about 2-3 cups of tea.
Raspberries and raspberry leaves are some of the best home remedies for endometriosis because of how they facilitate tissue regeneration. But, wait, while they do that, they won’t let the endometrium generate more of those pesky cells.
- Grab a handful of raspberry leaves and then toss them in a pot of water.
- Place over heat and then bring to a boil.
- Next, cover the pot and let everything steep for a few minutes.
- Strain and allow for the solution to cool down to room temperature.
- Drink then, enjoying about 2-3 cups throughout the day or the next weeks.
12. White Willow
White willow bark is certainly a treatment that you should consider. It’s a reliable source of relief when you are looking for something to help soothe the pains of this insufferable condition and some efficient home remedies for endometriosis.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add 1/2 teaspoon of dried white willow bark.
- Cover and then let everything steep for 15 minutes.
- Lastly, strain the drink and consume it.
- Have this tea 2 times a day until you get to the results that satisfy you.
Valerian has a number of applications thanks to its sedative properties. Many use it to deal with heart issues due to its ability to slow down heart rate. But it works extremely well as a soother to the pains of endometriosis as well, so you should definitely give it a shot!
- Boil half a teaspoon of valerian root in 250 ml of water.
- Afterwards, take off heat and let it steep overnight.
- Next, filter and then add some honey according to your personal taste.
- Lastly, drink this mixture once a day for the next few days for obvious improvements.
14. Black Cohosh
Black cohosh is a substance which also helps regulate hormonal levels in your body, which can contribute to the worsening of the situation. You can find it relatively easily and then turn it into a treatment following the method below.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water over a recipient containing dried black cohosh.
- Cover with a lid and then let this infusion steep for 10 minutes.
- Next, remove the lid and then enjoy this tea throughout the day.
15. Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is a wonderful plant with great medical properties. You can turn it into a soothing tea that can target the inflammations and pains stirred in your body, providing relief where you really need it.
- Take 1 tablespoon of milk thistle seeds and then grind them to a fine powder using either a mortar or a coffee grinder.
- Combine the crushed seeds with 3 cups of water in a pan and then bring to heat.
- Let this blend boil for a few minutes.
- Afterwards, turn off heat and let it all steep for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, strain the tea and drink it while it’s still warm.
- Enjoy 2-3 cups of milk thistle tea for 1 week in order to start noticing changes in your current state.
In the end, endometriosis is a condition which you can’t really cure completely, but you can learn to live with it, as made possible by the wonderful actions of all the home remedies for endometriosis we have just enlisted.