Fibroids are muscular tumors that develop on the uterus. They’re not of cancerous nature and they can affect pretty much anyone at any age or any point in their lives. However, 80% of women over the age of 50 develop fibroids. Being highly common also means that they generally display no symptoms and they can come and go without you even noticing. However, there are some instances in which the fibroids can hinder with menstruation or your hormonal system, resulting in symptoms such as bloating or general abdominal discomfort. Below, you will find the best home remedies for fibroids that you can use in order to deal with the possible symptoms of this condition.
Even if they’re not necessarily dangerous, they may still develop into a more serious situation, so it’s best to get rid of them as soon as you find out about their existence.
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil is fantastic for people that are trying to deal with fibroids. It has the ability to remove disease-causing toxins from the body by stimulation the flow of your circulatory and lymphatic systems. Although the exact causes of fibroids are still relatively unknown, some believe that toxin accumulation might be one of the biggest factors. Thus, by getting this particular issue out of the way, you’ll be able to tear the issue out by its root.
- Soak a piece of flannel in some castor oil and then place it over your lower abdomen.
- Secure in place with a plastic sheet.
- Then, place a heating pad or a bottle filled with hot water on top of the sheet.
- Cover everything else up with an old towel.
- Allow these items to sit for 1 hour and then remove.
- In order to feel the benefits of this treatment, repeat 2-3 times a week for the next month.
Another possible cause for this condition might be poor functioning of the kidneys or that of the liver, which can lead to toxins and excess hormones being retained by your body instead of properly eliminated. With that in mind, dandelion might be among the home remedies for fibroids that can help you deal with this condition by tackling down this particular issue. Dandelion is a natural diuretic that will speed up the fluid flushing process of your body.
- Add 3 tablespoons of dried dandelion to 1 1/2 cup of water and bring everything to a boil.
- Afterwards, reduce heat and let this mixture simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take off heat, cover, and steep for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve this tea 3 times a day for the next 3 months in order to get the results that you’re expecting.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, an excellent compound for helping fight fibroids and some of its symptoms. For starters, it can help with the feeling of discomfort in the abdomen, one of the most common signs that there are fibroids in your organism. Furthermore, lemon juice is an excellent diuretic and it works well for flushing toxins out of your body.
- To a glass of water, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Thorough mix this solution and then drink it in order to get the results that you desire.
- Have this mixture about 2-3 times a day.
Ginger is one of nature’s biggest anti-inflammatory products and, as a result, it’s a treatment that can help people who fibroid situation has resulted in swellings and pain. Aside from that, ginger is also an excellent cleanser and it will remove toxin buildup that might be causing the apparition of the little tumors to begin with.
- Place a pot filled with water on the stove and then bring to a boil.
- Drop in a piece of ginger, reduce the heat, and let the mix simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, steep for an additional 5 minutes and strain.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of honey as well if you desire.
- Have 2-3 cups of this tea throughout the day to bring immediate relief to inflammations and turn this into a habit for the next 2-3 months to treat the fibroids completely.
5. Olive Oil
Here we are again, with yet another possible cause for fibroids: excessive estrogen production. Or, in some people’s cases, estrogen production in general. Olive oil makes one of the best home remedies for fibroids because of its ability to inhibit estrogen production and, thus, to facilitate the disappearance of the fibroids.
- In the morning, on an empty stomach, digest 1 tablespoon of olive oil combined with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Alternatively, you can brew some olive leaf oil. Drop a handful of leaves in a pot of boiling water, steep for 10 minutes, strain, and then enjoy 2-3 cups throughout the day.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a highly acidic substance that’s going to provide you with the comfort that you need. Absorbing toxins from your organism, it’s going to inhibit the further growth of fibroids, letting them slowly die out. This ability cements ACV as one of the most reliable home remedies for fibroids, so you should definitely consider it.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a little bit of honey.
- Next, stir into a cup of water to incorporate everything thoroughly.
- Drink this mixture 3 times a day for the next 2-3 weeks.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a plant with plenty of excellent properties, including some that make it one of the best home remedies for fibroids. It can cleanse your body and give a boost to its regenerative properties. Consume a bit of aloe vera juice every day to promote the disappearance of fibroids.
- Acquire about 3-4 aloe vera leaves and then cut them in the middle.
- Peel the leaves off and extract the gel, adding it to a juicer or to a blender with a little bit of water.
- Process thoroughly until you get aloe vera juice.
- Drink 1 glass of this juice one a daily basis for you to get the results that you desire.
Beetroot contains a compound called betacyanin, which boosts the functions of the liver and makes it work more effectively. By doing so, your body will be able to eject more excess fluids and toxins, both of which are factors that will contribute to the recovery of your body.
- Create a mixture by combining 1/2 cup of freshly-extracted beetroot juice with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice and blackstrap molasses.
- Stir everything together really well and then serve a glass of this mixture before breakfast.
- Repeat the remedy on a daily basis to get to the results that you desire.
Cinnamon is an excellent substance for dealing with a condition such as this one. We consider it one of the best home remedies for fibroids because it’s able to improve circulation, thus allowing your body to deal with fibroid-causing toxins much faster. Proper circulation is an important first step toward recovery.
- Bring 1 cup of water to heat and then bring to a boil.
- While the water is boiling still, add in 1 cinnamon stick or 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder.
- Cover and boil for 2-3 minutes and then let it all steep for an additional 10 minutes.
- Uncover and strain, if needed, and then enjoy this tea while it’s still warm.
- Drink daily in order to reap the benefits of cinnamon on your health.
10. Licorice Root
One of the biggest factors that influence the apparition and growth of fibroids is excessive estrogen production. If you deal with this particular issue, you can keep the condition under control. Licorice is an excellent natural treatment to inhibit excessive estrogen production, so it’s certainly a product to give a shot to.
- Pour 150 ml of milk or water in a pan and then bring to heat.
- Let it boil for a few seconds and then add 1 teaspoon of licorice root.
- Reduce the heat and let it all simmer and brew for 5 minutes.
- Finally, filter this solution in a cup and enjoy while the tea is still warm.
Since fibroids are, more or less, inflammations developed on the uterus, opting for strong anti-inflammatory agent is the way to go. Chamomile is one of nature’s greatest anti-inflammatory products and, thus, one of the most reliable home remedies for fibroids.
- Bring about 1 cup of water to a boil and then transfer to a cup.
- Add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile to the water and then cover.
- Let it all steep for 5 minutes.
- Drink 2-3 cups of the tea every day until you get satisfying results.
Last but not least, we recommend drinking some nettle tea. While it won’t exactly help cure the fibroids themselves, it’s going to be incredibly useful in dealing with major symptoms of this condition. Nettle can help regulate otherwise irregular menstruations and combat infertility in women, a sad possible side effect of this affliction.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of dried nettle leaves to a cup of hot water.
- Let this mixture steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, strain and drink the tea 3 times a day for the effects to start kicking in.
While fibroids tend to not degenerate in anything particularly threatening, they can still cause a lot of discomfort. Aside from the possibility of experiencing abdominal pain, they can cause irregular menstruation and even fertility problems. That being said, it’s best that you turn to one of the home remedies for fibroids we’ve just recommended to mend this issue as soon as possible.