Frequent urination is precisely what the name suggests it is. It’s a condition which affects millions of people from all around the world on a yearly basis, without really taking in account variables such as age, sex, or other possible health issues. Generally speaking, the normal urination frequency should be between 4-6 times a day. Anything that exceeds that, especially by a large margin, is a medical issue and you should look into doing something about it. As it happens, this something comes in the shape of the home remedies for frequent urination that you are going to discover below.
We have taken only natural and easily affordable foods, plants, and other solutions that can provide you with the help you need at a relatively small cost without fear of synthetic side effects. Moreover, you will also find informative guides on all of them which will explain in detail what you need to do to prepare these treatments yourself.
Fenugreek seeds are natural diuretics and excellent home remedies for frequent urination. They will help regulate and stabilize the urinary processes of your body, ensuring that you will gradually return to a much more normal and appropriate frequency.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds to a cup of water and let them sit for about 2-3 hours so that they can soak into the water and absorb it.
- Afterwards, take out the seeds and start grinding them until you get a paste.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of honey and consume this paste in the morning.
- Repeat daily for the next few weeks.
Need some tasty and efficient home remedies for frequent urination? It’s well known that spinach is a powerhouse of nutrients that can aid you with so many health issues. One of the many other wonderful things about it is that it can help you with your irregular urination. It has the ability to lessen the flow of excess urine which keeps waking you up in the middle of the night to do its bidding.
- Prepare a quick and easy spinach soup and start by acquiring 1 cup of blanched spinach.
- Next, add a little bit of water and puree it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a heated pan and then sauté around 2 cloves of chopped garlic and around 1/4 of an onion.
- When the garlic and onion have turned brown, add the spinach in the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes while constantly stirring.
- Eat this meal regularly throughout the week for at least 1 month.
Sesame seeds are natural antioxidants packed with many nutrients and health benefits. The antioxidant properties are what truly make sesame seeds among the best home remedies for frequent urination. And this is because certain toxins can be the cause for the condition.
- Take 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds and then soak them in a bowl of water for 2-3 hours.
- Next, strain and then grind the seeds to create a paste.
- Add 1 tablespoons of honey to create a more flavorful mixture.
- Lastly, consume this mixture every day to start seeing the results you desire.
For those struggling with frequent urination because of some sort of infection, consider some cranberry juice. Cranberries have antibacterial properties that can help you get rid of the bacteria causing any possible infections in your body. More than that, the vitamin C in them will also ensure that your immune system is prepared enough to fight the infection.
- In a container, combine 1 part of cranberry juice with 1 part of water.
- First thing in a morning, have one cup of this mixture and then keep having 2-3 more throughout the day.
- Repeat this daily for several weeks to start noticing visible improvements.
5. St. John’s Wort
St. John’s wort is a herb whose main recognitions are for how well it can help people struggling with depression and plummeting moods. However, that definitely doesn’t limit its abilities. It’s also one of the home remedies for frequent urination that you can rely on when you are looking for something to tame your habits.
- Pour boiling water in a cup over roughly 2 tablespoons of St. John’s Wort.
- Cover up with a lid and then let the mixture steep for about 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, strain the tea and then add honey to taste.
- Drink this substance 2-3 times throughout a day to get desirable results.
Pumpkin can help you when you are visiting your bathroom a little bit too often. You can use pumpkin in plenty of ways to reap its benefits, starting with the actual fruit and going all the way to pumpkin seed extracts. They will help drain excess urine and, thus, rid you of the mass that your body needs to flush out, precisely what great home remedies for frequent urination do.
- Add some milk to a pot and then heat it up over medium heat.
- Once it is about to boil, remove from heat and add black tea to steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea leaves and bring milk back on medium heat.
- Mix in pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves one by one making sure all ingredients are blended well together.
- Enjoy while still warm several times throughout the day.
Pomegranate is a delicious fruit, but is also one of the most reliable home remedies for frequent urination for sure. You can easily prepare remedies using this fruit that will turn out to be of great help to those that are in need of fast solutions.
- Make a salad of roasted squash or carrots on a bed of arugula, topped with crumbled goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, and a mustard vinaigrette.
8. White Vinegar
Next up in our list of excellent home remedies for frequent urination, we have white vinegar. White vinegar will help deal with that excess of liquid in your body as it’s also an amazing way of combating water retention. Moreover, vinegar has antiseptic properties which will destroy bacteria causing any potential infections.
- Fill one glass with warm water.
- Then, stir in 1 teaspoon of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of white vinegar.
- Stir this mixture very well and then drink it.
- You should sip on this drink on a daily basis if you want to see it actually working.
9. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a fantastic natural antioxidant. In fact, it’s one of the best antioxidants that nature has to offer, so you should definitely consider using it when struggling with irregular urinating. It will help you flush out toxins and banish bacteria through its antiseptic powers.
- Begin by boiling 1 liter of water.
- Next, add in 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Let everything dissolve in the water and then take small sips of this beverage throughout the day.
10. Indian Gooseberry
Also known as neem, Indian gooseberry has plenty of uses for your health, but one of the most interesting ones has to be its ability to regulate and restore to a certain normalcy the liquid levels in your body. Therefore, it will help your organism get rid of all the unnecessary urine that is causing you all these problems.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder to a glass of warm water and then stir everything thoroughly.
- Have a glass of this solution every morning on an empty stomach to deal with the symptoms of this affliction.
11. Aloe Vera Juice
Yes, aloe vera is excellent for inflammations and for infections, being able of providing a quick and easy form of relief to those struggling with this condition because of an infection. A glass of aloe vera juice will help regulate the frequency of the urinating and it will also get rid of bacteria in the process.
- Acquire about 3-4 aloe vera leaves and then cut them in the middle.
- Peel the leaves off and extract the gel, adding it to a juicer or to a blender with a little bit of water.
- Process thoroughly until you get aloe vera juice.
- Drink 1 glass of this juice one a daily basis for you to get the results that you desire.
12. Cumin Seeds
Cumin seeds are some of the home remedies for frequent urinating that we recommend to all men and women struggling with this issue. You can turn them into treatments using some simple recipes and they will be able to reduce liquid levels in your body in order to let you keep doing your daily activities without taking bathroom breaks all the time.
- Soak some cumin seeds in water overnight.
- Next thing in the morning, consume them on an empty stomach.
- Do this daily for the next 2-3 weeks.
Cinnamon is both an anti-inflammatory and an antiseptic agent, but it also has properties that make it capable of reducing liquid amounts in your body. With just a bit of cinnamon tea every day, you will be able to see an easy solution to this troublesome condition. It’s certainly one of the home remedies for frequent urination to keep an eye out for.
- In a pot of boiling water, add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 3 teaspoons of honey.
- Steep for 10 minutes and then strain.
- Drink throughout the day, preferably three times at least.
There are certain instances in which poor dietary choices can lead to the development of this condition. More specifically, diets low in fiber can be crucial factors to the apparition and development of irregular urinary habits. Bananas are rich in fiber, so using them to deal with this issue is both smart and effective.
- Prepare some health banana pancakes by mashing two bananas in a bowl and adding two eggs.
- Mix everything and then add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Next, pour in a heated pan and wait for the pancakes to be cooked.
- Top with fruits such as blueberries and raspberries.
It really is annoying having to drop all that you’re doing just for a potty break. Fortunately, this can become a matter of the past with some simple and efficient home remedies for frequent urinating just like the ones that you have read about above.