Frizzy hair doesn’t seem like a serious issue. And, by many means, it really isn’t. It’s not life-endangering or anything, but it can be a real pang in your side when you’re about to show up to a social event. Most people, if not all, aspire to have silky, shiny, and bouncy hair, not… well, whatever frizzy hair is. And from an aesthetic standpoint, it truly is a beauty hazard. The main cause of frizzy hair is lack of moisture. This is why you will notice that a good portion of the home remedies for frizzy hair you’re about to see aim to improve this particular aspect. Keep on reading to discover how to tame frizzy hair at home using natural products instead of chemical products for frizzy hair.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
We kick off our list of home remedies for frizzy hair with apple cider vinegar, the apparently universal cure to every problem in your life. Its high acidity makes it capable of taming even the wildest of hairs, so that you’ll end up having silky and smooth hair.
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 1 part water first. This is important in order to reduce the acidity of the vinegar. You don’t need that much of it.
- Then, all you need to do is to rinse your hair with this solution after you’ve already shampooed and cleaned.
- You can use this treatment once every 2-4 weeks.
Avocado is a treasure for people seeking the best methods to tame their frizzy hair. It contains many nutrients and vitamins, particularly vitamin E, which is an excellent ally for your hair at any times. But there’s also the high concentration of fats which make it a fantastic moisturizer. And, as we’ve said, moisture is very important for keeping the frizz at bay.
- Take 1 ripe avocado and mash it well, adding afterward a little bit of olive oil to ‘glue’ everything together.
- After you’ve shampooed your tresses, apply the mixture directly to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Afterward, rinse with cold water.
- You may use this combination once or twice a week for you to properly implement the beneficial effects.
At first glance, it might seem surprising that beer made the top of home remedies for frizzy hair. But, in reality, it really shouldn’t be like this. Beer contains a myriad of vitamins, nutrients, minerals, and other substances that make it a fantastic moisturizer for your hair in particular. Although most beers work, we recommend primarily working with dark beer to get the best possible results.
- Pour beer over your head while in the shower
- Let it sit for a few minutes.
- When the time is up, rinse with cold water. Cold water is much better for this problem because it helps close down follicles. This, in turn, ensures that your hair will be shiny and full of life.
Bananas are excellent moisturizers in general, but they work particularly well as home remedies for hair frizz and hair overall. These fruits are rich in vitamins, potassium beneficial carbohydrates, and other compounds that can truly add a newfound layer of shine to your mane.
- Take 1 ripe banana and then carefully mash it until there are no more lumps left.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Spread the mask all over your hair and scalp.
- Then, cover your head with a shower cap and wait around 30 minutes for the mask’s effects to kick in.
- When the time is up, remove the shower cap and rinse your hair with cold water.
- Finally, proceed to shampoo and condition as normal.
- Repeat this treatment once a week.
5. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk contains a lot of protein and it’s deeply moisturizing when you apply it to the hair. Above all, it’s also very easy to acquire and it’s a matter that eventually boils down to whatever method of procuring it is most accessible to you. You could drain the milk yourself from a coconut or you could acquire it from the store.
- Heat up two tablespoons of coconut milk, preferably on the stove for better control. Be careful not to have it turn hot instead of warm.
- While it’s still warm, spread the coconut milk through your hair
- Cover your head with a towel.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Next morning, wash your hair and shampoo as normally.Let your hair air dry.
Eggs are truly a combo to fear. They are frequent choices for people seeking the best and most effective home remedies for frizzy hair, as well as to treat their various hair-related issues. The yolks are excellent for adding moisture to the hair due to how rich in protein they are. On the other hand, the egg whites remove harmful bacteria from your scalp and absorb oils that your hair does not need.
- Crack one egg in a bowl and then beat it, adding in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply this mask directly to your hair and leave on for 30 minutes. You may use a shower cap to cover and to make its actions more effective.
- Remove the cap and rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Finally, shampoo and condition with nourishing products.
Technically, you could consider this as cheating since mayonnaise contains eggs in its composition. So, in a way, you’d still be using eggs. But we all know that mayo is more than just that. And all the other ingredients give it some extra properties that make it even better at providing your hair with some much-needed moisture and shine.
- In a bowl, add half of jar of mayonnaise.
- Then, mix in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 egg yolk.
- Using a whisk, incorporate everything together and then apply the mixture to your freshly-washed hair while it’s still damp.
- Afterwards, cover your head with a shower cap for half an hour.
- Finally, wash your hair thoroughly using cold water.
8. Almond Oil
Almond oil serves as a natural emollient and conditioner, adding moisture to your hair and helping lock it inside. Because of its properties, it’s excellent for dealing with hair frizz and for other hair-related issues as well. When you combine it in a recipe like the one you’re about to read about below, you can enhance all of its properties to create an amazing combo.
- Combine 1/4 cup of almond oil with 1 raw egg.
- Start applying the mixture to your hair and scalp, running it through the entire length of your tresses from the roots down.
- Let it sit for 40 minutes so that it can act out its benefits and then thoroughly rinse and shampoo as per usual.
9. Lemon and Honey
Lemon and honey make together a fantastic combo that can help you in dealing with wild and difficult to tame hair. They are some of the best home remedies for hair frizz you could use. This is because honey has the amazing property of retaining moisture from the air and locking it in your hair. On the other hand, lemon juice will cleanse your scalp of grime and dirt, which can also contribute to unhealthy and lifeless hair. Lemon and honey also works well as a home remedy for dry scalp.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in 1 cup of water.
- Pour this solution all through your hair and use it to massage your scalp.
- Leave on afterwards for another 10 minutes, to allow the benefits to really steep into your skin.
- Finally, wash out using lukewarm and apply your favorite shampoo.
Yogurt is an excellent natural emollient which will give your hair an extra dose of shine and will breathe new life into it. When you combine yogurt with other home remedies for hair frizz, it can turn this little issue into one of the past faster than you can spell out the word itself. Like this, it becomes one of the best home remedies for frizzy hair available around.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt with 1 tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
- Spread this mixture through your hair and to your scalp.
- Leave it to sit for 30 minutes to allow all their properties to sink into your hair.
- Finally, rinse out with cold water and continue to shampoo and condition as you usually would.
11. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is definitely an excellent addition to your arsenal of amazing home remedies for frizzy hair, but you can easily enhance all of its moisturizing properties by combining it with a carrier oil as well. This way, aloe vera is able to create a protective layer around your hair strands, keeping moisture from leaving from leaving them. It’s the ultimate barrier!
- Acquire 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel, which you can easily extract using aloe vera leaves.
- Combine the gel with 1/4 cup of a carrier oil of your preference, such as almond or olive.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair, making sure to cover the entire length of your hair.
- Keep on for 20-30 minutes and then wash, shampoo, and condition as per usual.
We’ve already mentioned honey in one spot before, but it’s hard to leave it be just that. Honey definitely deserves its own spot, seeing how it’s easily one of the best home remedies for frizzy hair that you could possibly use. It’s a natural humectant, meaning that it helps seal moisture in your hair and contributes to absorbing more and nourishing your tresses.
- Dilute 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 cups of warm water.
- Pour through your hair until you cover it whole and then leave on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse out with cold water, shampoo, and condition as you normally would.
Frizzy hair is definitely unpleasant, but it’s not a problem with no end. Using the home remedies for frizzy hair we’ve just enlisted, you can get rid of this issue, but not only. It will breathe new life into your hair and make it shiny and silky. Which remedy is your favorite? Have you tried something that has worked wonderfully for you? Then drop us a recommendation!