Nowadays, beautiful and clear skin is one of the biggest staples of beauty of society. If you want to look as pretty as possible, healthy skin is definitely the place where you need to start. Some would say that once you have this, it’s the equivalent to having a canvas on top of which you can paint a masterpiece. Plenty of factors could contribute to a deterioration of you skin’s beauty, such as dietary choices, stress, pollution, wrong kind of makeup, and many, many more. While plenty of people rely on various synthetic products to have porcelain skin, we recommend trying out first the following home remedies for glowing skin.
Turmeric contains curcumin, which is generally a fantastic compound for those seeking to fight off inflammations or infections. But this substance also fights free radicals, which are often among the main reasons why your skin ends up losing some of its glow. Moreover, turmeric also boosts production of collagen, a crucial element that can help your skin stay subtle and youthful.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric with 4 tablespoons of chickpea (also known as gram) flour.
- Add a little bit of milk or water in, just enough to mix everything into a paste.
- Next, apply this mixture to your skin and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Repeat this treatment 1-2 times a week to start seeing the results.
Many consider lemon to be one of the best natural bleaching and cleansing agents. So, if you struggle with dark spots or blemishes, lemons might just be the best home remedies for glowing skin. Furthermore, in combination with sugar, as you will see in the recipe below, you get a powerful treatment that will help you shed off old layers of skin and leave you looking rejuvenated and young.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of lemon juice with 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Apply this blend to your skin, scrubbing gently so that you can exfoliate the dead skin cells.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Undergo this treatment 2 times a week to get to the effects you’re looking for.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a fantastic way to gain glowing and beautiful-looking skin. It’s a deeply nourishing plant that will provide the necessary vitamins to prevent breakouts and it will leave your skin feeling supple and soft due to how moisturizing it is. Furthermore, aloe vera has fantastic rejuvenating properties that can help your skin regenerate and shed old layers.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and then slice it in two, extracting the gel.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the aloe vera gel with 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of milk, and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Spread this mixture over your skin evenly and then let it act for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry to complete the procedure.
- Repeat twice a week to get the results you want.
4. Coconut Oil
If you have dry or lifeless skin, coconut oil is definitely among the home remedies for glowing skin that will help you with this specific problem. Coconut oil is deeply moisturizing, but it also has a property which allows it to lock moisture under the skin, preserving it for a longer time. And, as we all know, moisture is a highly important factor to the health and beauty of your skin.
- All you need is a little bit of coconut oil to warm up.
- Rub it gently between your palms and then apply to your skin.
- Massage in circular motions for around 4-5 minutes.
- Cover with a bandage in order to keep the oil on the skin and then leave it on overnight.
- Rinse off in the morning.
- Do this every day before going to bed.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is fantastic for exfoliating dead skin cells because of its ability to balance pH levels on your skin. Furthermore, its anti-inflammatory properties make it a fantastic treatment for people dealing with various infections such as acne or other unpleasant breakouts.
- In a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
- Have your skin be slightly damp before using this remedy.
- Apply the mixture directly to your skin and do small circular motions to promote proper exfoliation.
- Let this blend sit for 10 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with cool water, pat dry, and moisturize generously.
- Attempt this treatment on weekly basis to get healthy and glowing skin.
Honey is present in a lot of skin treatments for a very good reason. It’s a deeply nourishing product which is also highly antioxidant and can help deal with various inflammations of infections. Honey will provide nutrients to your skin that can help it become healthy and beautiful from the inside-out. For this reason, honey is one of the most popular home remedies for glowing skin.
- First, clean your face thoroughly.
- While it’s still damp, slather on a thin layer of honey.
- Massage gently using circular motions for 2-3 minutes and then let it sit for an additional 5 minutes.
- Lastly, wash off with lukewarm water.
- For the effects that you desire to kick in, utilize this remedy once every alternate day.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a fantastic remedy for damaged skin due to its fantastic rejuvenating properties. The oil helps repair destroyed cells and, furthermore, the flavonoids and polyphenols present will also prevent future damage by keeping at bay free radicals. To top it all off, olive oil is also incredibly moisturizing, so it can add a coating of shine and softness to your skin like no other.
- Apply a few drops of oil to your fingertips and then gently massage it into your skin in circular motions for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, dip a towel in some warm water, squeeze out the excess water, and then place it over your skin for 30-40 seconds.
- Soak the towel again and then, finally, gently rub off the remaining oil from your skin.
- Follow this procedure every night before going to bed.
Cucumbers are really cool home remedies for glowing skin – quite literally. They are extremely cooling and rejuvenating, making them fantastic for dealing with damaged cells and certain inflammations. Above that, it can help you deal with dull and lifeless cells thanks to its richness in antioxidants.
- Grate 1 small cucumber and then mix it in with 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Blend everything thoroughly and then apply to your skin.
- Keep this mixture on for 5 minutes and then clean off using warm water.
- Do this once every 3-4 days in order to achieve the results you’re looking for.
9. Green Tea
Green tea contains plenty of flavonoids, which are compounds that boost production of collagen, a highly important element for your skin. Collagen ensures the elasticity of your skin while also reversing signs of aging. In other works, if you want your home remedies for glowing skin to fight against common signs of aging, green tea is where to go to.
- Boil 1 tablespoon of green tea leaves in a pot of water.
- Wait until the leaves impart color and then remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the green tea with 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cream.
- Mix everything thoroughly and then slather over the skin, scrubbing gently in circular motions.
- Keep on for an additional 10 minutes and then rinse off with cool water.
Papaya contains a substance called papain, which works as a gentle exfoliator that will leave your skin feeling soft and looking radiant. Furthermore, papaya is excellent at cleansing since it swiftly removes excess dirt and dust that could lead to any potential breakouts.
- Cut a ripe papaya into small pieces.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder and then blend everything well.
- Apply this paste all over your skin and then let it sit for 20 minutes so that the nourishing substances sink in your skin.
- Lastly, wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this treatment once every week to get the effects that you desire.
11. Rose Water
Many people use rose water as a toner, making it one of the most popular home remedies for glowing skin. It has the ability to brighten your skin and remove blemishes and dark spots due to the rose water’s property to restore skin pH and balance it.
- Store a container filled with rose water in the fridge for half an hour.
- Next, take it out and while it’s still chilly, dip a cotton ball in the solution.
- Apply to skin by dabbing the cotton ball gently.
- Lastly, let the rose water air dry.
Bananas are packed with numerous vitamins, including the usual A, B, C, and E, but they contain other enzymes and minerals as well. All of them are extremely useful for nourishing the skin from the inside-out. Bananas are definitely some of the most efficient and affordable home remedies for glowing skin.
- Mash 1 ripe banana and then mix in 2 teaspoons of milk to create a paste.
- Apply this mixture over your skin and leave it work its magic for around 15 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse everything with cool water and finalize by rubbing an ice cube over the skin for a few seconds.
- Repeat this process 1-2 times a week to get the effects that you desire.
These days, achieving radiant and soft skin really isn’t an impossible feat. Not only are the shelved products getting more and more effective, but the natural alternatives that have always been there remain as reliable as always. Follow regular treatments using either of the home remedies for glowing skin that we’ve just recommended and watch as the transformation unfolds right before your eyes. Of course, you should keep up these treatments for a steady amount of time to make sure that you don’t just revert to where you were before. Which of these remedies have you given a shot to already and which ones are you looking forward to trying out? Let us know in the comments below!