Hair in unwanted places is pretty much a beauty hazard of proportions. Few things suck as badly as trying to show up some place wearing that new dress you’ve just bought and to realize one giant hair is sticking out from your leg. Of course, as if this weren’t bad enough, there are other kinds of hairs that show up in even more inappropriate places. No matter how you look at this whole thing, it just seems like you can’t win. Actually, you can. You don’t have to worry about scheduling appointments for the salon. Simply stick by the home remedies for hair removal we’re about to present to you. This way, you’ll be able to remove this pesky hair without paying abnormal amounts of money. And you don’t even need to use wax or a razor!
Papaya contains a natural enzyme known as papain, a compound which breaks down hair follicle and inhibits its future growth. This makes it excellent at natural hair removal. Moreover, it also has exfoliating properties that will truly leave your skin feeling smooth and silky.
- Get a raw papaya, peel it, and then slice it.
- Mash some of the slices until you get a pasty pulp.
- Take away 1-2 tablespoons of the papaya pulp and then add in 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Slather this mixture onto the area which presents the unwanted hair.
- Rub gently against the skin for 15 minutes and then wash off with clean water.
- Finally, repeat this process 1-2 times a week to get lasting effects.
2. Chickpea Flour
It might definitely sound like a bit of an odd choice, but chickpea flour actually gets the deed done. It can ‘dissolve’ the pesky hair follicles and prevent that they grow back in the future as well. Chickpea flour definitely deserves some more attention, especially as one of the best home remedies for hair removal that you could get your hands on.
- Take one bowl and then mix in it 1/2 cup of chickpea flour with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of fresh cream, and 1/2 cup of milk.
- Stir everything together really well until you get a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this mixture directly onto the area which displays the unwanted hair growth.
- Leave it to sit for about 30-40 minutes.
- Finally, if the mask has dried wet on your fingers first, gently rub off the mixture in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this treatment as frequently as possible so that you grow to discourage unwanted hair growth.
You may have already noticed that we’ve included turmeric within the recipes of the previous home remedies for hair removal. This means that, naturally, it’s an excellent hair removal agent on its own as well. It can make the pesky hairs disappear in the blink of an eye and it will also prevent growth in the future. Furthermore, turmeric has strong antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can prevent any possible infections.
- Mix some turmeric powder, rose water, and warm water in equal amounts until you get a paste.
- Apply over the troublesome areas and then leave on for around 15 minutes or until you notice it’s dried out.
- Wash off using warm water and then pat dry.
- Repeat this process regularly for the effects to stick.
4. Egg Mask
For the people struggling with facial hair, which is particularly troublesome for the ladies, this egg mask can definitely help you get rid of it. The biggest downside of this treatment is simply how messy it can be when you’re applying it. Furthermore, removing it can also be a little bit painful, but this shouldn’t really be anything new. After all, isn’t waxing painful as well?
- Get 1 egg and then crack it into a bowl, removing the yolk.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 tablespoon of corn flour.
- Mix everything until you get a paste and then apply directly to your face.
- Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, carefully peel off the mask.
- Make sure to repeat this process 3-4 times a week to get to lasting results.
5. Banana – Oatmeal
Here we’ll start off with one of the combo pairs among our home remedies for hair removal. For either of these treatments to work, you’ll need two ingredients which have certain particularities. On one hand, you want something like oatmeal, which is rough enough to favor exfoliation and contribute to the actual hair removal. But you also need something bananas, which add moisture to the skin and leave it supple and soft.
- Take 1 ripe banana and then mash it.
- Next, add 1-2 teaspoons of oatmeal and stir everything until you get a paste.
- Apply paste directly to your face and then rub in circular motions against the skin.
- Keep doing this for 15 minutes and then rinse off with fresh water.
- Repeat the process 2 times a week for the best of results.
6. Sugar – Lemon
Sugar acts as one of the best natural exfoliators around, so you can place your bets with it. Combine the effects with sugar with those of lemon juice to achieve one of the most reliable home remedies for hair removal. While the sugar will exfoliate, lemon juice’s astringent properties will lighten the skin and remove dark patches.
- Grab a bowl and then add in it 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, and 10 tablespoons of water.
- Stir everything together until you get a scrub-like paste that you can easily slather on your skin.
- Apply the mixture in the direction of your hair growth.
- Keep on for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with clean water, rubbing gently for proper exfoliation.
- Follow this procedure several times a week for several weeks in a row to reach the best of results.
7. Potato – Lentil
Here we have yet another combo that can definitely help you get rid of the pesky hairs that have been bothering you. Potato has bleaching properties that are excellent for bringing balance to your skin. These effects are enhanced by yellow lentil and, together, the two of them can grant the ability to remove hairs that are bothering you.
- Take some yellow lentils and then soak them in some water overnight.
- In the morning, remove the lentils from the water and then mash them into a paste.
- Next, grab 1 potato and then peel and mash it.
- Place the mashed potato inside of a cloth and, using your hands or a spoon, extract the juice from it.
- Add the lentil paste to the potato juice and then also mix in 1 tablespoon of honey and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Apply this resulting mixture to the face and keep on for 15-30 minutes or until you notice it’s dried off.
- Clean off using fresh water and repeat several times a week.
8. Alum – Rosewater
Indian women are no strangers to alum, which has been one of their most reliable home remedies for hair removal for centuries straight. When you utilize together with rosewater, you can remove annoying hairs from your face, arms, or legs. The rosewater will also ensure that your skin stays healthy and silky.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of alum powder with 2-4 tablespoons of rosewater.
- Next, dip in a cotton ball and then apply to the bothersome area.
- Allow for it to dry out and then add another layer.
- Keep adding new layers for the next 50-60 minutes.
- Finally, wash off with water and pat dry.
- Make sure to moisturize using some sesame or olive oil.
9. Basil – Onion
Basil and onion both have great properties that make them excellent hair removal treatments. They’re natural, easy to come by, and they will also make sure to leave your skin feeling and looking fantastic.
- Take 2 onions and remove the thin, transparent membranes between the layers.
- In a bowl, mix the membranes with 10-12 crushed basil leaves until you get a paste.
- Spread this paste over the pesky hair sections and leave on for 15-25 minutes.
- Rinse off with clean water and then make sure to repeat this treatment several times a week for at least 1 month to get the best results.
10. Sugar – Molasses
Molasses contains magnesium, which eventually grows to affect your hormones in a way that discourages the growth of other future unwanted hairs. When you combine the texture of molasses with some sugar, you can create a natural wax that will immediately rid you of unpleasant layers of hair.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar with some molasses drizzles and then place in a microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove when the sugar completely dissolves and then add in juice from half a lemon.
- Allow for the mixture to become warm enough to apply it to the skin.
- Finally, spread over the affected area, cover with a waxing strip, and then peel off after a few seconds in the direction opposite to hair growth.
11. Spearmint Tea
Spearmint tea directly affects your hormones, putting a halt to the production of testosterone, which is the cause for excessive hair growth on your body. When you combine it with other methods of hair removal, you can have less and less hair grow after each intervention thanks to spearmint’s properties.
- Place 5-6 spearmint leaves in a teapot and then pour boiling water over them.
- Steep for 5-7 minutes, strain, and then drink while it’s still warm.
- Drink 1-2 cups of this tea daily for however long as you need to.
12. Safflower & Thanaka
These two are popular natural home remedies for hair removal in Myanmar. People there have been using these two plants as healthy hair growth inhibitors for the longest of time. When you combine them in a recipe, you can get a potent wax replacement, as well as a remedy to prevent numerous hairs in the future. So, you can definitely rest assured that they’re right for you.
- Mix equal parts Safflower powder with Thanaka powder with water until you get a fine paste.
- Apply over affected areas before going to bed.
- In the morning, wash off with clean water.
- Finally, repeat this treatment daily for 3 months.
It can be really annoying to deal with unwanted hair on your body. It ruins you aesthetically and, most of all, getting rid of it can be an even bigger hassle. After all, no one likes the pain of waxing or the inevitable shaving cuts. These home remedies for hair removal will prove to be of great help, as they can both remove the hair instantly and inhibit future growths.