Who doesn’t want to have amazing hair? And by ‘amazing,’ we mean in every sense of the word. It should look amazing, feel amazing, but, most of all, be properly amazing on the inside as well. Health is the root of beauty for all things and, certainly, your hair makes no exception to this root. Even today, after centuries of trying to find the key to pretty and strong hair, we’re continuously switching back and forth between treatments and solutions. Today, we’ve gathered some of the most effective home remedies for healthy hair of recent years. In other words, we’ve built up quite the beauty catalog, full of the best of the best. But the truly brilliant aspect of the list you’re about to see is that everything is natural and healthy.
1. Olive Oil
The first of our home remedies for healthy hair is olive oil, an excellent natural emollient that sinks deep into your hair follicles and into your scalp in order to nourish your hair. Olive oil adds new layers of shine and life to your tresses and works incredibly well toward helping your hair retain moisture, thus eluding the risk of dryness. It’s definitely something that you should keep near you at all times, for more than just one reason.
- Warm a bit of olive oil and then gently massage into your scalp for a few minutes.
- Cover hair using a shower cap or a towel and then allow the oil to sit for 45-50 minutes.
- Lastly, hop in the shower and rinse off, shampoo, and condition as you would normally.
- Repeat this treatment twice a week for your hair to remain healthy and shiny from then onward.
Due to the high percentage of healthy fats that you can find in them, avocados are incredible for adding moisture to dry hair. More than that, avocados also contain vitamin E, which is a nutrient that you really need in order to make your hair grow strong and resilient and to protect it from damage, particularly from the sun.
- Take 1 ripe avocado and then mash it to a pulp.
- Afterward, add 1 tablespoon of jojoba or olive oil and 1 tablespoon of yogurt, mixing all together until you get a paste.
- Apply this mask to your hair and then cover with a shower cap for 1 hour.
- Lastly, remove and then rinse with lukewarm water, repeating this process 2-3 times a week to get the best of results.
Lemons contain a lot of vitamin C – a lot of it. But, then again, we all probably knew that. What some people may not know, however, is just how much good this vitamin can do for the health of your hair. Lemons have the ability to restore pH balance of your skin, including the scalp. As a result, by creating an alkaline environment that’s damaging to bacteria, it becomes one of the best home remedies for healthy hair since it fights against dandruff and itchiness.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 lemons and then stir it in with 1 cup of water.
- Shampoo your hair as per usual and then rinse using this mixture.
- Let the solution sit in your hair for 5 minutes and then wash off using normal water.
- Repeat this 1-2 times a week to reap the most of its benefits.
4. Green Tea
Of course, one of the main things that can make you consider a particular hair as unhealthy is if just keeps falling everywhere. Hair loss is common and, thus, not something you should ever be ashamed of. But the fact that it’s a real issue still stands. And green tea contains some compounds that can help prevent or put a halt to this issue. Aside from that, other kinds of compounds can help your hair build resistance against the damage of UV rays.
- Start by brewing 3-4 cups of green tea. Just how much you end up making depends largely on the length of your hair.
- Let the tea cool down to room temperature and then rinse your hair using the tea.
- Allow it to sit and work its magic for 10 minutes.
- Afterwards, rinse with water and then shampoo with a mild product.
- Repeat this process 1-2 times a week in order to build up health and beauty for your hair.
5. Coconut Oil
Seeing how it’s an oil, it comes as a given that coconut oil is excellent at keeping your hair moisturized. But it can do so much more than that. Several researches have pointed out that coconut oil has the incredible ability to protect hair during grooming, especially when you are treating it with heat. It’s also excellent for hair that had to suffer after some chemical treatments, including dyeing.
- Begin by warming up a little bit of coconut oil and then massage it into your scalp.
- Do this before going to bed, as you will then cover your head with a shower cap and leave on overnight.
- In the morning, rinse off and then apply your shampoo and conditioner as per usual.
- Repeat 1-2 times a week to get healthy, soft, and luscious tresses.
Bananas are fantastic home remedies for healthy hair because of how rich they are in potassium. This compound is crucial to beautiful and healthy hair and is, in many cases, the foundation of shiny and luscious tresses. Aside from that, bananas are also very nourishing, so you can only get benefits from undergoing a banana-based treatment.
- Take 1 ripe banana and then mash it into a bowl.
- Apply this mixture along the entire length of your hair from root to tip.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse and shampoo as you would normally.
- Follow this procedure regularly, preferably 2-3 times a week, to get healthy and strong hair.
7. Egg Yolk
Egg yolk is very nourishing and it’s mandatory in your beauty routine if you wish for your hair to be the best it ever was. It’s a particularly amazing ingredient when you know how to use it in the right kind of recipes, together with other great home remedies for healthy hair. As it happens, we have an amazing one on us right now, so check it out and whip out your very own all-around hair mask.
- Crack 3 egg yolks in a bowl and then add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 3 drops of vitamin E oil.
- Apply this mixture directly to your hair and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off with lukewarm water and proceed to shampoo as normally.
- Follow through with this treatment at least once a week to notice improvements in the health and appearance of your hair.
Honey is a natural humectant, which automatically makes it one of the most excellent home remedies for healthy hair. This is because it’s able to retain moisture from your surroundings, aside from producing its own, and to lock it into your hair. Therefore, honey is a fantastic treatment that works particularly well if you’ve been struggling with hair dryness.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of honey to your regular shampoo and then stir well.
- Proceed to use this shampoo as you would per usual.
- Prepare this mixture 1-2 times a week to observe noticeable improvements in your hair’s health and appearance.
9. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds have their say in the health of your hair as well. They are incredible natural remedies to a number of issues, but as far as your hair is concerned, they can really help with two particular things. On one hand, fenugreek seeds should become your new go-to treatment when you’re dealing with dandruff. Likewise, they work just as well with hair loss prevention.
- Take 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and then soak them overnight in some water.
- The next morning, grind these seeds to turn them into a fine paste.
- Apply to your hair and leave this mask to work its effects within the next 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with fresh, lukewarm water and shampoo and condition as per usual.
Aside from smelling really good, strawberries serve a practical purpose as well. Many hair products incorporate these fruits in because they also happen to make excellent home remedies for healthy hair. They are excellent when you’re seeking for a method to make your hair shine and feel smooth and silky.
- Take 8 strawberries and then mash them.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise to create a paste that you can apply to your hair.
- Do just that, spreading the paste evenly throughout your hair and along its entire length.
- Cover with a shower cap and then, after 5 minutes, swap it for a warm towel for another additional 5 minutes.
- Take off the towel and, finally, rinse and shampoo as usual.
Beer and alcohol in general can work wonders for shineless and lifeless hair. So, next time you’re going grocery shopping, consider tossing in some beer to treat your tresses with it as well.
- All you should do in order to get to the beneficial effects of beer for your hair is to add raw beer to a spray bottle and then apply it on damp hair before shampooing.
- For the best of effects, apply on the entire length of your hair, starting from roots and spreading to the tips.
- Keep the beer in your hair for 5-10 minutes, letting its beneficial properties be absorbed into your scalp.
Last but not least, this popular cooking ingredient is also an excellent remedy for your hair and for its health, so you should definitely add it to your routine. It has all the benefits of an egg yolk, which is already in its composition, and more.
- On your damp hair, spread a little bit of mayonnaise, just enough to cover the entire length of your mane.
- Leave the mayonnaise on for 15 minutes, but you can extend the time if you need.
- Finally, rinse off and shampoo as per usual.
- Follow through with this remedy as many times as you need on a weekly basis.
Beautiful hair is healthy hair, so always consider this when you’re wondering what went wrong. If you know how to keep your hair healthy, you’ve pretty much found yourself the key to a beautiful hair. We hope you’ll try these home remedies for healthy hair soon and that you’ll return to tell us which one worked best for you. Furthermore, if you have any favorite remedy that has been performing miracles for your hair, let us know about that too!