Hip pain is a very common condition that can affect a very large number of people, regardless of their age or other medical conditions. Admittedly, though, there are some groups of people that are definitely more likely to develop this affliction. For example, the elderly and people who regularly partake in physical activity of some sort are definitely on this possible list much more often. There are also certain injuries that can cause this condition. Regardless of the cause, there are some home remedies for hip pain that can help you alleviate symptoms such as pain, swellings, and inflammations. Do check in with your doctor first, though, to be sure that you’re not actually suffering from a greater issue.
1. Cold Compress
The first and one of the most reliable home remedies for hip pain, cold compresses are going to help provide comfort against pain and soreness by numbing the area that you are exposing to it. Given the fact that it also requires very little resources, it’s undoubtedly one of the best solutions to this kind of issue.
- Wrap a handful of ice cubes in a thin towel.
- Apply this towel directly to the troubled area, keeping it pressed for 15 minutes or until it warms up.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times throughout the day.
2. Hot Compress
Alternatively, you could try a treatment that uses heat as well. Heat helps you soothe the pain in a different manner: by boosting circulation and, thus, promoting healing and helping your body fight against the inflammation. As a result, creating a hot compress as soon as 48 hours (at most) after the apparition of the symptoms is going to be one of the most efficient home remedies for hip pain.
- Grab a plastic bottle and then fill it with hot, preferably recently boiled, water.
- Place a thin towel over your hip and then press the water bottle into it, securing with a plastic sheet.
- Keep doing this until the water cools down.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day for the next few days or until the pain subdues.
3. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, a renowned anti-inflammatory agent that’s going to bring you the circulatory system boosting properties of a heating pad and the analgesic effects of a painkiller. It’s a reliable remedy that people have been using to treat inflammations for a very long amount of time.
- Warm up 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then add in 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder.
- Apply this mixture directly to the skin and then cover up with a bandage for security.
- Leave the blend to work its magic for 3-4 hours and then remove the bandage.
- Repeat this process daily for the next few days.
Turmeric contains too a substance that’s going to help you fight the inflammation in your joints and bones: curcumin. Curcumin has the ability to release heat in your body, thus facilitating faster healing and soothing the pain associated with this condition. Certainly, it’s a treatment that will provide you with a great number of benefits.
- Add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder to 1 cup of milk.
- Heat this blend over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Afterwards, remove from heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Add honey according to taste to make it more flavorful.
- Drink this solution twice a day for the next several days until you get the results you’ve been looking for.
5. Fenugreek Seeds
When digested, fenugreek seeds are going to release warmth, which in turn will facilitate healing and recovery by boosting blood circulation. They are excellent home remedies for hip pain due to their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds with 1 glass of water.
- Let the seeds soak overnight.
- Next, in the morning, consume them on an empty stomach.
- To get to the results you desire, do this daily for the next couple of weeks.
6. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is rich in magnesium, an effective and important compound that will help bring relief to your muscles, joints, and muscles through external use. It will provide relief to the pains of the condition and it will boost circulation.
- Fill a bath tub with hot water, making sure it’s tolerable by your skin when you try to soak in it.
- Mix in 2 cups of Epsom salt, mixing thoroughly in the entire mass of the water.
- Wait for the salt to dissolve completely and then soak in this salty water for 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat this process daily until you get to the results that you desire.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil is something that many people use for massages and massages for conditions such as hip pain are crucial to boosting circulation and to facilitating healing. Moreover, it will help tone down the inflammation and swelling, helping bring back mobility to your joints and get rid of stiffness.
- Warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Rub it between your palms and then gently, but firmly, rub it into the sensitive areas.
- Keep doing this for 4-5 minutes and then wrap a warm towel around the area.
- Stay with the towel on until it cools down.
- Remove and remove excess oiliness with a bit of warm of water or a paper towel.
- Repeat this as many times as you need to get rid of the pain.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that’s going to help you a great deal in getting rid of the most common symptoms of hip pain. More specifically, it will soothe pain and reduce swelling, gradually bringing you the relief that you’re looking for.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Massage this solution directly onto the sensitive area, attempting gentle circular motions.
- Keep doing this for 4-5 minutes.
- Lastly, make sure to repeat this treatment several times throughout the day to see the symptoms gradually fade away.
Garlic is one of nature’s greatest anti-inflammatory ingredients and one of the best home remedies for hip pain. It’s fantastic for bringing relief to those suffering from the ache and soreness of the condition while also helping greatly reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of sesame oil to a pan.
- Throw in 2-3 garlic cloves and then cook until the cloves turn brown in color.
- Strain the oil afterwards, letting it cool down completely.
- Using a cotton pad, apply to the sensitive areas and let it sit for 2-3 hours.
- Lastly, wash off with generous amounts of water.
- Do this every day for proper results.
10. White Willow Bark
White willow bark was pretty much the original aspirin back before people even came up with this process. In other words, it’s a fantastic alternative to painkillers and to other synthetic remedies. It will help you boost circulation and heal the areas of the body affected by inflammation and possible infections.
- Add 1 teaspoon of dried white willow bark to 1 cup of water and then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Next, cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain this mixture and add in a bit of honey according to personal taste.
- Drink the tea while it’s still warm and repeat this process once a day until you are satisfied with the results.
11. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of the most reliable home remedies for hip pain and other types of swellings and inflammations, having been used to treat a number of afflictions involving these two symptoms. It has cooling properties which will numb out pain and help you regain mobility.
- Combine about 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder with 1 cup of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel.
- Spread directly to the areas of your hip giving you trouble.
- Wait for the effects to kick in, about 5-10 minutes, and then rinse off.
- Repeat this several times throughout the day for the best kind of results.
12. Green Tea
Green tea is one of the home remedies for hip pain that will actually require internal use, contributing to the recovery of your body from the inside-out. It will absorb and flush out toxins from your body, giving a boost to your immune system to fight off the inflammation.
- In a cup, pour hot water over 2 teaspoons of dried green tea leaves.
- Steep for 10 minutes while covered.
- Lastly, uncover and sweeten with honey to taste.
- Enjoy 2-3 cups throughout the day until you get the results you’re looking for.
13. Peppermint Oil
A natural analgesic, peppermint oil will soothe pain of this condition and help bring relaxation to your stiff muscles and joints. It’s a quick and efficient method of regaining your lost comfort and it will help you gradually remove the inflammation from your body, returning your mobility to you.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a microwave suitable dish and then heat the oil slightly.
- Add 5-6 drops of peppermint essential oil in.
- Next, gently massage this blend directly onto the aching area using your hands.
- Follow these steps twice a day for however long it takes for the beneficial results to kick in.
Bottom line, hip pain has so many possible causes that it’s difficult to keep track of all of them. The definite conclusion here is that you should first get your doctor’s green light and simply proceed to keep it under control using home remedies for hip pain like the ones you’ve seen enlisted below. Have you given any of these treatments a shot before? If yes, which ones would you say should become everyone’s go-to treatment when dealing with this affliction? Share your opinion and story in the comment section below!