Yeast infections are some of the most embarrassing afflictions that can target someone’s genitals. While a yeast infection is a lot more likely to develop in women, men are likely to develop it as well. There are many people who wrongly assume that it’s a result of the actions of various bacteria, however that’s definitely not true. Yeast infections stem from a very specific type of fungus. Symptoms of this disease include itching, irritation, and discomfort in the abdominal area. Luckily, with just a few home remedies for male yeast infection, you can get to the road to recovery and treat this embarrassing condition in no time using some accessible and natural remedies.
Of course, yogurt is probably anyone’s first recommendation whenever they think of home remedies for male yeast infection and other variants of it. This is, obviously, because probiotics (which yogurt is packed with) are the best way to counter this particular fungus and the bacteria that often makes the condition worse.
- You only need to apply cool plain yogurt directly to the sensitive area and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Next, rinse with generous amounts of water and carefully pat dry to remove possible moisture that might cause bacteria to appear.
- Repeat this process twice a day for the next few weeks until you’ve managed to get rid of the problem.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the treatments that we recommend if you are dealing with a case of male yeast infection. It’s deeply soothing and moisturizing, being able to offer some relief to the annoying itchiness and state of discomfort. In other words, definitely consider using coconut oil to lessen the symptoms of this infection.
- Lightly warm up 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Afterwards, rub it between your hands and gently massage it into the skin, making sure to apply to the areas affected by the swollen patches of skin.
- Let the skin absorb as much of the oil as possible and then rinse off using lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day for the next few days until the symptoms have disappeared.
Speak of infections and you can’t go without mentioning garlic. Garlic is one of the best home remedies for male yeast infection because of its excellent antiseptic properties that instantly make it a hugely reliable treatment. It will reduce possible inflammation and banish the troublesome fungi at the same time.
- Pour a little bit of olive or almond oil in a pan and then add a few of crushed cloves to it.
- Afterwards, move the pan to the stove and start heating up the oil with the garlic in it.
- Keep on heat until the cloves of garlic turn a shade of golden-brown.
- Lastly, take out the garlic cloves and wait for the oil to cool down to room temperature.
- Apply it afterwards directly to your sensitive skin areas, gently massaging against them.
Cranberries are antiseptics which can help you deal with this particular kind of infection. More than that, the high concentration of vitamin C in combination with other minor compounds is going to help your body better its immune system to fight against the infection.
- In a pan, add 1 lb. of cranberries with 1/4 of water and then place over heat.
- Next, bring everything to a boil.
- Then, reduce the heat and let the berries simmer, waiting until they burst.
- Strain the juice and then bring to flame again until it’s almost boiling.
- Drink a few times throughout the day.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
What a surprise, apple cider vinegar is an excellent cure for an infection. Apple cider vinegar must be one of the best antiseptics around, thus making it one of the best home remedies for male yeast infection as well. It destroys fungi, bacteria, and it offers relief to itchiness and irritation as well.
- Get some organic apple cider vinegar and then mix 2 tablespoons of it in a glass of warm water.
- Stir in some honey to give it a taste that’s more favorable.
- Finally, drink this mixture regularly, preferably on a daily basis, to see the effects kick in.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the best oils that you can use to treat this particular issue. It has the highest and most efficient antiseptic properties of them all, being able to provide you with the relief you need in a quick and effective manner.
- Make a solution by mixing 1 part tea tree oil with 9 parts water.
- Dip a cotton swab tip in this concoction and then apply directly to the affected areas.
- Let this mixture air dry.
- Repeat the treatment several times throughout the day as many times as you need to get to the end result you desire.
7. Oregano Oil
Next up, we have oregano oil, yet another of the home remedies for male yeast infection of oily nature. It’s also strongly antibacterial and it can help your body fight off the infection by boosting circulation, destroying fungi, and keeping at bay bacteria that might try to interfere and make the situation worse.
- In-between meals, digest 2-3 drops of oregano oil.
- You can do this also by dipping a bit of bread in oregano oil.
- Alternatively, you can take 1 capsule of oregano oil about 2-3 times throughout the day to get the same results.
8. Thyme and Rosemary
Thyme is a relaxing and highly efficient treatment for this particular kind of issue. It fights against infections while simultaneously providing relief against the unpleasant symptoms stemming from them.
- Add some rosemary and thyme leaves to a cup of water.
- Bring to heat and let everything simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Strain and then bring the solution to room temperature.
- Apply the mixture to the sensitive area for a few minutes and then pat dry.
9. Calendula, Cleavers, and Mullein
Another one of the home remedies for male yeast infection that we have to recommend is calendula. It’s a type of plant with excellent antiseptic properties which can offer relief against itchiness and irritation. More than that, it will keep at bay bacteria and it will better your immune system for faster healing.
- To a glass of water, add 2 parts calendula and cleavers and 1 part mullein.
- Bring to stove over medium flame and then boil the mixture for 30 minutes while you’re covering with a lid.
- Next, strain this solution and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Have 2-3 cups of this drink for the next 2-3 weeks to get the best of results.
10. Grapefruit Seed Extract
Grapefruit seed extracts can do a number of things that will definitely better your situation. For starters, they contain vitamin C, which are incredibly important if you want your body to be able to fight off infections efficiently. Another great thing is that they boost circulation and make it easier to get rid of infections.
- The easiest method is oral administration, through taking GSE supplements. However, it’s mandatory to consult a doctor beforehand so that you can get the green light for it.
- You can also add a few drops of the extract to 2 tablespoons of water. Apply the solution to the sensitive area 2-3 times a day until the problem goes away.
11. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint has famous soothing properties, its refreshing nature ranking it among the best home remedies for male yeast infection that you should absolutely not pass on. It will bring relief to itchiness and irritation and all it takes is a topical use for it as well.
- First, start by boiling 1 cup of water.
- Next, add 1 teaspoon of peppermint oil.
- Remove this mix from heat, cover, and let it steep for around 5-6 minutes.
- Lastly, strain the tea and stir in 1 teaspoon of honey in order to give it a sweeter flavor.
- To get the best results, drink this tea between meals 2-3 times a day while it’s still warm.
- Follow this procedure for the next 4-6 weeks in order to get the end results that you’re looking for.
12. Castor Oil
Another type of oil, oregano oil is highly antiseptic and it will help you fight against infection by targeting the fungi causing it in the first place. You can use it either by creating a remedy or by including it in your cooking more often.
- Soak a piece of flannel in some castor oil and then place it over your lower abdomen.
- Secure in place with a plastic sheet.
- Then, place a heating pad or a bottle filled with hot water on top of the sheet.
- Cover everything else up with an old towel.
- Allow these items to sit for 1 hour and then remove.
- In order to feel the benefits of this treatment, repeat 2-3 times a week for the next month.
Last but not least, lemon oil has all the wonderful benefits of lemons, except they are definitely boosted. Lemon oil is among the best home remedies for male yeast infection due to its soothing properties that also fight against bacteria and fungi.
- You simply have to squeeze the juice out of a fresh lemon and then add in a little bit of sugar and salt to create a balance of flavors.
- Alternatively, you may also try mixing a glass of sugarcane with a teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Both of these cures are easy to prepare and they stimulate your liver and make your digestion lighter and smoother.
It’s definitely one of the most embarrassing conditions that someone has to face, especially seeing how it’s not as common in males, but yeast infection is not without its match. Find whichever of the aforementioned home remedies for male yeast infection suits you best and get started on the path to recovery.