Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs or pockets which develop on the surface of a woman’s one or more ovaries. Most of the time, they are benign in nature and they are no indication of any worse condition or a possible disease. The exact causes behind ovarian cysts are unclear, as they tend to appear out of nowhere and affect women of all kinds of ages and backgrounds. Sometimes, ovarian cysts may also lead to certain symptoms such as bloating, irregular menstruation, or nausea. It’s important to go to the doctor’s and do a thorough check-up and ensure that the cysts aren’t of carcinogen nature. If not, you can use the following home remedies for ovarian cysts to keep this condition under control and prevent it from evolving into something worse.
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil has some properties which make it one of the most reliable and widest-used home remedies for ovarian cysts. It eliminates excess toxins and oils from the body, a crucial step for recovery for people struggling with this condition. Furthermore, castor oil gives a boost to lymphatic and circulatory systems, which will allow for faster recovery and the gradual fading of the cysts. Do not use this remedy while you’re menstruating or if you’re trying to conceive.
- Grab a large flannel cloth, one large enough to cover your entire abdomen even when you fold it in three.
- Add 2 tablespoons of castor oil to the material.
- Next, lay down and then place the flannel cloth on your abdomen, secure with plastic wrap, and place an old towel on top.
- Top it all off with a bottle containing hot water and then cover with a blanket.
- Let it all sit for 30 minutes.
- Do this approximately 3 times a week for the next 3 months.
Chamomile is a great natural sedative that will bring relief to discomfort and pain resulting from ovarian cysts. It has a calming and relaxing nature, which makes it an excellent remedy in times of need. Moreover, it can contribute to the disappearance of the cysts by stimulating blood flow in the abdomen and the area of the uterus.
- Bring about 1 cup of water to a boil and then transfer to a cup.
- Add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile to the water and then cover.
- Let it all steep for 5 minutes.
- Drink 2-3 cups of the tea every day until you get satisfying results.
3. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is rich in magnesium sulfates, compounds whose primary purpose is to bring relaxation to muscles and to soothe pain. Bathing in an Epsom salt infusion regularly is going to relieve discomfort caused by symptoms of ovarian cysts. Therefore, it’s definitely a treatment that you should consider.
- Fill a bath tub with hot water, making sure it’s tolerable by your skin when you try to soak in it.
- Mix in 2 cups of Epsom salt, mixing thoroughly in the entire mass of the water.
- To boost the effects of the salt, add to the mixture 10 drops of an essential oil such as rose or lavender.
- Wait for the salt to dissolve completely and then soak in this salty water for 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat this process daily until you get to the results that you desire.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Sometimes ovarian cysts may develop because of a potassium deficiency, in which case your safest natural course of action is apple cider vinegar. Being rich in potassium, ACV is able to supply your body with the daily intake it really needs. Furthermore, apple cider vinegar can also help regulate excessive leaks during menstruation and has soothing properties that can help bring you relief from pain and discomfort.
- To 1 glass filled with warm water, add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and then mix everything well together.
- Also add in 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses.
- Have 2-3 glasses of this particular solution on a daily basis for as long as it needs for your problem to fade away.
5. Aloe Vera
Scholars that have tested the effects of aloe vera on rats suffering from various conditions have discovered that the plant has beneficial effects when it comes to hormones and ovaries. Not only did it manage to bring a certain balance to hormonal systems, but it significantly reduced the amount of cysts present on the surface of the ovaries. Therefore, aloe vera makes one of the best, clinically-tested home remedies for ovarian cysts.
- Acquire about 3-4 aloe vera leaves and then cut them in the middle.
- Peel the leaves off and extract the gel, adding it to a juicer or to a blender with a little bit of water.
- Process thoroughly until you get aloe vera juice.
- Drink 1 glass of this juice one a daily basis for you to get the results that you desire.
A truly common cause for ovarian cysts is increased insulin resistance. With that in mind, it’s definitely worth investigating if this is the case for your condition as well. And if it is, the most efficient way to deal with this problem is by following a treatment that increases insulin sensitivity. Cinnamon is a highly effective remedy in that regard, being able to reduce ovarian cysts that have been born from high insulin resistance.
- Bring 1 cup of water to heat and then bring to a boil.
- While the water is boiling still, add in 1 cinnamon stick or 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder.
- Cover and boil for 2-3 minutes and then let it all steep for an additional 10 minutes.
- Uncover and strain, if needed, and then enjoy this tea while it’s still warm.
- Drink daily in order to reap the benefits of cinnamon on your health.
If what’s truly bothering you is the cramps that sometimes come with ovarian cysts, heat might be one of the best ways to deal with it. Needless to say, it’s definitely one of the most inexpensive and accessible home remedies for ovarian cysts and the methods through which it can help are very easy to understand. Heat improves circulation, which in turn is very important for dealing with inflammations stemming from this condition.
- Acquire a heating pad or fill a plastic bottle with hot water.
- Place whichever of these two you’ve chosen against your lower abdomen and lower pelvic area.
- Keep gently pressed for at least 15 minutes.
- Do this treatment as seen fit. More specifically, whenever you’re experiencing cramps and other pains caused by ovarian cysts.
There are two excellent ways through which you can drastically reduce the symptoms of ovarian cysts. You could flush out more toxins from your body and you could bring balance to acidity levels in your body. Luckily, you can achieve both of these things thanks to beetroot, which contains a compound known as betacyanin. As you’ve probably guessed already, betacyanin improves the liver’s functions to flush out more toxins and it also balances acidity levels.
- Create a mixture by combining 1/2 cup of freshly-extracted beetroot juice with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice and blackstrap molasses.
- Stir everything together really well and then serve a glass of this mixture before breakfast.
- Repeat the remedy on a daily basis to get to the results that you desire.
Ginger has excellent natural anti-inflammatory properties, making it an immediate choice for those seeking the best of home remedies for ovarian cysts. Moreover, it can help cleanse your body of toxins that could be causing the development of the cysts to begin with. It will improve diuretic processes, thus contributing to the efficient elimination of the main cause behind this affliction.
- Boil 1 cup of water and then add in 1 piece of fresh ginger.
- Reduce heat and let everything simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Next, remove completely from heat and steep for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add a bit of honey to taste and then sip on the tea while it’s still warm.
- Repeat every day for the next few months or so until you are satisfied with the results that you’re getting.
Flaxseeds are great natural diuretics, thus helping your body flush out toxins and other forms of excess liquid in the most natural and effective way possible. More than that, though, flaxseeds are also really good at boosting circulation, another key advantage all home remedies for ovarian cysts should possess. With proper circulation, your body will boost its regenerative, healing processes.
- Soak a handful of flaxseeds in a bowl of water overnight.
- Next thing in the morning, consume these seeds by alternating with a glass of water.
- Repeat this for the next few months.
Almonds are also great at boosting circulation, improving the body’s natural liquid elimination processes, and allowing your organism to regenerate and heal better. Moreover, they also absorb toxins directly when you consume them.
- Soak a fistful of almonds in a bit of warm water for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- On an empty stomach, consume the almonds one by one.
- Do this every morning or every night before going to bed for the next few weeks.
12. Milk Thistle
Milk thistle contains silymarin, a compound that makes it one of the most effective home remedies for ovarian cysts. It regulates the production of bile and insulin, both of which are crucial factors to the proper functioning of your organism’s defensive system against the cysts. Furthermore, it improves liver functions, facilitating faster and more effective toxin elimination.
- Mix 3 cups of water with some finely ground milk thistle and then bring everything to heat.
- Cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Next, remove from heat and steep for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy this blend 2-3 times a day for the next few weeks.
As long as your ovarian cysts aren’t malevolent in nature and don’t require any surgical interventions, you can easily keep the symptoms under control by using home remedies for ovarian cysts. Plus, with the right kind of medical treatment, it will help you get rid of them altogether!