Pancreatitis is an affliction which involves the inflammation of the pancreas, a small but highly important gland in your body. It fosters a number of crucial functions, such as the regulation of glucose levels in your body and the production of certain enzymes that your organism really needs. When this condition hits, your pancreatitis has a lot to suffer and it particularly puts at risk the people that suffer from diabetes, but not only. More often than not, this affliction also comes with pain, which makes it all the more difficult to bear. Sometimes OTC medication needs a little help to truly make you feel better, which is why we first recommend the home remedies for pancreatitis you’ve about to read through below. They’re natural and this lack of toxins can only bring your pancreas benefits.
1. Baking Soda
People suffering from pancreatitis lose a lot of bicarbonate from their bodies. And it’s crucial that they find ways to restore these doses. What better way to do that than through baking soda? Aside from doing this, the strong anti-inflammatory properties of baking soda can also help relive the pains of pancreatitis.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water.
- Down this solution two times a day for the effects to kick in.
- You will start noticing progress after two weeks.
Blueberries have a very precise purpose for your organism. They are the kind of home remedies for pancreatitis that can ensure your situation won’t get worse. This is because they are rich in antioxidants, which are very important in the fight against free radicals, elements that can make your condition that much more acute and unpleasant.
- You can deal with this affliction really easily, seeing how all you need to do to get the benefits of blueberries is eat a handful of those in the morning and on an empty stomach.
- Obviously, you may also experiment with some delicious blueberry desserts once in a while.
Soy is the kind of ingredient that you should absolutely include in your diet from now on if you suffer from diabetes. Diabetes and pancreatitis really don’t mix well together, so you need to try everything in your power to ensure they won’t bring the worst out of each other. Soy helps with a slow and steady release of sugars in your blood, thus contributing to the regulating of glucose levels in your body.
- Simply incorporate soy in your everyday diet from then on.
- There are plenty of food recipes that use soy just waiting for you to try them out, so it’s very easy to adopt a lifestyle that involves regular soy consumption.
- We recommend trying out your very own homemade soy milk. Start by soaking a handful of soybeans in 2-4 cups of water overnight.
- In the morning, take the beans out and then peel them.
- Add to blender with 4 cups of water and then mix everything together.
- Move over to heat and bring to a boil then reduce the heat and let simmer for an additional 4-5 minutes.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera possesses natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can really help you deal with the painful symptoms of pancreatitis. It’s a truly healthy plant that has a myriad of other benefits. So, aside from being one of the home remedies for pancreatitis that you absolutely need by your side, it’s also something that you should include in your daily diet just because.
- The best way to use aloe vera is by drinking 1 cup of aloe vera juice.
- You can procure the juice from various stores, though you should be careful to only pick products without any harmful additives or sugars.
- Alternatively, you can learn to make your own aloe vera juice if it’s easier for you to acquire some leaves instead.
- Take some leaves, cut them in two, and then extract the gel.
- Next, cut the gel in small pieces and then stir it in with 1 glass of warm water until it dissolves.
- Allow to cool and then drink 1-2 times a day.
Beets are extremely good for your health, particularly when you’re suffering from pancreatitis. They provide you with energy and a feel-good vibe thanks to their ability to boost relaxation. Beets contain a nutrient called betaine, which is the reason behind beets being able to successfully bring relief to the pains stemming from this condition.
- The best way to use beets for your health benefits is by drinking beet juice.
- Wash, peel, and cut a small beetroot, 1 apple, 2 celery stalks, 1-2 carrots, 1/2 lemon or lime, a piece of ginger.
- Place in a juicer and then blend everything until you get the consistency of juice.
Dandelion contains a compound known as taraxacin, which is the main reason why this herb is among our best home remedies for pancreatitis. What it does precisely is boost the production of bile. This, in turn, is going to take off a lot of pressure off the pancreas, ensuring that it will take less damage and that it will get an opportunity to heal.
- Gather 2-3 teaspoons of ground dandelion.
- Then, throw them in a glass of water and drink this mixture daily to start seeing the beneficial effects.
Turmeric is really special. And this isn’t just because of how incredible it is when we use it for the preparation of various foods in Indian cuisine. The herb is the only natural source of curcumin, a compound which has the same effects as precise medication that people with pancreatitis take to treat their condition. Furthermore, scholars have uncovered the amazing property of turmeric to be able to prevent pancreatitis from becoming chronic or acute.
- Prepare some tea by firstly bringing 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Then, add a 1-inch ginger piece, minced, 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and lemongrass, peppercorns, or orange slices if you desire.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and then let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve in cup and drink while still warm.
8. Milk Thistle
People have been using milk thistle for a very long time, praising its uncanny ability to deal with some of the harshest conditions around. The truly remarkable aspect of this herb is the fact that, over time, it’s been able to repair damage to the liver, pancreas, and even stomach. This is all thanks to a type of flavonoid called silymarin, which manages to make it one of the best home remedies for pancreatitis around.
- Grab your mortar and use it to crush 1 tablespoon of milk thistle seeds.
- Throw them in a pan which contains 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and then steep for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, strain this tea and then drink it several times throughout the day.
- For the best of results, sip on this drink 30 minutes before your meals.
Licorice root has been part of Chinese medicine for many years and people have been using it to treat a number of issues and conditions. This also makes it one of the most reliable home remedies for pancreatitis, being able to reduce inflammation and to bring some relief to the pains of this affliction.
- Fill a saucepan with 4-8 ounces of water.
- Next, boil it for a few minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add pieces of licorice root powder to the saucepan containing the boiling water.
- Steep for 5 minutes, steep, and then drink this tea.
- Turn it into a daily habit to really see the results of this treatment.
10. Green Tea
Many turn to green tea when they’re in need of some relief for the symptoms of pancreatitis. The fact that so many people use it as the foundation of their detox routines is very telling of how well green tea deals with the toxins in our bodies and what it can do to rid us of them. Green tea is a wonderful antioxidant that can bring you relief when the pains of pancreatitis are too much.
- All you have to do is to brew some green tea and to drink 2-3 cups throughout the day for several weeks or months.
11. Olive Oil
Despite being a mere cooking oil to some, olive oil is actually packed with all kinds of nutrients that make it a haven of health and benefits. Therefore, it’s also one of the home remedies for pancreatitis that we wholeheartedly recommend. The compounds in olive oil can protect your pancreas from taking further damage. Moreover, they are also really good at soothing the pains of this disease.
- Olive oil is the healthiest when you use it raw and with its intended purpose: for cooking.
- Simply try to find methods to incorporate olive oil in your daily diet as often as possible. For example, you could quickly prepare a salad.
- Use some cottage cheese, lettuce, seeds, spinach, and sprinkle some olive oil on top of it.
Spinach is a powerful ally to pancreatitis patients. There are many things it can do for you in order to ease the symptoms of this unforgiving disease. For starters, spinach contains high doses of vitamin B, which is excellent for repairing the pancreas and contributing to its recovery. Furthermore, it’s also an anti-inflammatory plant that you can consume in order to relax under the weight of this condition and its aches.
- Try making a quick and healthy spinach smoothie.
- All you have to do is add the following ingredients to a blender: 2-3 cups raw spinach, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 cup frozen banana, ½ cup ice.
- Blend all the ingredients together until you get to a creamy consistency and there are no whole pieces left.
Pancreatitis is definitely no joking matter. It’s something that many people struggle with and the word ‘struggle’ isn’t used too lightly in this context. This ailment can cause great pains and it can make normal, everyday tasks into real hassles that can exhaust you. Fortunately, you can make life with pancreatitis easier by including either of the previously mentioned home remedies for pancreatitis in your daily life. And you can do this with no trouble, seeing how easily accessible you are and how many uses you have for these suggestions.