Pregnancy is quite a handful of uncomfortable symptoms and it’s very likely that the famous pregnancy nausea might just be the worst of them all. It’s a special and different kind of nausea that requires different treatments compared to your typical sickness. Luckily, there are plenty of home remedies for pregnancy nausea that you can rely on whenever you want to soothe the symptoms and to prevent future similar episodes. Below, you will find a comprehensive list of some of the best treatments that future mommies can turn to whenever they’re seeking help with this highly common pregnancy symptom.
Get rid of morning sickness with our natural home remedies for pregnancy nausea
Peppermint (and mint by extension) has cooling properties that make it a great agent against a great number of uncomfortable symptoms and conditions related to the stomach. Aside from treating nausea, it can also help with bloating, abdominal gas, or muscle spasms. In other words, it’s always good to have some peppermint nearby when you’re having stomach problems.
- Add some fresh leaves of peppermint to 1 cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for a few minutes.
- Strain and then add some honey according to personal taste.
- Drink it 2 or 3 times a day for the effects to kick in.
Ginger is undoubtedly one of the most popular home remedies for pregnancy nausea. One of the reasons why plenty of people bring ginger ale with them during travels is because of how potent ginger is against motion sickness and other types of stomach discomfort. It’s going to improve circulation and ease the discomfort of pregnancy at the level of your stomach in no time.
- Boil one cup of water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of finely chopped ginger.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain, add honey, then drink 3 times a day.
3. Raspberry Leaf
Raspberries are good treatments for nausea in general, but raspberry leaves actually have all the same soothing properties, except improved and much more effective. That being said, consider brewing some raspberry leaf tea if you want a reliable way of dealing with the discomfort of morning sickness.
- Grab a handful of raspberry leaves and then add them in a pot of water.
- Place over heat and then bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and let the mix steep for a few minutes.
- Strain and allow for the blend to cool down to room temperature.
- Drink 2-3 cups a day to get the results that you are looking for.
4. Fennel Seeds
Fennel has calming properties that will allow your stomach to get rid of the agitation that’s stirring through your innards. These seeds are reliable home remedies for pregnancy nausea that have been used since old times in several countries throughout the world. Fennel seeds are also used in home remedies for boosting milk production when pregnant, so remember to consume them after you give birth as well.
- Boil some water and then add fennel seeds and crushed tea leaves to it.
- Leave the solution steep for a few minutes.
- Add in a quarter cup of milk.
- Strain and drink the tea while still warm.
During school trips, many children carry lemon slices in a bag. This is because the sourness, as well as the high concentration of vitamin C in lemons, make these citrus fruits amazing when you’re forced to deal with nausea. Not only do lemons help with motion-induced sickness, but they can also help with pregnancy nausea. They work great as a home remedy for dizziness from different causes as well.
- Squeeze 2 teaspoons of juice out of a lemon.
- Add them in a glass of water with 1 tablespoon of raw, organic honey.
- Mix everything thoroughly and then drink this blend at once.
- Have 2-3 glasses of this drink every day in order to soothe the symptoms bothering you.
Papaya is a fruit that you can easily find. Aside from being affordable and readily available, it’s a fruit that you can consume on a daily basis in various shapes and forms. This makes it a cure that you can take daily in order to keep nausea at bay and to reap its health benefits. It truly is one of the best home remedies for pregnancy nausea. Naturally, you can simply include more papaya in your diet, but you can also try the approach enlisted below.
- Take a papaya and then mash it to a pasty consistency.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of honey and stir well until everything incorporates together.
- Consume this blend in small dosages whenever you are looking for an instant remedy to soothe nausea.
7. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is famous for its soothing properties, so no wonder it’s one of the most reliable home remedies for pregnancy nausea. A few hours after having sickness episodes, everyone is recommended to slowly sip on a cup of chamomile tea throughout the day. It’s going to bring relief to your stomach and make you feel better in a natural and steady manner. You can also use it later, after you give birth, as a remedy for your baby’s cradle cap.
- Take a cup of hot water and then add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile.
- Cover and steep for around 5 minutes.
- Strain and then add a little bit of honey and cinnamon powder according to personal taste.
- Drink this mixture 1 hour before bed every day.
8. Lavender Tea
Similarly to chamomile, lavender also has renowned soothing properties. Many use lavender essential oil for relaxation, so you can also expect for a cup of lavender tea to bring you the kind of relaxation that your stomach also needs. This plant is also successfully used in helping with panic attacks.
- Fill a cup with hot water and then add 2 teaspoons of dried lavender buds.
- Cover and steep for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Strain and add honey according to preference.
- Drink the mixture 2 or 3 times a day.
9. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is among the home remedies for pregnancy nausea that can give you some quick and immediate results. Sometimes all you need is to dip a handkerchief in a bit of the oil and to smell it whenever you’re feeling nauseous. For prolonged effects, you can also administer it orally so that its effects will be longer lasting.
- To 1-2 tablespoons of water, add 1-2 drops of eucalyptus oil so that you can dilute it.
- Using your hand or a soaked cloth, massage gently into your stomach for 2-3 minutes.
- Let it sit and naturally dry out.
- Repeat this process on a daily basis in order to get the results that you’re looking for.
10. Licorice Tea
Licorice has many excellent health benefits, one of them being its ability to soothe various sources of discomfort and to help you deal with a myriad of forms of nausea. Prepare some licorice root tea and sip it throughout the day in order to calm down the unpleasant battles in your stomach.
- Add 2 teaspoons of licorice root powder to 2 cups of boiling water.
- Let it steep for around 10 minutes and then strain.
- Drink this tea while it’s still warm and make it into a daily practice.
11. Clove Oil
Cloves are also home remedies for pregnancy nausea that you should hastily invest in. They’re easy to find and the fact that you can use either whole cloves or oil makes this treatment that much more accessible and easy to put in practice.
- Create a mixture using 4 drops of clove oil and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Blend everything together thoroughly.
- Consume this once a day until you’ve made a full recovery.
Blueberries are delicious and they’re very easy to include in your daily diet so that you can prevent morning sickness episodes and get rid of an already existing one. They have naturally calming compounds that can help you soothe the discomfort of pregnancy nausea in no time. Blueberries are also popular for being used when treating a urinary tract infection.
- Mix 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons of chia seeds and 1 1/2 cups of almond milk.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of raw honey.
- Put everything in the blender and create a healthy smoothie and consume it in the morning.
13. Cinnamon Powder
Cinnamon powder can actually do the opposite of soothing nausea, but that’s only if you chug down a spoonful of it. But with using our remedy below you will be able to fight your pregnancy nausea. When infused in some tea, cinnamon has soothing properties that can battle morning sickness and help you carry out your normal, daily tasks.
- Take 1 cup of pomegranate juice, add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Stir everything thoroughly to incorporate the ingredients in a mixture.
- Have this drink every day in the morning while eating breakfast.
- Keep this treatment up for the rest of the pregnancy.
Obviously, a little bit of pregnancy nausea really isn’t the worst thing that can happen to you. Plenty of women have struggled with it and will likely continue to do so for a long while. This is exactly why home remedies for pregnancy nausea are so efficient and reliable. We have been using them since the oldest times, back when we didn’t benefit from the wonders of professional medication. Which one of the above worked best for you?