Staph infection is a condition caused by a certain Staphylococcus bacteria, one responsible for many types of skin diseases and other ailments. Some of the afflictions that this particular bacteria causes are boils and impetigo, digestive problems, nausea, dehydration, or low blood pressure, among other conditions. In other words, a staph infection is a broad term that refers to all kinds of skin infections whose culprit is this one particular bacteria type. Luckily, you don’t need to resort to expensive over-the-counter treatments to get rid of it. With our home remedies for staph infection you can painlessly, cheaply, and effectively cure this troublesome condition.
Get rid of the bad symptoms with these home remedies for staph infection
Share this Image On Your Site
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties that make it a perfect treatment for most types of infections, this particular type included. It’s very easy to acquire and it’s a very helpful product that you will certainly find other future uses for.
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 1 part water.
- Stir everything together really well.
- Dip a cotton ball or pad in this mixture and apply directly onto the rash.
- Do this around 3 times a day.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Various studies have shown over time that tea tree oil is a reliable treatment against the effects of the staphylococcus bacteria responsible for the apparition of the staph infection. It actively fights against this particular bacteria kind, thus managing to help deal with this issue by ripping it out of its roots.
- Take a clean cotton swab and then moisten it slightly.
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil to the cotton swab.
- Gently dab on the affected area and then leave it on for a few minutes.
- Wash with cool and fresh water.
3. Manuka Honey
Manuka honey is a special kind of honey originating from New Zealand. Compared to the normal kind, it contains some extra antiseptic and antibacterial properties which make it fantastic for problems like a staph infection. It’s because of this that we consider it to be one of the most effective home remedies for skin staph infection.
- Slather some Manuka honey directly over the sensitive area.
- Wait for a few hours so that the honey can work its magic and sink into the skin.
- Wash off with warm water
- Repeat the process as many times as necessary.
4. Garlic Oil
Most people are aware of the strong antiseptic and antibacterial properties that garlic has, but not that many know it can be one of the best home remedies for staph infection around when in oil form. It’s the kind of item that can easily be found in any kitchen, so it will always be nearby when is benefits are needed.
- Sanitize and clean the area that the infection has spread over.
- Add some garlic oil over it using a cotton ball or cotton pad.
- Cover up using a bandage.
- Wait for a few hours before removing.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound that’s famous for how well it can help fend off inflammations and infections. As a result, it’s one of the best and most reliable home remedies for staph infection. Moreover, it’s also able to boost the immune system so that you can avoid future unpleasant events that involve bacteria.
- Boil 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in 4 cups of water.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes and then strain it.
- Apply this mixture to the affected area around 2-3 times a day.
6. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil actually has some pretty impressive antibacterial properties that can definitely help when trying to get rid of infections such as the staph kind. Moreover, studies from recent years have also unveiled that its compounds specifically target the bacteria behind the staph infection.
- Add 8-10 drops of oregano oil to 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply the solution to the affected area with a cotton pad or ball.
- Leave it on for a few hours and then clean with warm water.
- Repeat the same process around 2-3 times a day until there is an improvement.
7. Echinacea Oil
People have been using Echinacea as an effective treatment for rashes and infections since the oldest of times. Even today, it remains a fantastic alternative to other over-the-counter treatments or even other home remedies for staph infection of the same caliber. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties that can help hack away at the infection.
- Add 2-3 drops of Echinacea oil to a half-cup of water
- Heat up the solution and mix thoroughly
- Apply the warm mixture on the affected area.
8. Goldenseal Oil
Goldenseal is one of the few herbs that constitute home remedies for staph infection. It has deep antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. What’s most impressive, its compounds attack the staph-causing bacteria directly, thus getting rid of the problem right from the source.
- Boil 1 cup of water and add it to a container.
- Add in 1-2 teaspoons of goldenseal oil to the still-hot water.
- Use a cotton ball or pad and apply directly to the sensitive skin.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day until getting the desired effect.
9. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a combo that’s definitely worth considering. It contains plenty of acids, including the renowned lauric acid which infamously fights off infections like no other. Furthermore, coconut oil provides relaxation and relief to an infection-ridden skin, making it one of the best home remedies for skin staph infection around.
- Apply some coconut oil with a cotton ball directly to the sensitive skin area.
- Leave it on for a few hours.
- Wash it off and then repeat the process 2 to 3 times per day.
10. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is excellent for infections due to the powerful anti-inflammatory properties it possesses. It can soothe the various irritations and other side effects of the staph infection as well, so it creates the perfect blend of benefits. For this reason, we consider it one of the home remedies for staph infection that’s worth a mention on this list.
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to some olive oil.
- Apply directly over the sensitive patch of skin.
- Leave on for a few hours and then rinse off.
- Make sure to repeat the process 2-3 times every day.
11. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel has powerful anti-inflammatory properties which will surely help fight off the bacteria causing the staph infection. You can find witch hazel in pretty much any pharmacy, which is definitely very convenient when looking to quickly get rid of an unpleasant staph infection.
- Combine 1 part witch hazel with 1 part water to create a solution.
- Use a cotton pad or ball to dab against the infected area.
- Leave on for a few minutes and then rinse off using cool and fresh water.
Onion is yet again a common ingredient that everyone ha in their household. In fact, it might just be one of the most common additions to any kitchen. For this reason, it’s definitely one of the most accessible home remedies for staph infection that one could use. Onions are rich in antioxidants and other anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight against the bacteria causing this condition.
- Cut an onion in thick slices.
- Place the slices directly over the irritated skin.
- Secure it in place with a bandage.
- Remove the bandage and the onion slices after 4 hours.
- Repeat this process regularly until the irritation fades away.
Basil is refreshing and packed with compounds that can help in the fight against infections, including this particular kind. It’s an ingredient that can be commonly found in kitchens and that one can even easier procure when they don’t have some lying around.
- Extract the juice out of a handful of fresh basil leaves.
- Apply the juice directly to the irritated area.
- Consume 2-3 cups basil tea daily as an alternate method.
Staph infection is a condition that affects many people and it truly doesn’t discriminate when choosing who to affect. Its symptoms have a range that varies from being merely uncomfortable to being painful health hazards. There is no wonder that people suffering from this ailment are looking everywhere for the most effective treatments. We definitely recommend first trying out the above home remedies for staph infection before appealing to any over-the-counter remedies. Let us know in a comment below which remedy worked best for you!