Staph infection is a condition caused by a certain Staphylococcus bacteria, one responsible for many types of skin diseases and other ailments. Some of the afflictions that this particular bacteria causes are boils and impetigo, very troublesome and strangely common. The same bacteria can cause digestive problems, nausea, dehydration, or low blood pressure, among certain other conditions. In other words, staph infection is a broad term that refers to all kinds of skin infections whose culprit is this one particular bacteria type. Luckily, you don’t need to resort to expensive over-the-counter treatments to get rid of it. With the home remedies for staph infection, you’re about to read through next, you can painlessly, cheaply, and effectively cure this troublesome condition.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has strong anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that make it a perfect treatment for most types of infections, this particular type included. It’s very easy to acquire and it’s a product that you will certainly find other future uses for as well due to how helpful it is.
- Create a solution by mixing 1 part vinegar with 1 part water
- Stir everything together really well.
- Using a cotton ball or pad dipped in this mixture, apply directly onto the rash
- Do this around 3 times a day
2. Tea Tree Oil
Various studies have shown over time that tea tree oil is a reliable treatment against the effects of the staphylococcus bacteria responsible for the apparition of the staph infection. It actively fights against this particular bacteria kind, thus managing to help you deal with this issue by ripping it out of its roots.
- Take a clean cotton swab and then moisten it slightly.
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil to the cotton swab.
- Gently dab on the affected area and then leave it on for a few minutes.
- Afterward, wash with cool and fresh water.
3. Manuka Honey
Manuka honey is a special kind of honey originating from New Zealand. Compared to the normal kind, it contains some extra antiseptic and antibacterial properties which make it fantastic for problems like a staph infection. It’s because of this that we consider it to be one of the most effective home remedies for staph infection.
- Slather some Manuka honey directly over the sensitive area.
- Wait for a few hours so that the honey can work its magic and sink into the skin.
- Finally, wash off with warm water
- Make sure to repeat the process as many times as you need for you to get the results that you desire.
Most people are aware of the strong antiseptic and antibacterial properties that garlic has, but not that many know it can be one of the best home remedies for staph infection around. It’s the kind of item that you can easily find in any kitchen, so you will always have it nearby when you need some of its benefits.
- Firstly, properly sanitize and clean the area that the infection has spread over.
- Next, add some garlic oil over it using a cotton ball or cotton pad.
- Cover up using a bandage and then wait for a few hours before removing.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day until you start noticing improvements.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound that’s famous for how well it can help you fend off inflammations and inflections. As a result, it’s one of the best and most reliable home remedies for staph infection that you can find. Moreover, it’s also able to boost your immunity system so that you can avoid future unpleasant events that involve bacteria.
- Boil 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in 4 cups of water.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes, strain,
- Apply this mixture to the affected area around 2-3 times a day.
6. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil actually has some pretty impressive antiseptic properties that can definitely help when you’re trying to get rid of infections such as the staph kind. Moreover, studies from recent years have also unveiled that its compounds specifically target the bacteria behind the staph infection.
- You must first dilute the oregano oil before you can use it.
- In order to do that, add 8-10 drops of oregano oil to 2 tablespoons of any carrier oil of your choice, such as olive oil.
- Using a cotton pad or a cotton ball, apply the solution to the affected area.
- Leave it on for a few hours and then clean with warm water.
- Follow through with the same process around 2-3 times a day until you’re noticing an improvement.
People have been using Echinacea as an effective treatment for rashes and infections since the oldest of times. Even today, it remains a fantastic alternative to other over-the-counter treatments or even other home remedies for staph infection of the same caliber. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties that can help hack away at the infection.
- Add 2-3 drops of Echinacea oil to a half-cup of water
- Heat up the solution and mix thoroughly
- Apply the warm mixture on the affected area.
8. Goldenseal Oil
Goldenseal is one of the few herbs that constitute home remedies for staph infection. It has deep antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. What’s most impressive, its compounds attack the staph-causing bacteria directly, thus getting rid of your problem right from the source.
- Boil 1 cup of water and add it to a container of your choice.
- Add in 1-2 teaspoons of goldenseal oil to the still-hot water.
- Using a cotton ball or pad, apply directly to the sensitive skin.
- For the effects to kick in and for you to notice a visible improvement, repeat this process 2-3 times a day until you get the effect you desire.
9. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a combo that’s definitely worth considering. It contains plenty of acids, including the renowned lauric acid which infamously fights off infections like no other. Furthermore, coconut oil provides relaxation and relief to an infection-ridden skin, making it one of the best home remedies for staph infection around.
- Grab some coconut oil and, using a cotton ball or a cotton pad
- Apply directly to the sensitive skin area.
- Leave it on for a few hours, just enough for the oil to penetrate deep into the skin and nourish it properly.
- Wash it off afterward and then repeat the process 2-3 times a day until you get the effect you desire.
10. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is excellent for infections due to the powerful anti-inflammatory properties it possesses. It can soothe the various irritations and other side effects of the staph infection as well, so it creates the perfect blend of benefits. For this reason, we consider it one of the home remedies for staph infection that’s worth a mention on this list.
- Before using, you must dilute the eucalyptus oil. To do so, just add a few drops of the oil to a carrier oil such as olive or almond.
- Then, using a cotton pad or a cotton ball, apply directly over the sensitive patch of skin.
- Leave on for a few hours and then rinse off.
- Lastly, make sure to repeat the process 2-3 times a day to get the results you are looking for.
11. Witch Hazel
You can find witch hazel in pretty much any pharmacy, which is definitely very convenient when you have an unpleasant staph infection on your hands and you’re looking to get rid of it quickly. Witch hazel has powerful anti-inflammatory properties which will surely help fight off the bacteria causing the condition.
- Combine 1 part witch hazel with 1 part water to create a solution that you can easily apply to your areas in need.
- Using a cotton pad or ball that you’ve previously soaked in the solution, dab against the infected area.
- Leave on for a few minutes, letting the effects sink into the skin, and then rinse off using cool and fresh water.
Basil is refreshing and packed with compounds that can help in the fight against infections, including this particular kind. It’s an ingredient that you can really commonly find in kitchens and that you can even easier procure when you don’t have some lying around.
- The easy way to reap the benefits of this herb is to grab a handful of basil leaves and to extract the juice out of them. Then, you just need to apply the juice directly to the irritated area.
- Alternatively, you may also consume some basil tea, in portions of around 2-3 cups a day, in order to get a boost of health.
- You may also use basil oil for the same purpose.
Onion is yet again a common ingredient that you can easily find in your household. In fact, it might just be one of the most common additions to any kitchen. For this reason, it’s definitely one of the most accessible home remedies for staph infection that you could use. Onions are rich in antioxidants and other anti-inflammatory properties that can help you fight against the bacteria causing this condition.
- Cut an onion in thick slices.
- Then, place this slices directly over your boils or skin irritations and secure in place with a bandage.
- Remove the bandage and the onion slices after 4 hours, repeating this process regularly until your problem eventually fades away.
Staph infection is a condition that affects many people and it truly doesn’t discriminate when choosing who to affect. Its symptoms have a range that vary from being merely uncomfortable to being painful health hazards. There is no wonder that people suffering from this ailment are looking everywhere for the most effective treatments. We definitely recommend first trying out the home remedies for staph infection you’ve just read about before appealing to any over-the-counter remedies. Not only are they healthier and safer, but they also tend to be more reliable.