Staph infection is a condition caused by a certain Staphylococcus bacteria, one responsible for many types of skin diseases and other ailments. Some of the afflictions that this particular bacteria causes are boils and impetigo, digestive problems, nausea, dehydration, or low blood pressure, among other conditions. In other words, a staph infection is a broad term that refers to all kinds of skin infections whose culprit is this one particular bacteria type. Luckily, you don’t need to resort to expensive over-the-counter treatments to get rid of it. With our home remedies for staph infection you can painlessly, cheaply, and effectively cure this troublesome condition.
Get rid of the bad symptoms with these home remedies for staph infection
Share this Image On Your Site
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rich in enzymes & potassium.
- Support a healthy immune system.
- Promotes digestion & ph Balance.
- Relieves muscle pain from exercise
- Soothes irritated skin.
Apple cider vinegar has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties that make it a perfect treatment for most types of infections, this particular type included. It’s very easy to acquire and it’s a very helpful product that you will certainly find other future uses for.
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 1 part water.
- Stir everything together really well.
- Dip a cotton ball or pad in this mixture and apply directly onto the rash.
- Do this around 3 times a day.
2. Tea Tree Oil
- Del Mar Naturals Pure and Natural Tea Tree Essential Oil; non-toxic; no additives; unfiltered and undiluted with no fillers
- Tea Tree Oil is extracted by steam distillation from the leaves of the plant, Melaleuca alternifolia. Tea tree oil is an extremely popular oil used in a variety of skin and cosmetic products including soaps, creams, lotions, and deodorants
- SAFETY WARNING: For external use only. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Dilute with a carrier oil such as argan, almond, or coconut oil before applying to skin. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before use
- Tea tree essential oil blends well with cinnamon, clary sage, clove, geranium, lavender, lemon, myrrh, nutmeg, rosewood, rosemary and thyme oils
- In amber glass bottle with a glass dropper
Various studies have shown over time that tea tree oil is a reliable treatment against the effects of the staphylococcus bacteria responsible for the apparition of the staph infection. It actively fights against this particular bacteria kind, thus managing to help deal with this issue by ripping it out of its roots.
- Take a clean cotton swab and then moisten it slightly.
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil to the cotton swab.
- Gently dab on the affected area and then leave it on for a few minutes.
- Wash with cool and fresh water.
3. Manuka Honey
- Comvita Certified UMF 15+ Super Premium Manuka Honey (MGO 514), comes from the nectar of the Manuka flower in the pristine forests of New Zealand. Traceable from hive to shelf, each BPA-free jar of creamed Comvita Manuka Honey is non-GMO, Halal, and Kosher certified.
- CERTIFIED UMF - THE GOLD STANDARD Every batch of Comvita Manuka Honey is independently tested by the UMF Honey Association. Only UMF measures the three signature compounds (Leptosperin, MGO and DHA) found in genuine Manuka Honey. Note that Manuka Honey brands labeled as "Active", "Bio-Active", "15+" (without UMF), or "KFactor" don't comply to the same level of quality standards.
- BENEFITS & USES Manuka Honey is known to support digestive and immune health and help soothe coughs and sore throats. Ways to use Manuka: Enjoy a delicious spoonful in the morning or before a workout as a natural energy source. Add to your tea, toast, yogurt, or smoothie as a superfood. Use as a DIY face mask as part of your daily beauty routine.
- STORAGE : Please store upright below 77 degrees Fahrenheit or 25 degree celsius
- COMVITA HERITAGE From humble beginnings in 1974, and now with over four decades of perfecting our beekeeping craft, we are proud to be the trusted leader in Manuka Honey. We have over 40,000 hives and are committed to growing relationships with our beekeepers. We give back to the community through the Trees for Bees research program and many other sustainability initiatives.
Manuka honey is a special kind of honey originating from New Zealand. Compared to the normal kind, it contains some extra antiseptic and antibacterial properties which make it fantastic for problems like a staph infection. It’s because of this that we consider it to be one of the most effective home remedies for skin staph infection.
- Slather some Manuka honey directly over the sensitive area.
- Wait for a few hours so that the honey can work its magic and sink into the skin.
- Wash off with warm water
- Repeat the process as many times as necessary.
4. Garlic Oil
- GARLIC OIL PREMIUM QUALITY: 100% Pure, Non-Toxic, No Additives, Unfiltered and Undiluted with No Fillers. Vegan certified, organic, paraben free and cruelty free. Safe for family and home use.
- FREE E-BOOK QUICK START GUIDE (worth $37): Exclusive access to Biofinest comprehensive essential oil guide "100 Ways To Use Essential Oil". Printable and beginner friendly. Make blends with your favourite essential oils, and enjoy home aromatherapy today!
- IDEAL FOR HOME & FAMILY: Aromatherapy, Gift, Custom Massage and Body Oils, Vaporizers, Diffusers, Oil Burners, Humidifiers Inhalation, Perfume, Blends, Spa and Home Care, Cleaning Products, allergen-free alternative to candles or incense Uses.
- 100% BEST VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY: Comes with premium euro dropper cap for easy dispensing. Packaged in USA with Sealed Amber Bottle. No Leakage or Dripping. We are eco-friendly USA company who stand behind our brand. Try our products risk-free with 100% money back guarantee.
- 100+ BESTSELLERS: Basil, Bergamot, Cinnamon, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove Leaf, Coriander, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Green Tea, Jasmine, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lily Flower, Mandarin, Marjoram, Myrrh, Neroli, Orange, Oregano, Patchouli, Peppermint, Pine, Roman Chamomile, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Spearmint, Tea Tree, Thyme, Vetiver, Wintergreen, Ylang Ylang, Aloe Vera, Argan, Coconut, Evening Primrose, Flaxseed, Grapeseed, Jojoba, Pomegranate seed
Most people are aware of the strong antiseptic and antibacterial properties that garlic has, but not that many know it can be one of the best home remedies for staph infection around when in oil form. It’s the kind of item that can easily be found in any kitchen, so it will always be nearby when is benefits are needed.
- Sanitize and clean the area that the infection has spread over.
- Add some garlic oil over it using a cotton ball or cotton pad.
- Cover up using a bandage.
- Wait for a few hours before removing.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound that’s famous for how well it can help fend off inflammations and infections. As a result, it’s one of the best and most reliable home remedies for staph infection. Moreover, it’s also able to boost the immune system so that you can avoid future unpleasant events that involve bacteria.
- Boil 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in 4 cups of water.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes and then strain it.
- Apply this mixture to the affected area around 2-3 times a day.
6. Oregano Oil
- HIGH QUALITY OREGANO OIL: 100% pure, gentle, and effective natural oregano oil from a non-GMO source. No toxins or additives. Unfiltered and undiluted. Therapeutic grade. Steam-distilled. Packaged & bottled in the USA.
- MADE WITH LOVE: UpNature was founded by two brothers with a vision to provide 100% all natural products, for easy, effective, & natural solutions for health & well-being, so everybody can live happier and healthier lives.
- FIGHT COLDS: A soothing oil to keep you healthy all year round.
- SOOTHE SORE THROATS: Stop your cough before it starts!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We offer a full 100% 365 days money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with UpNature Oregano Oil, we will refund your entire purchase.
Oregano oil actually has some pretty impressive antibacterial properties that can definitely help when trying to get rid of infections such as the staph kind. Moreover, studies from recent years have also unveiled that its compounds specifically target the bacteria behind the staph infection.
- Add 8-10 drops of oregano oil to 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply the solution to the affected area with a cotton pad or ball.
- Leave it on for a few hours and then clean with warm water.
- Repeat the same process around 2-3 times a day until there is an improvement.
7. Echinacea Oil
- Liquid herbal extract to support healthy function of the body's immune system*
- Easily absorbed alcohol-free liquid engages taste and smell to help body recognize & use herbs ingested. Not hidden in a capsule from the pre-digestive senses
- Extracted in small batches from the certified organic root of Echinacea purpurea plants grown on Herb Pharm's own southern Oregon farm
- Alcohol-free, vegan, non-GMO, & gluten-free. Herb identity assured via HPTLC fingerprinting and other methods specific to each herb
- This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
People have been using Echinacea as an effective treatment for rashes and infections since the oldest of times. Even today, it remains a fantastic alternative to other over-the-counter treatments or even other home remedies for staph infection of the same caliber. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties that can help hack away at the infection.
- Add 2-3 drops of Echinacea oil to a half-cup of water
- Heat up the solution and mix thoroughly
- Apply the warm mixture on the affected area.
8. Goldenseal Oil
- Powerful Immune Support coming directly from Pure Goldenseal Root Extract
- 500 mg per dosage
- Fast Absorption
Goldenseal is one of the few herbs that constitute home remedies for staph infection. It has deep antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. What’s most impressive, its compounds attack the staph-causing bacteria directly, thus getting rid of the problem right from the source.
- Boil 1 cup of water and add it to a container.
- Add in 1-2 teaspoons of goldenseal oil to the still-hot water.
- Use a cotton ball or pad and apply directly to the sensitive skin.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day until getting the desired effect.
9. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a combo that’s definitely worth considering. It contains plenty of acids, including the renowned lauric acid which infamously fights off infections like no other. Furthermore, coconut oil provides relaxation and relief to an infection-ridden skin, making it one of the best home remedies for skin staph infection around.
- GIVE BACK - Your purchase will help feed 250 kids three days a week through our Carrington Cares program. These children are a part of the local Philippine community where we source our pure organic coconut oil.
- AMAZING QUALITY - Carrington Farms 54 oz. (ounce) organic, unrefined, cold pressed, gluten free, virgin coconut oil starts with only the most pristine coconuts from the Philippines.
- INCREDIBLY VERSATILE - Our coconuts are from the perfect growing climate and produce an oil with a light, clean taste that is perfect for sautéing vegetables, baking or to add to smoothies. Also, Carrington Farms organic pure coconut oil is great for the skin and hair.
- NUTRIENT DENSE - Every package of Carrington Farms is organic, unrefined, and cold pressed to preserve MCTs and other nutrients.
- UNPARALLELED STANDARDS - Our coconut oil adheres to only the highest quality standards by passing all supplement grade testing, more than is needed for the food industry. We filter our oil 4 times before it arrives at your door.
- Apply some coconut oil with a cotton ball directly to the sensitive skin area.
- Leave it on for a few hours.
- Wash it off and then repeat the process 2 to 3 times per day.
10. Eucalyptus Oil
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT EUCALYPTUS OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- DON'T FALL VICTIM TO CHEAP DILUTED EUCALYPTUS OIL - Most of the Competition Dilute Their Oil with a Cheap Carrier Oil or Even Other Potentially Dangerous Chemicals. Our Eucalyptus Oil is Routinely Tested for Purity And Other Unique Qualities in Order to Ensure You Are Buying The Purest Oil Available.
- MOST 4 OUNCE EUCALYPTUS OILS CONTAIN LESS THAN 1/3 OF NATURAL OIL - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% Oil, However it's usually only 1/3 of the Natural Oil and 2/3 Carrier Oil. BEWARE OF LARGE SIZE BOTTLES & UNREALISTICALLY LOW PRICES.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLES PLUS FREE GLASS DROPPER - We use high quality glass infused with a uv colored coating to protect essential oils against sunlight and degradation. We also provide a free glass dropper to help you easily use just a few drops of oil at a time.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE - The manufacturer, Artizen Essential Oils, offers a lifetime warranty and guarantee on their product. If you are ever unsatisfied for any reason they will replace your product or refund your money. And they stand behind and guarantee the purity of their oils.
Eucalyptus oil is excellent for infections due to the powerful anti-inflammatory properties it possesses. It can soothe the various irritations and other side effects of the staph infection as well, so it creates the perfect blend of benefits. For this reason, we consider it one of the home remedies for staph infection that’s worth a mention on this list.
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to some olive oil.
- Apply directly over the sensitive patch of skin.
- Leave on for a few hours and then rinse off.
- Make sure to repeat the process 2-3 times every day.
11. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel has powerful anti-inflammatory properties which will surely help fight off the bacteria causing the staph infection. You can find witch hazel in pretty much any pharmacy, which is definitely very convenient when looking to quickly get rid of an unpleasant staph infection.
- Combine 1 part witch hazel with 1 part water to create a solution.
- Use a cotton pad or ball to dab against the infected area.
- Leave on for a few minutes and then rinse off using cool and fresh water.
Onion is yet again a common ingredient that everyone ha in their household. In fact, it might just be one of the most common additions to any kitchen. For this reason, it’s definitely one of the most accessible home remedies for staph infection that one could use. Onions are rich in antioxidants and other anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight against the bacteria causing this condition.
- Great Taste In Salads
- Great to Fry With Other Vegetables
- Excellent to Bake With Pizza
- Adds Very Nice Color wWth Other Vegetables
- Cut an onion in thick slices.
- Place the slices directly over the irritated skin.
- Secure it in place with a bandage.
- Remove the bandage and the onion slices after 4 hours.
- Repeat this process regularly until the irritation fades away.
- Fresh Herb grown in Hawaii
- Used in Chinese, Vietnamese, and Thai food
- Noodle Soups, curries
- Grill Meats
Basil is refreshing and packed with compounds that can help in the fight against infections, including this particular kind. It’s an ingredient that can be commonly found in kitchens and that one can even easier procure when they don’t have some lying around.
- Extract the juice out of a handful of fresh basil leaves.
- Apply the juice directly to the irritated area.
- Consume 2-3 cups basil tea daily as an alternate method.
Staph infection is a condition that affects many people and it truly doesn’t discriminate when choosing who to affect. Its symptoms have a range that varies from being merely uncomfortable to being painful health hazards. There is no wonder that people suffering from this ailment are looking everywhere for the most effective treatments. We definitely recommend first trying out the above home remedies for staph infection before appealing to any over-the-counter remedies. Let us know in a comment below which remedy worked best for you!