A number of factors that you can easily stumble upon in our modern world can contribute to hair loss. It’s truly not an uncommon issue, which is definitely bad news to anyone who wishes their mane can be glorious and shiny. Finding strands of hair scattered around random places of the house and knowing that it’s gradually leaving your head is no pleasant feeling. Hair loss happens for many reasons, including hormonal imbalances or great stress. Either way, set aside those OTC prescriptions. We’re about to present to you some fantastic home remedies for thinning hair which will make you forget you’ve even had this problem in the first place.
Eggs are rich in protein, which is something that your hair desperately needs to thrive and to grow beautiful and resistant. Fortunately, eggs also make it very easy to transfer said protein into your strands and nourish them from the inside-out. Follow the next steps to prepare your very own egg-based treatment with zero dangers and possible complications.
- Acquire 1-2 eggs, depending on how long your hair is, and then beat thoroughly.
- Apply the eggs directly to your wet hair and let this mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse using lukewarm water and then proceed to shampoo as normally.
- Follow through with this treatment once or twice a week.
Everybody knows that avocado is fantastic for your health period. But did you know that it can also do some wonderful things for your hair too? Because of the vitamin E in its composition, as well as other certain nutrients, it can add moisture and volume to your hair, keeping it thick and healthy.
- Take 1 ripe avocado and then mash it.
- Combine with 1 mashed banana and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Massage this mixture directly into your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Once the paste has worked its magic and your scalp has absorbed all of the nutrients, rinse out with lukewarm water and shampoo as per usual.
- Repeat this treatment 1-2 times a week for the effects to really set in.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a deeply moisturizing agent which will add glow and softness to your tresses. Furthermore, it’s also one of the greatest home remedies for thinning hair readily available on the market. You can easily acquire it and a simple application will add body to your hair and help you deal with this issue.
- Pour a little bit of olive oil and then heat it up slightly. Wait for it to become cool enough to come in contact with your skin without discomfort.
- Massage directly into the scalp and then leave on for around 30 minutes.
- Rinse out thoroughly, making sure to not leave any traces in since that could make your hair really greasy.
- Next, shampoo using a mild product.
- If you want better effects and have the patience, you can also apply a shower cap over your head and leave the olive oil in overnight, shampooing in the morning.
4. Castor Oil
Castor oil has some excellent properties that promote healthy hair and its growth. It has a texture with high viscosity that manages to coat your strands in a protective layer which can inhibit its fall. Furthermore, it also is rich in various fats and vitamin E, which are all excellent for strengthening your hair.
- Since castor oil by itself tends to be a bit too thick for usage, you should heat 1 part castor oil with 1 part coconut oil to create a paste that you can easily apply directly to your hair.
- Apply directly to scalp and hair and then massage in circular motions.
- Next, also run a comb through your hair to make the mixture spread evenly throughout and to also remove tangles.
- Moisten a towel with a bit of warm water and then cover your head with it.
- Leave on for 1 hour and then take off, rinsing thoroughly and shampooing as per usual.
- We recommend repeating this treatment regularly, at least once a week.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a potent natural alternative to all kinds of medicine that claims to be helping you with the restoration of hair growth. It has great soothing properties, sure, but it’s also one of the home remedies for thinning hair that you should totally get your hands on and use as a quick and simple treatment to keep your tresses thick and healthy.
- Acquire 1-2 aloe vera leaves and then extract the gel from them.
- Keep on your hair for 30 minutes and then rinse using lukewarm water.
- For the effects to stick and for your hair to become pretty and healthy in the long run, repeat this treatment once or twice a week from now on.
6. Henna Leaves
There are several reasons why henna leaves are the kind of treatment that you need in your life in order to make your hair better looking and healthier. For starters, it really helps enrich your hair color, whether it’s natural or the result of some dye. Not only will it add volume to your tresses, but it will also preserve your hair color. It’s the kind of routine you really want to adopt as soon as possible.
- Take a handful of henna leaves and then grind them, adding in a little bit of water to create a pasty mixture.
- Wait for 2 hours so that everything incorporates properly and only then spread directly through your hair.
- Put a shower cap on and leave the paste on your scalp for a few hours.
- Afterwards, rinse thoroughly with water and shampoo as per usual.
- Repeat this process regularly to see some palpable results.
Amla is a really interesting fruit that could potentially change your life. It’s rich in plenty of nutrients that can nourish your scalp and contribute to better hair growth. But what makes it one of the most spectacular home remedies for thinning hair is actually the fact that it’s packed with vitamin C. Vitamin C strengthens collagen in your skin, which in turn is going to ensure the growth of thicker hair.
- Combine 1 part amla juice with 1 part lemon juice into a solution.
- Spread the mixture through your hair working from the roots to the tips.
- Once you’ve covered your scalp, leave it on long enough to dry out.
- Finally, clean your hair with lukewarm water.
- Repeat these steps as many times as you need to see results.
8. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds can do so much for your hair, starting with putting a halt to various common issues such as dryness and dandruff. But, of course, their main gist is the fact that they’re excellent home remedies for thinning hair. They will help your hair grow longer and thicker by getting rid of dandruff and dryness, primary obstacles.
- Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in 1/2 cup of water and leave them there overnight.
- Next morning, blend the seeds with the water that you’ve soaked them in until you get a thick paste.
- Spread all over your scalp and through your hair.
- Afterwards, wait for 30 minutes and then rinse off with cool water, shampooing as per usual.
- Undergo this treatment regularly for your hair to become stronger and prettier.
9. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very nourishing and contains many beneficial fats. It can do so many other things for your mane. For starters, it can keep at bay certain common issues such as dryness. This is because coconut oil is deeply moisturizing and when your scalp has enough moisture, that warrants for healthy hair growth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a microwave-friendly container.
- Work with your fingertips to massage the coconut oil into your scalp for roughly 15 minutes.
- Once you finished that, apply the coconut oil to the rest of your hair as well, leaving it in for 30 extra minutes.
- When the time is up, rinse with water and then shampoo as normally.
10. Green Tea
Green tea is a source of antioxidants that you really need to be able to have beautiful and healthy hair. Applied topically to your tresses, it becomes one of the most reliable home remedies for thinning hair. And this is because green tea fights the direct source of hair loss, thus managing to prevent it.
- All you have to do to prepare this treatment is brew a cup of green tea.
- Then, pour it through your hair, ensuring that you’ve soaked every strand.
- Leave the mixture in your hair for 1 hour and then rinse out with warm water and shampoo as normally.
11. Onion Juice
Onions have a plethora of beneficial properties that can make them contribute to the bettering of your health. But, above all, onion juice is one of the best home remedies for thinning hair that you could possibly use. Onions contain certain compounds that make them able to halt hair loss and stimulate the growth of dormant follicles as well. In other words, it’s a remedy that you do not want to miss out on.
- Peel 1 onion and then cut it into small pieces.
- Using a food processor, puree the onion and then extract the juice using a washcloth.
- Gently massage the juice into your scalp for 5 minutes.
- Next, leave on for an additional 10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and repeat regularly.
12. Witch Hazel
Sometimes excess dandruff and oiliness can contribute to hair loss. If this is your case, you should consider using witch hazel as your treatment. It has strong properties that fight against both of these.
- Using a cotton pad, apply some witch hazel directly to your scalp.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse off using lukewarm water.
The fear of going bald or having thin and lifeless hair should stay just that: a fear. With either of the previous home remedies for thinning hair, you’ll be able to do much more than add some newfound volume to your tresses. Which of these treatments have you tried before? Do you have a favorite that’s not on the list? Let us know!