Vaginal yeast infection, scientifically regarded as vulvovaginal candidiasis, is more common than most women think. Around 75% of women experience a vaginal yeast infection at least once throughout their life. And about half have 2 or more cases in their lifetime. But there is no need to worry, this condition can be soothed with home remedies for vaginal yeast infection that contain bacteria-fighting properties. See below what you need to do in order to get healthy natural relief.
Our natural home remedies for vaginal yeast infection will help you feel better soon
Share this Image On Your Site
Widely regarded as the most popular home remedy for vaginal yeast infection, garlic is used by women all around the world to treat this condition. Garlic for yeast infection works thanks to its antibacterial, antibiotic and antifungal benefits.
- Cut ½ a clove of garlic.
- Place it directly into the vagina and leave while you sleep.
- Remove it in the morning.
- Use a garlic capsule as an alternative or swallow it as a regular supplement.
2. Oregano Oil
- OVVIO OREGANO ESSENTIAL OIL (Origanum Vulgare) comes from key oil producing regions in Turkey from farmers who harvest the crop when the time is optimum for extraction of oil. The farmers come with generations of experience growing the absolute top grade Oregano. Our Essential Oils stand apart by using only a premium quality, potent, and pure plant sources from all over the world
- POTENTIAL BENEFITS AND USES: Oregano Oil has many uses and potential benefits. It's been used for centuries as a natural Holistic Medicine and Aromatherapy Oil. Oregano essential oil can be used as natural ally for you. It can help with respiratory ailments, and also provide relief from allergy symptoms
- PURE 100% EXTRACTS - NO DILUTION: You and your family deserve genuine, undiluted oils. There are many oils on the market, so how do you know the difference? Many oils claim to be premium, therapeutic, and aromatherapy grade, but are actually mass produced, diluted, industrial oils. We spend the extra time searching the globe to bring you the absolute best quality oils
- QUALITY OIL YOU CAN COUNT ON: We evaluate a variety of factors when sourcing oils, like ensuring the optimal climate, good harvesting practices, excellent soil conditions, proven distillation practices, and sound storage methods. The result is the absolute best quality grade, potency, and pure essential oils you can buy
- EXPERIENCE ALL OF OUR ESSENTIAL OILS: We expertly craft a number of proprietary blends as well as offer other single oils that will serve all of your aromatherapy needs. Some of our most popular blends include: Inhale (Respiratory), Slumber (Rest and Recovery), Unwind (Stress Relief), Enhance (Mood Lifting), and Thief Plus (Germ Protection). Popular Single Oils include: Lavender, Sweet Orange, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, and Rosemary. Search for Ovvio Oils to see them all
Oregano is one of the most effective home remedies for vaginal yeast infections owing to its carvacrol content. This substance gives the oil strong anti-yeast and antifungal properties that help your body overcome the infection. You can use oregano oil either topically or internally to treat a yeast infection at home.
- Add 7-8 drops of oregano oil in a capsule.
- Consume 1 capsule after every meal (2 or 3 times a day).
- Repeat until yeast infection clears (for 2-3 weeks).
- Dilute 4-5 drops of oregano oil in an equal amount of olive oil for a topical alternative.
- Apply directly to the area that has been affected.
- Repeat the remedy daily for 2-3 weeks.
3. Aloe Vera
- Fairview Orchards 100% Certified Organic Fresh Aloe Vera Leaves
- Harvested and hand packed on our farm within 24 hours of shipping
- USDA Certified Organic - Grown in California
- Satisfaction Guaranteed. If you are not happy with the product just let us know.
- Each order contains 2 leaves which weigh approximately 1 pound each.
If you want to learn how to get rid of yeast infection naturally fast, you should take a look at the benefits aloe vera offers. Among its 75 active ingredients, we can detect amino acids, saponins, enzymes, folic acid and vitamins like A, B12, C or E. All of these combined work to reduce the inflammation associated with yeast infection.
- Cut open a leaf from an aloe vera plant.
- Extract the gel or juice inside.
- Soak a cotton pad in the gel.
- Apply directly to the infected area.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
The probiotics in plain, white yogurt make it one of the most trustworthy home remedies for vaginal yeast infection. To put it shortly, probiotics are the ‘good bacteria’ found in fermented foods that prevent the extension of the infection. In yogurt, the main ‘good bacterium’ is lactobacillus acidophilus.
- Use 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt and apply directly around the infected region.
- Wait for 1 hour before rinsing.
- Consume more of this plain yogurt as part of your diet to boost its effects.
Cranberry home remedies for vaginal yeast infection come in 2 forms: juice or capsules. The bacteria-fighting active ingredient – proanthocyanidin – is reportedly only in the tablets, but drinking plain cranberry juice also helps.
- 25,000mg Cranberry Equivalent Per Serving
- Also Contains Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- 120 Veggie Capsules Per Bottle
- Gluten Free
- Made in the USA
- Take cranberry capsules 2-3 times on a daily basis.
- Drink cranberry juice (plain, unsweetened) 3-4 times a day as an alternative.
6. Tea Tree Oil
- Supreme Quality Essential Tea tree Oil - This Pharmaceutical Caliber Australia Tea Tree Essential Oil is 100% pure, natural, unadulterated and untainted just to keep the efficacy most intact. A purified product of steam distilled fresh leaves. Non-Toxin, No Additives, No Preservatives, Unfiltered and Undiluted with no Fillers and No artificial ingredients added. Therapeutic Grade. Bottled in USA.
- A Large Size 4 Oz. Bottle Available With A Glass Dropper - For individual use most essential oils are sold in 5ml, 10ml or 15ml sizes even if they do come in a large size not many are available with a Glass Dropper. Our apical quality glass dropper makes the dosage simple and easy for the user and prevents leakage or dripping.
- Powerful Cleanser, Purifier & Rejuvenating Oil: It is a versatile essential oil.
- Aromatic And Feel Euphoric - Exhaustion, drowsiness and irritability are recurring result of various factors that cannot be easily identified and unbearable. Free your mind, relax and feel serene with the delightful smell of Tea Tree. Prominent aromatherapy experts advocate storing essential oils in a refrigerated environment if not at least in a cool place.
- Experience The Result Or Money Back - We stand behind our products with 100% Guarantee policy. Try it and if you are not fully satisfied we will refund your money!
Even though it isn’t its primary active ingredient, the anti-inflammatory cineole can be found in tea tree oil. In addition to this, tea tree oil also contains antifungal and antibacterial properties that fight yeast infection. Use tea tree oil only when diluted.
- Dilute 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply to the area that’s infected.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil with 1 cup of water for a douche alternative.
*Tea tree oil for yeast infection should not be used by women during pregnancy.
7. Hydrogen Peroxide
You can also try making a douche from hydrogen peroxide. As one of the home remedies for a vaginal yeast infection, hydrogen peroxide words by disinfecting the area and eliminating irritants. Make sure that you use distilled water for this at home remedy for yeast infections.
- Combine equal amounts of hydrogen peroxide (3%) and distilled water.
- Douche with the substance 2 times a day for 4 days.
- Continue using once a day until the infection subsides.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Using apple cider vinegar for yeast infection is well-known among home remedy enthusiasts. The yeast infection home remedy vinegar provides works by balancing the pH level of the vagina. This not only naturally treats the infection, but also prevents its reappearance.
- Run a bath and add 2 cups of raw apple cider vinegar.
- Soak in this bath for 15 minutes.
- Dry your skin well when you’re done.
- Repeat once a day for 3 days to see the results you desire.
9. Coconut Oil
- NATURALLY EXTRACTED and NUTRIENT DENSE: Nutiva's all-natural cold press extraction process yields a pure, light-tasting, nutrient-rich oil containing 63% medium chain triglycerides and 50% lauric acid without the use of dangerous and harmful chemicals, hexane, or heat.
- PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is an ideal addition to vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
- HEALTH AND BEAUTY: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil has natural moisturizing and deep conditioning properties, making it an invaluable part of every body care regimen.
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Nutiva partners with organic farmers to source the world's finest fresh, organic virgin coconuts and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet.
- EASY TO USE PACKAGING: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is packaged in safe, convenient, BPA-free packaging.
As part of its medicinal properties, coconut oil for yeast infection is effective owing to its antifungal benefits. Even more so, you can keep some coconut oil on hand for other unexpected issues, such as dandruff, eczema or even tooth pain.
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil, or as much as you need to cover the infection.
- Coat the affected area with the oil.
- Repeat 3 times every day.
Rosemary is also part of the herbal home remedies for vaginal yeast infection you can try. In addition to its carnosic acid content, which also aids in eye health and free radical damage, rosemary is a potent anti-inflammatory agent that can be used for battling a yeast infection.
- Dry rosemary is an aromatic herb whose fragrant yet earthy flavor and versatility make it a pantry staple!
- Used in a variety of dishes, dry rosemary is perfect for lamb and salmon, as well as in soups and breads.
- Dry rosemary is high in iron, calcium, and Vitamin B6.
- Better Than Anything in the Store
- Rosemary is an aromatic herb that has a long history of both culinary and medicinal use.
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add 1 sprig if you have fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- Steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Wait until it cools.
- Use it as a douche or apply directly to the area with infection.
*Pregnant women should not use rosemary without consulting their doctor beforehand.
11. Calendula Leaves
- Calendula flower petals have a cosmetic use. They can be infused into oils to make soaps, lotions, shampoos and more.
- Calendula flower petals are a soothing, healing botanical that have been used for centuries to treat wounds, cuts and abrasions. They can be infused into an oil to make salves to treat wounds, rashes, chapped lips and diaper rash.
- These petals can also be steeped in hot water to create a calendula tea which can help sooth a sore throat or mouth.
- Calendula flower petals are a soothing, healing botanical that have been used for centuries to treat wounds, cuts and abrasions.
- Other common names for Calendula Flowers are: Golds, Ruddes, Mary Gowles, Oculus Christi, Pot Marigold, Marygold, Fiore d'ogni mese, Solis Sponsa, Gold-bloom, Marigold, Marybud
Research points out that calendula contains powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties. Fresh calendula leaves are preferred as a home remedy for yeast infection, but you can also use an ointment for topical application.
- Remove 2-3 calendula leaves from a plant.
- Crush them and apply directly to the affected area.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times daily.
12. Boric Acid
- HIGHEST QUALITY - Only pharmaceutical grade boric acid powder is used, and produced in a FDA & GMP certified facility. Hundreds of doctors offices and pharmacies across the US and Europe stock BoriCap for their patients.
- #1 MEDICAL GRADE - No sand-like fillers are used in BoriCap, and our capsules do not contain any colors.
- PROTECTION - BoriCap features a child resistant closure, for you and your family's safety.
- CONVENIENT - Usage suggestions included from our in-house Gynecologist.
- 100% GUARANTEED - If you are unhappy with your purchase, simply contact us for a refund.
As one of the potent home remedies for vaginal yeast infection, boric acids prevents the expansion of Candida albicans, the bacteria causing the infection. It’s a natural antiseptic and antifungal agent that combats the infection effectively.
- Fill 1 gelatin capsule with boric acid.
- Apply as a suppository.
- Repeat daily for 1 week.
*Do not use boric acid if you are pregnant.
- Fresh, green aroma with a hint of sweet licorice
- Member of the mint family
- McCormick Basil Leaves are gently dried for flavor, color and aroma
- Sweet flavor blends well with garlic and tomatoes
- Non GMO
As far as herbal home remedies for vaginal yeast infection are concerned, basil provides the necessary antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties for relief. The active ingredient in basil, eugenol, plays a major role in supplying these health benefits.
- Boil 3 glasses of water.
- Grind basil leaves until you get 1 ¼ teaspoon.
- Remove the water from your stove and add the basil.
- Allow it to steep for half an hour.
- Use it for gargling once chilled.
Another herbal home remedy for vaginal yeast infection you can count on is thyme. Even though its effects aren’t immediate, thyme tea can be consumed for relatively long-term effects. The main substance in thyme, thymol, acts as an antiseptic for infections.
- Distinctively warm, slightly minty flavor
- Add visual appeal to meats
- Brought to you by McCormick Culinary, the premium quality brand that delivers consistent, pure flavor
- Tailored for culinary professionals, helping to inspire menus
- Use in soups, meats, dressings, marinades, vegetables, and fish
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Drink and repeat 3 times a day.
15. Olive Leaf Extract
- 25% OLEUROPEIN - Super-strength 500mg Per Capsule (not "per serving") of the major olive leaf extract polyphenol. All 500mg is standardized to 25%.
- 20% HYDROXYTYROSOL COMPLEX - 25mg standardized for other active polyphenols found in extra virgin olive oil, such as Hydroxytyrosol and Tyrosol.
- AUTHENTIC - Made from true Mediterranean olive trees (Olea Europaea), 100% grown and extracted in Spain. Almost every other supplement brand uses cheap Chinese olive leaf, often from a completely different plant (Canarium Album) and mislabeled as Olea Europaea.
- SUPER-STRENGTH - As much natural polyphenol per capsule as 1/3 liter extra virgin olive oil. Supports cardiovascular health, immunity, Mediterranean diet benefits, bacterial, viral, fungal and yeast defense.
- PREMIUM SOURCE - Harvested on family-run Spanish olive farms. Processed in Spain using traditional extraction (no chemicals). Made by Island Nutrition, maker of premium supplements since 1995.
To wrap up our home remedies for vaginal yeast infection, we want to introduce you to the benefits of olive leaf extract for fighting this issue. It supports the ‘good bacteria’ in the body and also provides anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antifungal benefits, not to mention its antioxidant content. This is yet another yeast infection remedy that isn’t immediate, but quite effective.
- Crush 2-3 olive leaves.
- Place them in a jar.
- Pour vodka into the jar until it covers the leaves.
- Place a lid on the jar.
- Store in a place with no sunlight for 1 month (4 weeks).
- Open, strain and coat the infected area with the extract.
- Repeat 3 times daily.
In summary, home remedies for vaginal yeast infection are diverse and accessible. However, this isn’t a condition to be played around with. You should seek medical attention as soon as possible if you find that several of these remedies didn’t work. Moreover, you can ask your doctor about what home remedies for vaginal yeast infections would be appropriate for you. Have you tried any of these methods? Do let us know all about it in the comment section below!