Vaginal yeast infection, scientifically regarded as vulvovaginal candidiasis, is more common than most women think. Around 75% of women experience a vaginal yeast infection at least once throughout their life. And about half have 2 or more cases in their lifetime. But there is no need to worry, this condition can be soothed with home remedies for vaginal yeast infection that contain bacteria-fighting properties. See below what you need to do in order to get healthy natural relief.
Our natural home remedies for vaginal yeast infection will help you feel better soon
Share this Image On Your Site
</p><br /><br /><p><strong>Please include attribution to HomeRemedyBook.com with this graphic.</strong></p><br /><br /><p><a href=’https://homeremedybook.com/home-remedies-for-vaginal-yeast-infection/’><img src=’https://homeremedybook.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/vaginal-yeast-infection-remedies.jpg’ alt=’Best Home Remedies for Vaginal Yeast Infections – Infographic’ width=’800′ border=’0′ /></a></p><br /><br /><p>
Widely regarded as the most popular home remedy for vaginal yeast infection, garlic is used by women all around the world to treat this condition. Garlic for yeast infection works thanks to its antibacterial, antibiotic and antifungal benefits.
- Cut ½ a clove of garlic.
- Place it directly into the vagina and leave while you sleep.
- Remove it in the morning.
- Use a garlic capsule as an alternative or swallow it as a regular supplement.
2. Oregano Oil
Oregano is one of the most effective home remedies for vaginal yeast infections owing to its carvacrol content. This substance gives the oil strong anti-yeast and antifungal properties that help your body overcome the infection. You can use oregano oil either topically or internally to treat a yeast infection at home.
- Add 7-8 drops of oregano oil in a capsule.
- Consume 1 capsule after every meal (2 or 3 times a day).
- Repeat until yeast infection clears (for 2-3 weeks).
- Dilute 4-5 drops of oregano oil in an equal amount of olive oil for a topical alternative.
- Apply directly to the area that has been affected.
- Repeat the remedy daily for 2-3 weeks.
3. Aloe Vera
If you want to learn how to get rid of yeast infection naturally fast, you should take a look at the benefits aloe vera offers. Among its 75 active ingredients, we can detect amino acids, saponins, enzymes, folic acid and vitamins like A, B12, C or E. All of these combined work to reduce the inflammation associated with yeast infection.
- Cut open a leaf from an aloe vera plant.
- Extract the gel or juice inside.
- Soak a cotton pad in the gel.
- Apply directly to the infected area.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
The probiotics in plain, white yogurt make it one of the most trustworthy home remedies for vaginal yeast infection. To put it shortly, probiotics are the ‘good bacteria’ found in fermented foods that prevent the extension of the infection. In yogurt, the main ‘good bacterium’ is lactobacillus acidophilus.
- Use 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt and apply directly around the infected region.
- Wait for 1 hour before rinsing.
- Consume more of this plain yogurt as part of your diet to boost its effects.
Cranberry home remedies for vaginal yeast infection come in 2 forms: juice or capsules. The bacteria-fighting active ingredient – proanthocyanidin – is reportedly only in the tablets, but drinking plain cranberry juice also helps.
- Take cranberry capsules 2-3 times on a daily basis.
- Drink cranberry juice (plain, unsweetened) 3-4 times a day as an alternative.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Even though it isn’t its primary active ingredient, the anti-inflammatory cineole can be found in tea tree oil. In addition to this, tea tree oil also contains antifungal and antibacterial properties that fight yeast infection. Use tea tree oil only when diluted.
- Dilute 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply to the area that’s infected.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil with 1 cup of water for a douche alternative.
*Tea tree oil for yeast infection should not be used by women during pregnancy.
7. Hydrogen Peroxide
You can also try making a douche from hydrogen peroxide. As one of the home remedies for a vaginal yeast infection, hydrogen peroxide words by disinfecting the area and eliminating irritants. Make sure that you use distilled water for this at home remedy for yeast infections.
- Combine equal amounts of hydrogen peroxide (3%) and distilled water.
- Douche with the substance 2 times a day for 4 days.
- Continue using once a day until the infection subsides.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Using apple cider vinegar for yeast infection is well-known among home remedy enthusiasts. The yeast infection home remedy vinegar provides works by balancing the pH level of the vagina. This not only naturally treats the infection, but also prevents its reappearance.
- Run a bath and add 2 cups of raw apple cider vinegar.
- Soak in this bath for 15 minutes.
- Dry your skin well when you’re done.
- Repeat once a day for 3 days to see the results you desire.
9. Coconut Oil
As part of its medicinal properties, coconut oil for yeast infection is effective owing to its antifungal benefits. Even more so, you can keep some coconut oil on hand for other unexpected issues, such as dandruff, eczema or even tooth pain.
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil, or as much as you need to cover the infection.
- Coat the affected area with the oil.
- Repeat 3 times every day.
Rosemary is also part of the herbal home remedies for vaginal yeast infection you can try. In addition to its carnosic acid content, which also aids in eye health and free radical damage, rosemary is a potent anti-inflammatory agent that can be used for battling a yeast infection.
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add 1 sprig if you have fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- Steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Wait until it cools.
- Use it as a douche or apply directly to the area with infection.
*Pregnant women should not use rosemary without consulting their doctor beforehand.
11. Calendula Leaves
Research points out that calendula contains powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties. Fresh calendula leaves are preferred as a home remedy for yeast infection, but you can also use an ointment for topical application.
- Remove 2-3 calendula leaves from a plant.
- Crush them and apply directly to the affected area.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times daily.
12. Boric Acid
As one of the potent home remedies for vaginal yeast infection, boric acids prevents the expansion of Candida albicans, the bacteria causing the infection. It’s a natural antiseptic and antifungal agent that combats the infection effectively.
- Fill 1 gelatin capsule with boric acid.
- Apply as a suppository.
- Repeat daily for 1 week.
*Do not use boric acid if you are pregnant.
As far as herbal home remedies for vaginal yeast infection are concerned, basil provides the necessary antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties for relief. The active ingredient in basil, eugenol, plays a major role in supplying these health benefits.
- Boil 3 glasses of water.
- Grind basil leaves until you get 1 ¼ teaspoon.
- Remove the water from your stove and add the basil.
- Allow it to steep for half an hour.
- Use it for gargling once chilled.
Another herbal home remedy for vaginal yeast infection you can count on is thyme. Even though its effects aren’t immediate, thyme tea can be consumed for relatively long-term effects. The main substance in thyme, thymol, acts as an antiseptic for infections.
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Drink and repeat 3 times a day.
15. Olive Leaf Extract
To wrap up our home remedies for vaginal yeast infection, we want to introduce you to the benefits of olive leaf extract for fighting this issue. It supports the ‘good bacteria’ in the body and also provides anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antifungal benefits, not to mention its antioxidant content. This is yet another yeast infection remedy that isn’t immediate, but quite effective.
- Crush 2-3 olive leaves.
- Place them in a jar.
- Pour vodka into the jar until it covers the leaves.
- Place a lid on the jar.
- Store in a place with no sunlight for 1 month (4 weeks).
- Open, strain and coat the infected area with the extract.
- Repeat 3 times daily.
In summary, home remedies for vaginal yeast infection are diverse and accessible. However, this isn’t a condition to be played around with. You should seek medical attention as soon as possible if you find that several of these remedies didn’t work. Moreover, you can ask your doctor about what home remedies for vaginal yeast infections would be appropriate for you. Have you tried any of these methods? Do let us know all about it in the comment section below!