If you’ve ever been hit with a bout of vertigo, you know how difficult it can be to figure out what is going on. While most people who have vertigo for the first time are worried that there is a serious problem, it is usually something that doesn’t even require a medical professional to intervene. Vertigo is caused by an imbalance of fluids deep inside of the ear, but with our home remedies for vertigo you can find relief.
Feel better again with our home remedies for vertigo!
Phytonutrients, along with iron and calcium can help to combat vertigo. The mixture of coriander with gooseberry powder and raw honey can help you get instant relief. It is an easy home remedy for vertigo and the supplies can often be found at your local health food store.
- Soak 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds in purified water for 24 hours.
- Soak 1 tablespoon gooseberry powder in a different container of water for 24 hours.
- Combine the two mixtures and add one tablespoon of honey.
- Drink the water with the mixtures inside of it.
- Continue drinking this each day until you no longer have vertigo.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is used for many different purposes but it is also one of the many home remedies for vertigo. Make sure that you are using both natural honey and natural vinegar. Vinegar with the mother is always better.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Put the mixture into a glass of warm water and stir well.
- Add ice cubes for a refreshing drink.
- Add cinnamon to the mixture to help reduce swelling of the blood vessels and create a more pleasant taste.
3. Garlic and Sesame Oil
Garlic contains soothing properties and sesame oil has been proven to help reduce the vertigo symptoms. As one of the best home remedies for vertigo, it will help you to have instant relief. Be sure that the garlic and the sesame oil are organic or, at least, all natural for the best effects.
- Crush two cloves of garlic that have been peeled.
- Put them in a pan and turn the heat on medium-high.
- Add two teaspoons of sesame oil to the garlic.
- Cook them until it is fragrant and the garlic begins to turn brown.
- Lay down on the side opposite of where you are having vertigo.
- Drip between two and five drops of the oil into your ear.
- Allow it to drain down into the ear.
- Place a piece of organic cotton into the outside part of your ear, in order to help it stay in.
Almonds have vitamins in them and a lot of medicinal properties that are ideal for fighting vertigo. They are one of the home remedies for vertigo that are simple to use and can help to make it stop but do not prevent it from happening. This is one of the most palatable remedies for vertigo and most people find that it is easy to take on a regular basis.
- Put four all-natural or organic almonds into a glass of water.
- Let them soak overnight or for at least eight hours.
- After they have soaked, add them to a food processor and grind to a fine paste.
- Get eight ounces of warm milk and mix the almond paste in until it is smooth.
- Drink the milk to help get rid of vertigo.
- Eat the paste on its own for a quicker option.
5. Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo Biloba can be found in specialty and health stores and is readily available due to its increasing popularity. The gingko that contains at least 24% of ginkgo heterosides is the best to purchase and continue to use to help prevent vertigo in the future.
- Find an all natural Ginkgo Biloba mixture (it can either contain 24% heterosides or ginkgolides).
- Begin taking 250 milligrams each day.
- Use between 40 and 60 milligrams each day after vertigo has stopped so that you will be able to prevent it from coming back in the future.
6. Watermelon Seeds
This is one use of watermelon seeds that will definitely surprise you. Besides all the nutritional benefits (high in proteins, B vitamins, minerals, good fats, iron, and more), that consuming watermelon seeds brings, they are also great to be used in a natural remedy for vertigo.
- Put in water 8 watermelon seeds with 8 almonds, 2 tablespoons of wheat grain and 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds.
- Let them soak overnight.
- The next morning mix all the ingredients into a paste.
- Fry in a pan 1 tablespoon of ghee with 2 cloves in it.
- Add the seeds paste that you made.
- Drink the combination.
- Repeat for a week or until vertigo is gone.
7. Coenzyme Q10
This helpful supplement can have many different purposes and it is used as one of the home remedies for vertigo. It works by providing the body with better circulation and makes it easier for both blood and fluid to move throughout the body. It can also work a supplement that can help prevent symptoms from coming back.
- Find a Coenzyme Q10 supplement – natural or organic is best.
- Take the recommended dose, taking too little will not give you the desired effects.
- Continue taking regularly to help prevent episodes of vertigo in the future.
If you are looking for home remedies for vertigo that will help to clear it up fast, a lemon drink is the way to go. This remedy has been used for decades and works effectively. It is also a tasty mixture that will not be difficult to prepare and drink.
- Place one cup of water in a small saucepan on the stove.
- Heat it up over medium heat.
- Allow the water to come to a boil.
- Place one lemon that is cut in half and has been washed.
- Turn the heat down.
- Simmer it on a low setting for 10 minutes.
- Pull the lemon out, there will still be some pieces in the water.
- Drink up to three times per day.
9. Epley Maneuver
Much like doing other physical treatments, the Epley Maneuver can change the direction that the fluid is going and help it to get where it needs to be in your ear. This maneuver is complicated so if it does not work the first time, consider trying again until the vertigo is gone.
- Sit down on the edge of a bed or somewhere you can lay down and lay a pillow down.
- Turn your head about 45 degrees on the left side.
- Lay down fast with your face up and the pillow under your shoulder.
- Give yourself 30 seconds this way.
- Turn your head to the other side 90 degrees.
- Wait like this for 30 seconds and then bring your body the rest of the way to the right.
- Stay this way for another 30 seconds before you sit straight up.
- Do this twice when needed.
10. Vitamins D and C
Both vitamin D and vitamin C are great home remedies for vertigo, so it can be helpful to ramp up your intake of both of these vitamins. Getting more vitamin C and D is easy and you can see huge results from taking them. Even if you don’t have access to fresh fruit and vegetables on a regular basis, you can still get the vitamins from other sources.
- Consider taking supplements that will help you to get more of each of the vitamins, a multivitamin often has enough of each of these.
- Take only the recommended dosage from the supplements instructions.
Ginger is an effective treatment for many different purposes, it is very renowned especially for helping with vomiting. It is used as one of the home remedies for vertigo because of the balancing properties that it has. Drinking ginger tea can help balance out the fluid in the ear and can make it easier for you to prevent this from happening in the future.
- Boil one cup of water.
- Place a 1-inch piece of fresh ginger root in the water (do not use powdered ginger).
- Allow it to steep for 15 minutes.
- Put up to one teaspoon of honey into the mixture to help reduce the bitterness of the ginger.
- Wait for it to cool down and then drink when needed.
Sometimes, a home remedy for vertigo can be as simple as making sure that you are getting enough water. You will be able to feel the positive benefits of drinking more water for every system of your body. While it may seem counter-intuitive to add fluid to your body if you are already having problems with fluid in your ear, water can help loosen the fluid in your ears up and redistribute it to where it needs to go.
- Try drinking one extra glass of water per day.
- Consider putting some fresh fruit into it to add natural flavor, if you don’t like the plain taste of water.
- Consider cutting down on things like tea, soda, coffee and juice that you would normally drink.
- Don’t drink a lot in the morning or night, drink throughout the day.
Home remedies for vertigo are easy to find and use. You probably already have everything that you need for each of the remedies on our list. Most of them will help your symptoms immediately. These will be helpful if your vertigo is primary not if it is the result of a different health problem. Do you know of any other remedies that work well for vertigo? Do let us know in a comment below!