Before diving into home remedies for wrinkles, let’s take a closer look at the root of the problem. While most believe wrinkles are strictly connected to natural aging, there’s another factor that’s just as essential. One of the National Institutes of Health’s websites informs that sunlight plays a huge role in skin aging. In fact, one major study concluded that 80% of visible facial aging was caused by exposure to UV rays.
But is staying away from sunlight in excess the only way we can prevent or treat wrinkles? There are plenty of remedies for fine lines and wrinkles that you can apply from the comfort of your own home. Learn more about how to take action with these home remedies for wrinkles under eyes, on the forehead, lips and anywhere else on the face below.
Get Smooth Skin with Home Remedies for Wrinkles
Top home remedies for wrinkles on face require strong properties and key active ingredients. Ginger, in this case, has long term skin-smoothening effects when taken orally. Aside from the fact that it’s rich in antioxidants, ginger also reduces elastin breakdown.
- Brew ginger tea by boiling 1 teaspoon of ginger for every cup of tea you want to consume.
- Drink a cup of ginger tea 2 times a day.
- Swallow a tablespoonful of honey and a dash of ginger as an alternative. Apply this remedy on an empty stomach when you wake up.
Papaya is among the exotic yet effective home remedies for face wrinkles. It contains plenty of enzymes that help eliminate dead skin. Even more so, these enzymes work to renew your skin and reduce the visibility of wrinkles in a natural way.
- Cut a thick slice of papaya.
- Crush it well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix thoroughly.
- Put the substance on the areas with wrinkles.
- Wait for 20 minutes for the effects to take place.
- Wash your face with cool water.
- Repeat before you go to sleep on a daily basis.
Honey is typically used as a secondary ingredient in many home remedies for wrinkles around the mouth. In addition to its accessibility, honey also has great antibacterial properties that cleanse your skin. When combined with the right ingredients, honey can be one of the best home remedies for wrinkles.
- Apply raw honey to your skin if you want to use only this ingredient.
- Wait for 15 minutes for it to sink in and then wash your face.
- Combine honey with one of these ingredients for an even better impact:
- Powdered milk
- Vitamin E oil
- Apply as you would with plain honey, according to the instructions above.
Cucumbers are wonderful home remedies for under eye wrinkles, owing to their multitude of antioxidants. Moreover, cucumbers contain a substance called silica, which also assists in treating puffy eyes or dark circles under them. Cucumbers are an excellent natural moisturizer for rejuvenating the skin.
- Wash and cut a cucumber in half.
- Place in your blender.
- Add 3 teaspoons of plain Greek yogurt.
- Run the blender until you get a thin paste.
- Apply the mask to your face.
- Wait for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Repeat once a day, either in the morning or at night.
5. Olive Oil
Regarded as the best home remedy for wrinkles by many, olive oil contains high levels of essential vitamins for healthy skin, like E and A. Furthermore, olive oil is also full of antioxidants, which are extremely important for battling free radicals.
- Put 3-4 drops of olive oil on the tips of your fingers.
- Gently massage it into your skin.
- Add glycerine and honey for a nutrient boost.
- Let it be absorbed naturally by your skin.
- Repeat the process 2 times a day.
As home remedies for wrinkles, bananas shine through their nutrient content. They come with high levels of vitamin B-6, potassium, fiber and vitamin C, but also magnesium and protein. The antioxidant content of bananas increases its effectiveness as a home remedy for under eye wrinkles.
- Peel 2 bananas.
- Crush them until you get a paste-like substance.
- Apply the banana paste directly to your skin.
- Allow it to sink in for half an hour.
- Wash the area and lather your skin with a moisturizer (like olive oil or coconut oil).
- Apply this banana face pack 2 times every week for long-lasting results.
As far as home remedies for lines on forehead and wrinkles are concerned, lemons are among the optimum choices. Lemons contain citric acid, an astringent substance that succeeded in deep-cleansing the skin. Lemons are great for exfoliating without applying abrasive pressure to the skin.
- Cut 1-2 lemons, depending on how large the area you want to treat is.
- Squeeze them to obtain fresh lemon juice.
- Put the juice on the areas with wrinkles.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face gently.
- Repeat the process 3 times throughout the day.
The most reliable home remedies for deep wrinkles contain ingredients that are high in vitamins and minerals. Carrots are one of the best natural sources of vitamin A available, and they also contain antioxidants, beta-carotene, potassium and fiber.
- Take 1 carrot and place it in a blender.
- Blend it until it becomes smooth.
- Apply the carrot smoothie on the region with wrinkles.
- Wait for half an hour.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Juice a carrot and use it as a face wash if you’d like a thinner alternative.
- Make sure you do this daily for the results you desire.
Aside from being a delicious fruit, pineapples are actually an excellent source of nutrients. What recommends them as quality home remedies for wrinkles is their antioxidant, vitamin C, enzyme and fiber content. All of these vitamins and minerals can greatly aid in skin renewal.
- Slice and peel a piece of pineapple.
- Massage it in your wrinkled skin using a circular technique.
- Wait for the juice to dry (about 10 minutes).
- Wash and repeat on a daily basis.
Among home remedies for lines and wrinkles, avocados shine through their high vitamin E content. Also, avocados contain oleic, alpha-linolenic and pantothenic acid, three substances that do a world of good for the human body.
- Cut 1 avocado and remove the pit.
- Place the two halves in a blender.
- Run until it results in a thin paste.
- Apply the avocado smoothie on your wrinkles.
- Let the nutrients be absorbed for 15 minutes.
- Wash with cool water.
- Repeat 2-3 times on a weekly basis.
11. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of the home remedies for wrinkles that goes so far as to make your skin more elastic. Thanks to its malic acid content, aloe vera is one of the most powerful natural anti-inflammatories and antibacterial agents you can use.
- Cut a leaf from an aloe vera plant.
- Use a spoon to scrape the gel out of the leaf.
- Apply the aloe vera juice directly to your skin.
- Allow it to sink in for 20 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
- Do this daily for the best impact.
Oleic acid and folic acid are just two of the amazing ingredients that make almonds one of the top home remedies for wrinkles on forehead. Almonds also contain a bunch of nutrients – like vitamin E, fiber, zinc, calcium, and iron – that are all fantastic for nourishing skin.
- Place about 100 grams of almonds into a bowl of unprocessed milk.
- Let them soak overnight.
- Remove the peels the following morning and crush them finely.
- Apply this paste on your wrinkled areas.
- Wash after 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the process every day until your wrinkles aren’t as noticeable.
13. Rice Flour
A home remedy for face wrinkles that’s not quite well-known is rice flour. When combined with a secondary ingredient, rice flour has anti-aging skin benefits and even UV protection. Plus, rice flour promotes the production of collagen.
- Put 2 tablespoons of rice flour in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of rose water or green tea.
- Stir well.
- Massage into your skin for 3-4 minutes.
- Leave the solution on for 15 minutes.
- Wash and repeat 2 times a week.
14. Coconut Oil
Aside from its abundance of antioxidants, coconut oil is part of our list of home remedies for wrinkles thanks to its bacteria-fighting properties. A reliable antifungal and antibacterial by nature, coconut oil aids in the cleansing of skin without any harmful chemicals that store-bought products contain.
- Melt the equivalent of 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Massage it into your wrinkled skin for 3-4 minutes before you go to sleep.
- Let it be absorbed over the night.
- Wash your face with cool water the next morning.
- Repeat the process every day before you go to bed.
15. Fenugreek Seeds
A home remedy for eye wrinkles that provides a boost of skin elasticity is fenugreek. Both the seeds and the leaves of fenugreek are packed with nutrients, from 186% of your daily recommended value of iron to 100% of your fiber DV. Fenugreek seeds also come with magnesium, protein, potassium, vitamin B-6 and phytonutrients, among many others.
- Bring 1 glass of fresh water to a boil.
- Add about 80-100 grams of fenugreek seeds and allow to boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and use the liquid as a face wash.
- Wash your face with it every day.
16. Egg Whites
One of the home remedies for wrinkles around the eyes with amazing topical benefits is an egg whites mask. With plenty of protein, sodium, and potassium, albumen (the formal name for egg white) is a potent remedy for smoothing wrinkles.
- Crack 3 eggs and separate the whites from the yolks.
- Beat the 3 egg whites until they become foamy.
- Apply the foam to your skin and wait for 5 minutes.
- Wash your face and repeat every day.
17. Green Tea
Finally, the last of home remedies for wrinkles is one of the best-known antioxidant sources. Even though this remedy doesn’t provide fast results, green tea can help treat wrinkles in time and prevent them from appearing in the future.
- Prepare a cup of green tea.
- Drink in the morning, at lunch and in the evening every day.
In conclusion, home remedies for wrinkles are a cost-effective, safe, and a natural way to smoothen your skin and get the glowing complexion you have always dreamed of. If one remedy doesn’t work for you, don’t hesitate to branch out and try some more until you find the one that works best for you. Don’t forget – different remedies work for different skin types, so don’t be alarmed if your first choice isn’t the most efficient.
How about you? What remedy did you find to be the best? Share with other readers in a comment below!
Image sources: no attribution required.