While most of us are seeking the perfect method to shed off extra pounds, there are some people who are looking for the exact opposite. This is usually because of various medical issues than hinder with the person’s health. Of course, it can also be a pure aesthetic choice. But contrary to popular belief, gaining weight can be done in a healthy and controlled manner. And, no, the best way to do that is not through stuffing your face with junk food. Keep reading and discover the home remedies to gain weight that will add some more meat to your bone while avoiding the addition of more adipose to your arteries.
1. Mango and Milk
Mango is an excellent fruit to consume when seeking to gain weight. Its sugars will contribute to that while also making sure you’re healthy, though this is definitely the wondrous action of milk.
- Eat one ripe mango three times a day.
- After you have consumed the mango, drink one glass of warm milk immediately after.
- The results will become visible about one month into the treatment.
2. Clarified Butter
Clarified butter and sugar will create quite the combo for those seeking efficient home remedies to gain weight. You only need to follow the instructions below to prepare this treatment.
- Mix one tablespoon of clarified butter with an equal amount of sugar.
- Have this mix at least half an hour before having a meal, on an empty stomach.
- You will start to notice the results after just one month of undergoing this treatment.
3. Almond Butter
Almond butter makes one of the best home remedies to gain weight around. It’s nourishing and rich in all the compounds that will give you a few extra pounds.
- Spread almond butter on a slice of toast or a loaf of whole wheat bread.
- Also, you could add the almond butter to milkshakes in combinations with the likes of milk, bananas, and blueberries.
- You can also substitute almond butter for peanut butter and eat it in sandwiches.
Many avoid bananas whenever they’re on a diet. So, if you do want to gain weight? Then they’re definitely the friends that you need.
- Mash two bananas in a bowl and then mix in the paste with two eggs.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Pour into heated pan and cook on either side until golden-brown.
- Top the pancakes with some honey or maple syrup.
Just like bananas, potatoes have quite the bad reputation for giving people a few extra pounds due to the high carb and fiber concentration. But this just means they’re excellent home remedies to gain weight!
- 3 pounds small red or white potatoes
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp.
- Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.
Beans are also foods that have a reputation for possibly adding one too many extra pounds on people’s bones. Follow the recipe below, which uses green beans, to prepare a dish as delicious as it is efficient.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pinches lemon
- Pepper, salt to taste
- Place green beans into a large skillet and cover with water.
- Next, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beans start to soften.
- Drain water.
- Add butter to green beans; cook and stir until butter is melted for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook and stir garlic with green beans for about 3-4 minutes, until garlic is tender.
- Season with lemon pepper and salt.
7. Raisins and Figs
Figs contain plenty of omega fatty acids that will help you put on a few more pounds. Also, raisins are packed with polyunsaturated fats, which will help you in your quest too.
- Soak six dried figs and thirty grams of raisins in water.
- Leave them to sit overnight.
- Afterwards, eat them in two portions throughout the day.
- Repeat this for 30 days to put on weight.
Yogurt is another type of food that you can use to put on some more weight. The best part about it is how versatile it is and how easy you can incorporate it in various recipes.
- Whisk 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt with 2 tablespoons each whole-grain mustard, white wine vinegar, minced shallots and chopped dill.
- Toss with the beets; season with salt and pepper.
Pasta, potatoes, and beans are the Holy Trinity of unwanted extra pounds. Or, in your case, some wanted pounds. Read this basic and simple spaghetti recipe for a delicious and effective meal.
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti noodles
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb hamburger meat
- On medium heat melt the butter and sautee the onion and bell peppers.
- Add the hamburger meat and cook until meat is well done.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder can be adjusted to your own tastes.
- Cook noodles as directed.
- Mix the sauce and noodles if you like, I keep them separated.
Flaxseeds are incredibly efficient for dealing with weight loss. They are packed with benevolent fats that will get stored in different parts of the body to facilitate weight gain.
- Take a handful of flaxseeds and soak them in a bowl of water overnight.
- In the morning, eat them on an empty stomach.
- Repeat this process for as long as you are pursuing your plan.
Cheese is rich in numerous proteins and nutrients that your body needs in order to be able to put an end to uncontrolled episodes of weight loss. It’s also a delicious food that you can experience, how else, in a simple recipe of mac and cheese, now turned into one of the best home remedies to gain weight.
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Fill a large pot with water and salt it slightly.
- Add elbow macaroni in the boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally until firm to the bite but clearly done.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add in milk into the butter-flour mixture while continuously mixing until the blend is smooth and glossy.
- Add Cheddar cheese to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted.
- Fold macaroni into cheese sauce until everything is thoroughly covered.
12. Indian Ginseng
Indian ginseng is a frequent inclusion in Ayurveda practices thanks to its fantastic soothing properties. But it also helps regulate fat storage in the body to facilitate weight gain.
- Take about 1-2 teaspoons of Indian ginseng root powder.
- Next, add 1 cup of water to a pan and then bring to a boil, adding the ginseng afterwards.
- Afterwards, cover the pan and then steep for 17-20 minutes.
- Lastly, strain this mixture and then drink this tea daily for the results to become noticeable.
13. Dandelion Root
Dandelion is one of the best home remedies to gain weight for its ability to boost appetite. This, obviously, will make you eat more, which is one of the first steps toward an efficient way of amassing extra pounds.
- Add 1 teaspoon ofdried dandelion root powder to a cup.
- Afterwards, cover the dried dandelion with hot water.
- Cover the cup and then steep the mixture for 5-6 minutes.
- Finally, uncover and add honey to taste.
- Sip on this tea on a daily basis for the next few weeks until you get the results that you desire.
Licorice already has many uses when it comes to health and it seems that it’s useful at boosting weight gain in a natural and safe manner as well. Just prepare some tea with a bit of licorice root the way you see below and start reaping these benefits.
- Add 150 ml of milk or water to a pan and then bring to heat.
- Let the mixture boil for a few seconds and then add 1 teaspoon of licorice root.
- Reduce the heat and let it all simmer and brew for 5 minutes.
- Finally, strain this solution and then pour in a cup.
- Enjoy the drink while it’s still warm on a daily basis.
Chamomile is a herb of all kinds of wonders and it can safely help people struggling with appetite or weight issues. It will boost cravings and make it a lot easier to put on a few extra pounds when you really need it.
- Fill a cup with hot water and then add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile.
- Next, cover and steep for around 5 minutes.
- Strain and then add a little bit of honey and cinnamon depending to personal taste.
- Have this mixture 1 hour before bed every day until you get the results that you desire.
Asparagus is an appetite booster and a great diuretic food as well, helping regulate loss of nutrients through various bodily functions. It’s one of the best home remedies to gain weight, which you can use in a number of different ways.
- Add 2-5 grams of asparagus powder to a pot of boiling milk and later on include a spoon of clarified butter.
- Drink this blend twice a day for two months to see visible results.
Remember that it’s important to not go with what people believe to be the ‘surest’ way to gain weight: unhealthy eating habits. You will only end up adding more bad fats to your body’s storage. Instead, rely on the home remedies to gain weight we’ve just presented for a healthy and steady process.