How to Get Rid of a UTI: 15 Fast and Natural Remedies
If you find yourself looking up tips on how to get rid of a UTI, it means that you are probably in pain at the moment and you want to find ways to get rid of urinary tract infection. To give you a bit of background info, the American Urological Association estimates that 150 million urinary tract infections take place every year around the world. The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases adds that it is the second most common infection that takes place in the human body.
Consequently, advice on how to get rid of a UTI fast, how to get rid of a UTI naturally and how to get rid of UTI without antibiotics are frequently being sought after by individuals across the globe. To help you relieve the pain and regain your health, check out our top 15 remedies on how to get rid of a UTI without antibiotics.
Tips on How to Get Rid of a UTI at Home
1. Hot Compress
The most basic tip on how to get rid of UTI out of all is simply applying heat. A reliable hot compress can reduce the inflammation that causes you pain from urinary tract infections. In addition to this, it can also reduce the amount of pressure placed on your bladder.
- To get this home remedy on how to get rid of a UTI right, all you need to do is prepare a hot compress. You can pour hot water in a large bottle or use a heating pad – either one will work just fine.
- Put the hot compress on the lower part of your abdomen and lie down.
- If you still feel severe pain after about an hour or so, contact your doctor to make sure that you aren’t experiencing any complications.
If you want to learn how to get rid of UTI fast, ginger just might be the answer to all of your problems. Ginger root tea has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can alleviate the pain associated with urinary tract infections. It’s best if you brew your own pot of ginger root tea at home to reap its natural benefits.
- Take a piece of ginger root and cut it into small pieces.
- Boil a cup of water and add the pieces of ginger.
- Allow it to cool and strain.
- Drink the ginger root tea.
- Repeat this daily until the pain goes away.
3. Diet Adjustments
Some great advice on how to get rid of UTI naturally actually means removing elements of your diet instead of consuming specific ingredients. There are quite a few diet adjustments that you can make to soothe the pain from your urinary tract infection and speed up healing. If you want to master how to get rid of a UTI, you should really take these tips into consideration.
- Avoid the following irritants:
- Fizzy drinks
Did you know that a tip on how to get rid of UTI without medication is to use cucumbers? The reason why cucumbers are so effective for urinary tract infections is that they contain an abundance of water, which you will soon find out is almost necessary for naturally treating UTIs. This is a particularly useful tip for people who have trouble drinking a lot of water.
- Try to incorporate more cucumbers into your diet.
- You can do so by slicing a cucumber in bowl and enjoying it as a snack.
- As an alternative, eat cucumber salads as often as possible.
Aside from being a great tip on how to get rid of UTI symptoms, blueberries are actually some of the healthiest fruits on the planet. They have incredible properties that can inhibit the growth and expansion of bacteria. Their antioxidant content also plays a huge role in a natural recovery from a urinary tract infection.
- Pure blueberry juice is difficult to find, so consider eating fresh blueberries on a daily basis until your pain goes away.
- You can add them to a fruit salad, your whole grain cereal or just eat a handful.
6. Celery Seeds
Celery seeds probably aren’t the first ingredient you think about when pondering ‘how do you get rid of a UTI infection?’. However, this doesn’t make them any less effective than they truly are for naturally treating a urinary tract infection. As a general note, diuretics are highly recommended when suffering from a UTI. As celery seeds are an excellent diuretic, you should definitely consider them for treating a urinary tract infection the natural way.
- Consume some celery seeds after eating a meal.
- Repeat this process once or twice daily for the best effects.
- Even though there is no clear scientific evidence to back up the claim that celery seeds can be a remedy on how to get rid of a UTI, numerous users have applauded its positive impact.
7. Vitamin C
If you have got this far and are still asking yourself ‘how do I get rid of a UTI without antibiotics?’, it means that you should really take this point into consideration. The great part about this home remedy on how to get rid of a UTI is that it’s not limiting and doesn’t involve highly specific ingredients, like some of the other natural solutions on our list. Instead, it’s rather a strong recommendation that you add more foods rich in vitamin C in your diet. You will also notice that a few other remedies on our list are great sources of vitamin C, such as blueberries or cranberry juice.
- Enjoy foods with high vitamin C content. A few examples are:
- As an alternative, you can consider vitamin C supplements after consulting your doctor. However, it’s best to get this nutrient from the delicious foods we mentioned above.
8. Tea Tree Oil
If you’re searching for ingredients for how to get rid of a urinary tract infection fast with wondrous antibacterial properties, tea tree oil is definitely the way to go. It is a common natural solution that can help speed up the recovery process without causing any additional harm. Please note that tea tree oil is only for topical use; any oral consumption can be toxic.
- There are two main ways you can use tea tree oil as a remedy for how to get rid of a UTI. First of all, try preparing a basin of warm water with about ten drops of tea tree oil.
- Wash the opening of your urethra with this solution.
- You can also rub a bit of tea tree oil mixed with sandalwood and juniper oil on the lower part of your abdomen to reduce the pain.
Want to learn how to cure a UTI fast? Well, you should try out pineapple. Yes, you heard us right. One of the tastiest fruits available is actually one of the most popular home remedies on how to get rid of a UTI. There is an enzyme in pineapples that has super hero anti-inflammatory properties (Bromelain) that can effectively reduce the symptoms of a urinary tract infection.
- We recommend that you use only fresh pineapple for remedies on how to get rid of a UTI, so try to avoid canned varieties.
- Simply slice some pineapple and enjoy regularly to prevent and treat urinary tract infections.
- Alternatively, you can juice some pineapple from home.
10. Cranberry Juice
Like we mentioned before, cranberries are amazing for getting rid of a UTI naturally. Not only does it contain a lot of vitamin C, but it is also full of compounds that can inhibit bacteria growth. Please note that the cranberry juice you drink as a tip on how to get rid of a UTI should not be sweetened. If the taste is too harsh, you can add a bit of fresh apple juice.
- Enjoy ½ a glass of cranberry juice on a daily basis to prevent urinary tract infections.
- If you already have a UTI, consume between 3 and 4 glasses daily of cranberry juice.
- If you have suffered from kidney stones in the past, do not drink cranberry juice.
11. Baking Soda
Baking soda is already a ‘regular’ as far as our home remedies are concerned, so it’s pretty normal for it to also be a natural solution for how to cure a UTI at home fast. This multi-purpose ingredient can not only help you around the house, but it can also help you treat a wide range of minor health issues, urinary tract infections included. Baking soda works by neutralizing the acidity in the urine and alleviating the pain that comes with a UTI.
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda and add it to an 8 oz. glass of water.
- Drink this solution once or twice on a daily basis to get rid of the symptoms associated with urinary tract infections.
You might not already have horseradish lying around the house, but, all the same, you should know that it’s a powerful ingredient for how to get rid of urine infection. It has plenty of ingredients that can successfully attack bacteria and heal your urinary tract infection in a natural way. Please note that horseradish is a spicy ingredient and might be difficult for some to take.
- Grate one teaspoon of fresh horseradish root and consume it twice every day.
- If you find it hard to eat, wash it down with a glass of milk or water.
13. Empty Bladder Frequently
Sometimes the best tip on how to get rid of a urinary track infection simply means taking a basic action. Those who suffer from UTIs know that the sensation that they need to go to the bathroom is constant. Literally, it becomes incredibly frustrating and annoying at one point. However, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Numerous sources note that emptying your bladder is actually recommended for those suffering from urinary tract infections.
- Go to the bathroom every time you feel the need to when suffering from a UTI.
- Every time you do this, you are getting rid of the bacteria involved in a urinary tract infection.
Remember what we said about diuretics being amazing tips on how to treat a UTI fast? Well, parsley is definitely among them. Parsley water, to be precise. If you haven’t enjoyed this drink before, you should know that it’s incredibly refreshing, generally speaking. It helps you eliminate urine and, subsequently, the bacteria that comes with it.
- Boil one to two cups of water and add one cup of fresh parsley.
- Allow it to cool and enjoy this daily.
15. Drink Water
While this might not act as a tip on how to cure UTI fast, it will promote the recovery process and help you prevent urinary tract infections from occurring in the future. Water in abundance helps you empty your bladder, so you can understand why drinking a lot of water would help you throughout the process.
- Make sure you are consuming at least the daily recommended amount of fresh water – at least eight full glasses a day.
- If possible, drink even more on a daily basis, at least until your urinary tract infection passes.
- If it’s difficult for you to drink plain water, add a bit of lemon for taste and to get some more vitamin C.
After trying out these tips on how to get rid of an UTI without antibiotics, how to relieve a UTI fast and how to get rid of urinary infection in general, you are bound to have found one that is suitable for your case. Remember, home remedies on how to get rid of a UTI can have a different impact on different bodies, so it might take a bit to go through them all and find the one that’s right for you. Furthermore, you should always get in touch with your doctor and see what treatment is best for your UTI. Which natural ingredient was the best for you? Let us know in the comment section below!