If you are looking for the best tips on how to get rid of dark circles under eyes quickly, naturally and safely, you have definitely come to the right place. Regardless if you want to learn how to reduce dark circles, how to lighten dark circles or even how to remove dark circles in 2 days for that matter, our article on how to get rid of dark circles under your eyes will point you in the right direction. We have gathered the best healthy remedies how to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast and we can’t wait for you to try them. Read all about it below!
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles under Eyes Naturally
1. Coconut Oil
So, how do you get rid of dark circles under eyes? Well, a fantastic way to start is by trying coconut oil. This amazingly scented oil will not only be a pleasure to lather on, but it’s also an excellent moisturizer that is a favorite for skincare lovers. It works by naturally softening the skin and helping it regenerate on its own. What makes coconut oil so great for nourishing your skin and hair is that it’s packed with antioxidants and vitamins (like vitamin E), both key ingredients for safe care.
- Take a bit of coconut oil and apply it directly to the dark circle areas under your eyes.
- Gently massage it in your skin, moving your fingers in circles.
- Allow it to be absorbed throughout the night.
- Wash your face in the morning normally.
- Repeat the process every night for approximately a week to start reaping its benefits.
2. Almond Oil
When it comes to mastering how to get rid of dark circles under eyes, coconut oil isn’t the only oily wonder that can help you get the job done. Almond oil is just as effective for applying how to get rid of dark circles under the eyes tips, especially when combined with another magic ingredient (like lemon, honey or milk).
- Depending on what ingredients you have at hand, you can take equal parts of almond oil and lemon juice, honey or a paste made of powdered milk. You can also use just almond oil, but the properties of the secondary ingredient will speed up the effects.
- Take the mixed substance and gently massage it in the areas where you have dark circles for roughly two minutes.
- Allow the substance to dry naturally and wash the area afterwards.
- Repeat the process nightly until your dark circles start to subside.
Remember all the skincare commercials with cucumbers over eyes? Well, one of the tips for how to get rid of dark circles under eyes overnight is using this exact ingredient. What makes cucumbers so effective is that they can refresh and rejuvenate the skin. Also, they have the power to gently lighten the skin, helping you to eliminate those dark circles.
- Take a cucumber and slice it thinly. Put the slices in the refrigerator for about half an hour so they can cool down.
- When chilled, place them on your dark circles for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your face afterwards.
- Do this two times every day until they start to fade.
Another great guideline in the how to get rid of dark circles under eye handbook is to try out nutmeg. This natural remedy works so well owing to the high vitamin C and E content in nutmeg, which can lighten dark circles. The application process is very easy too, so check out the steps you need to take.
- Grab 2 tsp of powdered nutmeg and add a bit of milk to create a pasty substance.
- Dab the paste on your dark circles and leave it on as you sleep.
- In the morning, wash your face and repeat it all on a daily basis.
With an abundance of health properties included in this juicy delight, it’s natural that tomatoes would be among the best ways for how to get rid of dark circle under eyes. Its nutrients include vitamins A, B6, C, E, K, biotin, folate, phosphorus, dietary fiber, potassium and so much more. To use tomatoes as a remedy for mastering how to get rid of dark circles under eyes, go through these instructions.
- Use a blender to create a smooth tomato paste. Optionally, you can add lemon juice for a boosted impact.
- Apply the blended tomato to the dark circles under your eyes.
- Wait for ten minutes then rinse and repeat daily.
6. Chilled Compress
If your kitchen doesn’t have all the ingredients you need, one of the most efficient ways for how to get rid of dark circles under my eyes is simply by applying a cold compress. The temperature will reduce puffy, swollen eyes and the dark circles under them, so you should give this remedy a try when you’re out of options.
- Take any kind of cold compress – it could be anything from a cool towel to a bag of frozen vegetables – and place it under your eyes.
- Repeat the remedy as often as needed.
A super yummy method for how to get rid dark circles under eyes is by using nature’s favorite sweetener – honey. Honey is also loaded with trustworthy benefits like anti-inflammatory, skin-lightening and moisturizing properties, in addition to its high antioxidant content. There are numerous ways that you can use honey for dark circles, but here is the easiest one.
- Take some organic, raw, preferably local honey and apply a thick layer on your dark circles.
- Leave it on overnight for the best results.
- You can also incorporate more honey into your daily diet.
8. Rose Water
Rose water is excellent for learning how to naturally get rid of dark circles under eyes, thanks to its astringent, hydrating and antioxidant properties.
- Soak two cotton pads in rosewater and place them under your eyes.
- Allow the rosewater to be absorbed by your skin for fifteen minutes.
- Wash and repeat on a daily basis.
If you’re still wondering ‘how do I get rid of dark circles under eyes?’, your answer just might be in your fridge already. Make sure that the milk is chilled so you can enjoy speedy results.
- Like in the case of rosewater, put two cotton pads in cold milk and put them on your dark circles.
- Try to repeat this remedy four times daily for a few weeks for a great impact.
10. Orange or Lemon Juice
Sometimes perfecting how get rid of dark circles under eyes can just take a nice citric ingredient. Lemons or oranges contain lots of vitamins and other nutrients that lighten the skin, reduce puffiness and moisturize all at the same time.
- Apply either lemon or orange juice on your dark circles with the help of cotton balls or pads.
- Let it sink in for ten minutes and rinse afterwards.
- If you get an uncomfortable burning feeling, stop using this remedy and contact your doctor for professional help.
11. Tea Bags
Tea bags just might be the most reliable method for how to get rid of dark under eye circles fast for you. Green, black, white or chamomile tea will work just fine for this remedy, especially thanks to their multiple health properties.
- Boil a cup of tea as you normally would, but using two tea bags.
- Pinch the bags so any tea can drop out of them.
- Wait until they cool down or place them in your refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Lie on your back and place the bags under your eyes for approximately 15 minutes.
- Wash and repeat as necessary.
12. Aloe Vera
As one of Mother Nature’s outstanding wonders, aloe vera can even help you with how to get rid of dark under eye circles permanently. The antibacterial and antioxidant properties that aloe vera has and its positive impact on skin will help you get rid of those raccoon eyes fast and safely.
- We recommend using natural aloe vera gel, which you can obtain by slicing a leaf open and extracting the juice. As a side note, an aloe vera plant is always a fantastic addition to any home, especially for these kinds of cases.
- Apply a little bit on the circles under each eye.
- Leave until it is completely absorbed.
- Wash off and apply every day until they disappear.
Not only will the trusty ol’ daily apple keep the doctor away, but also your dark circles! Using apples for a way of how to get rid of puffy dark circles under eyes will leave you with noticeably lighter skin. Even more so, your skin will be hydrated and refreshed for an even greater impact.
- Similar to using cucumbers, all you have to do is cut a few thin pieces of apple and place them under your eyes.
- Wait for approximately 30 minutes before removing them and washing your face.
- You should repeat this remedy often until you get the results you desire.
Just like quite a few other natural remedies for how to get rid of dark circles under eyes that we have presented, potatoes have skin-lightening properties that can help you remove those annoying dark areas under your eyes. The application method is pretty simple too.
- Get the juice from some potatoes by grating and squeezing them.
- Drench two cotton pads in the potato juice and place them under each eye.
- Leave them on for fifteen minutes, then rinse and repeat daily.
- As an alternative, use potato slices like you would apple or cucumber slices. This works if you don’t have the time to grate the potatoes and prepare the juice.
Yet another tasty remedy for how to get rid of dark circles under eyes is mint. It is best to use natural mint leaves so you can enjoy the most pleasing results. Please be careful when applying this method for how to get rid of dark circles under eyes, as you might feel a stinging sensation. However, the health benefits of mint will leave you free of dark circles in no time.
- Take a handful of fresh mint leaves and crush them thoroughly.
- Apply the crushed mint to the area under your eyes with dark circles.
- Allow the juice to be absorbed for ten minutes.
- Carefully remove them with a moist towel and repeat often.
- In addition to mint leaves, you can also add some fresh tomato juice for even more amazing results.
16. Less Stress
In the end, a foolproof way for how to permanently get rid of dark circles under eyes is by preventing them from appearing. Stress, lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet all contribute to excessive tiredness and, as a result, darker circles under your eyes. Nevertheless, with a few lifestyle changes you can make a long-term impact not only for your dark circles, but also for your general health.
- Try to avoid stress as much as possible. Even when you face stressful situations, try to approach them with calm and a problem-solving mindset.
- Have normal sleeping patterns and try to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night. Your body needs to be well-rested in order for your skin to look bright and healthy.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water each day to maintain proper hydration.
- If you are a smoker or you tend to drink, try to lower or completely stop your tobacco and alcohol consumption.
At first, learning how to get rid of dark circles under eyes might not seem easy, but with the help of a few natural ingredients and minor changes in your lifestyle you can get back to a glowing complexion. Even though it’s challenging to find out how to get rid of dark circles under eyes instantly, you should be patient and consistent with the methods you choose. If you tried all of these remedies out and you are still wondering ‘how can I get rid of dark circles under eyes?’, it means that you should seek the advice of a medical professional. Share your experience in a comment below to help other readers out!
Image sources: no attribution required unless stated otherwise in photo captions.